1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my truck had another facelift! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 03:56 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
my truck had another facelift! Pics

even with the weekly washings, ever other week wax's, and trying to keep my truck parked in the shade as much as possible, the sun finally cought up to the old girl. Since i plan on keeping her till she stops moving i decide to give her another face lift yesterday. I did forget to take before pics but the plastic was badly sun bleahed almost a light grey white in areas.

all the black was done with Dupi color black bumper paint, restores trim to original black luster! ill see how good it holds up!

Recon smoked cab lights and LED third brake light, im gonna ordered amber LED for the cab lights tonight. Post night pictures when i get the LED cab lights in

these are E-load BFG all terrains, they dont come with white lettering so i finnaly bought dupi color tire paint pen from Summit and put it on. It really came out awesome, i washed them once so far and ive been early goose hunting all september and they are holding up to the mud so far.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I gotta say, you have one of my favorite trucks on here. Looks great. I love the green color

Old 09-19-2011, 04:04 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
the door trim, front bumper, and rear bumper trim was removed, washed with Dawn dish soap. Air dried and then wiped down with a Antistatic Surface Cleaner i got at the local auto paint supply house. its for body kits, trim anything thats plastic or fiberglass the guy told me.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:07 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
thanks acf6! I really wanted a red superduty but o well. Right now im being lazy with her. We have a early goose season here in NJ for september so ive been doing allot of field hunting and the girl is dirty, plus all the dam rain weve been getting isnt helping. Im gonna wash and wax her tonight though!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:10 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
i also rust painted the entire under body today! my body isnt bad just where all the supports are spot weldedtothe body were starting to rust alittle and some paint flaxing. So i orded a quart of Eastwood's rust converter paint, wire brused the truck yesterday and painted it all uptoday.tomorrow i will get a grey paint that matches the factory under cab paint andcover everthing so it looks good. Then i can put my westin step bars and push bar back on again.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:12 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
thanks acf6! I really wanted a red superduty but o well. Right now im being lazy with her. We have a early goose season here in NJ for september so ive been doing allot of field hunting and the girl is dirty, plus all the dam rain weve been getting isnt helping. Im gonna wash and wax her tonight though!
i bought my truck used with 35k and it had so many little scratches and those swirl marks everywhere that i dont like washing it anymore. it just looks bad cause you can them all

Old 09-19-2011, 04:12 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver

right after the new front springs went on, i swear my truck is worse than a girl. i give it more money than i do my girlfriend!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
i clay bar my truck before i wax it all the time, but now that the truck is seven years old im getting acid rain spots on the roof and hood, and alittle on the top of the bed sides! it ****ing pisses me off, im afraid to buff it because i might get the swirl marks your talking about.So ill just keep clay bar and waxing the hell out of her till she's old enough that i might consider a new paint job one day

Old 09-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your Super Duty looks great! The devils in the details... and you have them covered!

Old 09-19-2011, 05:13 PM
drey04
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome truck man! Good work!

Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Hotpocket
Elder User
great work as always, looks awesome!

Old 09-19-2011, 06:47 PM
rjfetz1
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
i bought my truck used with 35k and it had so many little scratches and those swirl marks everywhere that i dont like washing it anymore. it just looks bad cause you can them all
Meguaires makes a swirl remover. You can use it with a machine or by hand, then follow it with wax. For the scratches you could start with a fine cut cleaner, them swirl remover, then wax. Give meguiares a call - they will explain it all to you. I had a 5 year old red truck that i thought was very clean, Someone told me about meguiares. After I did it everyone thought I got a new truck. It will take about 3-4 hours but you will be amazed with the results.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler

right after the new front springs went on, i swear my truck is worse than a girl. i give it more money than i do my girlfriend!

new front springs??
did you add a levling kit? rear lift?

Old 09-19-2011, 09:06 PM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
I used to wash and wax my vehicles constantly, then kids came along. Truck looks good for its age! Mine already has soo many scratches (thanks to people who cant control their doors in a parking lot) and other dings that would kill me when I was younger. Now it makes mad for a day and then real life takes over. I'm just tired of the constant battle with the road salt in my area .

Old 09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
i hear you mdsuperduty! i still park at the back of parking lots so no one gets near my truck, i dont wax the truck as much as i use too but i still was it almost weekely. And i just spent two days wire brushing the under carriage so i could paint it with eastwood's rust encapsulator.

Quick Reply: my truck had another facelift! Pics