Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
eBay laugh of the night

I didn't see any gold plating, at least not on my computer screen. Perhaps I missed something. It's amazing just how much some people think things are worth, just because they're old. I've got a better one taking up valuable real estate that I'd be happy with 10% of their asking price.

1951-52 Ford Truck Cab, GREAT SHAPE!!!! | eBay

Perhaps his user name 'splains the delusion.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
Wow! yeah I had to look! good luck with that "mgddraft"
Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Elder User

lexcoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
One small hole in the floor.....sheesh look at all the HEAVY rust pitting all around that small hole LOL John
Old 09-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
I know the price of gold is going through the roof and a lot of people with old cars get iron oxide mixed up with gold but I still see the value. Maybe he accidentally added an extra digit.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 PM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Wayne & guys,
I'm telling you if that cab was down the road from me I would have jumped at the chance to buy that this summer. I had to replace both cab corners, the cab floor, the underfloor bracing, door sills, etc. It took hundreds of hours - I know it sounds ridiculous but that cab restoration is unbelievablely labor intensive....

Ben in Austin
Old 09-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Here are a couple more auctions with sellers being prowed of their parts:

52 1952 ford f1 pickup truck 5 star hood trim | eBay

1952 Ford Truck 5 Star Hood Trim - eBay (item 130570923746 end time Sep-06-11 08:59:02 PDT)
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben73058 View Post
Hey Wayne & guys,
I'm telling you if that cab was down the road from me I would have jumped at the chance to buy that this summer. I had to replace both cab corners, the cab floor, the underfloor bracing, door sills, etc. It took hundreds of hours - I know it sounds ridiculous but that cab restoration is unbelievablely labor intensive....

Ben in Austin
Ben,

How much are you paying your body man? Body labor rate around here is in the $80s/hour. Even at that price, plus parts, I can get a cab completely restored for about $1500 tops. Most shops these days are empty and are looking for work.

At that price, the cab still requires several hours to get it paint ready.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:52 PM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
$50/hr but I'm telling you there was pretty much nothing useable for cab corners - the replacements were let's say not exactly the best fit... It took a long time to get it right - including some hydraulic rams to get it back to square.... A cab in good condition would have saved me months...

It's one of those things where if you knew what you do now - You could save a lot of time & effort. My biggest problem with this truck was the condition of the cab - until you sandblast it you really don't know what you are working with...

Ben in Austin
Old 09-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
I have a small fortune if cabs are worth that much. I have 2 spare cabs that are in at least as good as shape as this ebay one. Id even give a discount for a total of a cool 2 grand a piece! Shipping not included haha

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:08 AM
Post Fiend

Granted the cabs I've had weren't as clean as the one on eBay, but they were pretty solid. I still couldn't give them away. I ended up chopping them up.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Postmaster

jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.jmadsen has a very good reputation on FTE.
But Hey, it comes with a shiny quarter!

But seriously, I had a cab that was about in that shape (with doors) and I couldn't sell it, almost gave it away last year. cabs are kinda hard to sell unless your local market is buying.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Posting Guru

iwanaflattie is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
1956 Ford Truck Cab and Doors - $4500

Date: 2011-09-13, 9:08AM PDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling Ford Cab and Doors asking 4500

644-5544

Old 09-19-2011, 12:24 AM
Elder User

badger_hound is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
I'd be happy with 10% of their asking price.

1951-52 Ford Truck Cab, GREAT SHAPE!!!! | eBay

Perhaps his user name 'splains the delusion.
Seems about right...in both cases.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm with Ross...

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmadsen View Post
But Hey, it comes with a shiny quarter!
And you get a free voltage regulator.

1951 F4 "Betsy" Build Thread @ http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
I saw a 55 cab sell for about that some time ago and a 56 BBW cab go for $3,400 on ebay. I guess I am too old and still think that old trucks are still plentiful (they really are by the way) and can be bought for "I'm doing the seller a favor by getting this POS off his/her property" kinda money. I have a 54 and a 56 BBW cab in storage that are both painted bright Ford red...maybe they'd be worth more if I primered them?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
cab, corners, f1, ford, replace