Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 AM
New User

iforeman is starting off with a positive reputation.
1956 F100 frame cad drawing

Hi

Please read the attached PDF

As I build up the drawing I will be sharing what I have.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ian

1956 F100 frame cad drawing.pdf
Old 09-20-2011, 10:28 AM
Posting Guru

Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Moe Craig is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Moe Craig
Wish I could help but mines 7 years older ('49) then what you need. I guessing your going to fully box the frame, since your going to use IFS and IRS. Are you building custom crossmembers? Or are you planning on building the crossmembers like the original ones? Have you found the points where the side frame rails wides and the point where the point where it angles back to parallel to the front section?

1949 Ford F1
"You don't know the power of the Darkside!"
Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 AM
New User

iforeman is starting off with a positive reputation.
1956 F100 frame cad drawing - easier to read post

Hi
I am based in Ireland and we do not have any access to original parts. I think building the frame/suspension (JAG IFS/IRS) should be doable here. I want to put together a cad drawing of a 1956 F100 frame. Here is what I have so far. Can you guys please have a look and let me know where my dimensions are incorrect and let me have the corrections.
Name:  front - rear.jpg
Views: 3582
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  side.jpg
Views: 1985
Size:  18.1 KB

Using the JAG component’s I need to get the center line placement correct and then design the mounting points. There are other mounting points which are critical. These are the front and rear cab mounts, the running board mounts and the bed mounting points.
I have no reference for these dimensions (the mounting center-line from the rear of the frame and the mounting bolt/rivet layout); I will need help to determine these.
Name:  missing.png
Views: 1649
Size:  38.6 KB

As I build up the drawing I will be sharing what I have.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ian
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Senior User

ralphhood3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
iForeman,

I've got a 53 F-100 which is the same frame as the 56, and mine's currently got no body on it currently. I'd be happy to help with any dimmensions you need. You can post what you need here, or feel free to PM me and I can give you an email address to use. You'd need to be specific about reference points and how you want things measured, for example with running board brackets do you want measured to the centerline of the bracket, front edge, back edge, center of front bolt hole, etc? Mis interpreting reference points could mean you end up with a pretty goofy fitting body at the end of the day. I'm sure there's standards (like center of bracket) but I'd prefer not making an assumption that we're thinking the same reference point.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1956, 1999, 2007, cad, chassis, diagram, drawing, drawings, f150, ford, frame, taurus, truck, trucks, vans