1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 F350 Ford Fog Light Kit Instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Bub50
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F350 Ford Fog Light Kit Instructions?

Wondering if anybody has had the experience of installing the O.E Ford Fog Light Kit them selves. The instructions are vauge, being just Illistration and not text scripted. The problem for me started with a noted picture stating " make connection to pin number 14". But my headlamp switch has only 12 slots for pins.

I'm really guessing if my truck came pre-wired for fog lamps, being and 06'XLT. I bought the truck in 2009, and this Fog lamp kit in 2010, and just now getting around to installing it.

I've installed the Lamps, an their harness up to the drivers side.
From there I'm a little lost. The harness has a long end that looks as if it leads to the Pos. Battery with a fuse. The end leading to the firewall has a relay, with 2 wires sticking out of that end, 1 yellow, 1 black.

Now, the second harness has those same wires at one end, and several inline fuses half way up. At the opposite end, the wires are Brown, and Gray with tan stripe. The instruction notes to tap into the headlight switch, and Dimmer switch.

Remember, the 14th pin did not exsist... only 12.
the end of the harness has 4 wires, but only 3 are pinned.
Those 3 are the same color as those in the connentor already in the truck harness. I'm reseaching those now to see if I already have this connection in the truck already, granted the kit comes with more parts then required.

The headlight switch has 12 pin locations, with 9 filled.

I just don't see "where" to plug in the harness either under the hood.

Thanks in advance
Bub50
I could appreciate a heads up

Old 09-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Bub50
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finished running thevwires where they needed to go from the kit. They included a block diagram with the instructions. I followed it to the letter, and the lower harness that brings power to the fog lights run to a relay, and a ground. Form there it runs a Yellow, and a Black wire, headed into the cab. Now theres a red wire that feeds the Fog Light Relay off the battery wire a 5amp fuse.

I fed the upper harness thru the firewall. the bottom 2 wires are Yellow and Black too.
I'm guessing they connect to the Yellow and Black wires in the engine compartment too.

Now, at the top end that connects to the Headlight switch, and dimmer switch for the Headlamps. Theres a Cut out Relay and a couple of fuses, running up to the headlight switch, with 4 wires with pins.

The instructions say, to take the Bare lead Gray/Orange stripe off the "Cut out Relay" and Crimp lock it to the dimmer switch, on the "HI".

Next, the instructions say to Crimp Lock, the Brown wire from the upper fog lamp Harness to the Headlamp switch, brown wire on 12, making it circut 14.
I think I figured out that much.

The only thing I don't understand.....
Why is it that I have 3 wires left with no place to go???

I do see the same wires already in the Headlamp Harness already....
I'm wondering what to do with these extra wires???