Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM
How-Tos on this Topic

Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Open and kind of firmly shut the drivers side door next time it happens and see if they start to work.

I had this same problem twice while camping this summer, once I just jiggled the ignition a tiny bit and everything started working again. The second time I started playing with the ignition but accidentally shut the truck off, when I restarted the truck everything worked.

That was the only times it ever done it to me until just a couple days ago when I was cleaning the X. I thought maybe bad wire in one of the doors because I had them all open. What fixed it this time for me was wiggling/pulling and reinstalling the "delayed accessory" relay. But at the same time I shut the drivers side door (for the second time). So I am hoping it is something with the relay and not me shutting the door shaking a wire somewhere in the truck.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VPT/244788508917829
Old 09-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Junior User

HOME WORKS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks to those of you whom have responded with your experience.
It must be a somewhat common problem, we may just need to keep this question going to find the person with the answer.
Thanks, David
Old 09-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
It sucks that its one of those sporadic problems. If mine would just quit and stay quit I could find the problem.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Junior User

You're right about it staying inoperable, as long as the windows are up when it happens,
I had a simular problem in the past with the battery saver relay malfunctioning. It would never do it while at the dealer (while under warranty)so they could witness it, and they would never take my word for the symptoms. Last year I had to have the drivers door power lock changed and told them to replace the battery saver relay which is part of the instrument cluster and thet solved the problem I had been dealing with for 3 years ( no interior lights when using the remote door lock)
Anyway I think if I can keep this post at the top for a while someone who has had this problem fixed will see this and respond.
David
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Junior User

Hope if I bring this back to the front the right person will see it.
thanks again, David
Old 10-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Post Fiend

Haven't had it happen again since I played with the relay.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 PM
Junior User

simplyrob is starting off with a positive reputation.
This intermittent stuff can drive you nuts, good luck.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Junior User

back to page 1 for the weekend group
Old 10-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Junior User

sending this back to the front
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 PM
New User

shawbar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Still stuck

Any luck on a fix? I have a 2002 Excursion where this happens quite a bit while driving but seams to come back within a few minutes. Same problem, windows and radio. I called the dealer and they were no help.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Junior User

No luck. Although it's only done it once in the past few weeks, but then again I only drive it about once a week.
David
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM
New User

shawbar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks, my happens every couple of days. What the the "GEM" mentioned early in this thread.
Regards,
Shawn
Old 11-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Posting Guru

housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.housedad has a spectacular reputation.
Please see my answer to this problem at this thread:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...cal-issue.html

Bion
2005 EXCURSION now called "ZOMBIE CRUSHER" by the kids. XLT V10 Silver More mods than I want to think about.... (see my gallery)
Ford Towing Guides click here Ford Owners Manuals Click here
Watch out for the Zombies.....
Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
Junior User

nstubbert is starting off with a positive reputation.
Power windows and radio issue

I have a 2003 Excursion with a 6.8L V10 and I am experiencing the same exact problems as you all are. The power to the radio and power windows will go out and then come back on sometimes a few minutes later, sometimes a half hour later. There isn't anything that I do to make the power go out and there isn't anything I do to make the power come back on. I came on here to hopefully find a fix for the problem. Has anybody fixed their problem yet? I called my mechanic and he said that he can't fix the problem if there is power to the radio and the windows. The problem is that even if the power is out to the windows and the radio when I bring it to the garage the power might come back on without warning and the mechanic will think that he has fixed the problem when he really hasn't. Any luck anybody?
Old 03-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Junior User

No fix yet. It's been doing it a lot more recently, like every time I drive it. Last weekend I removed the instrument cluster & checked all connections which were good and reassembled everything. Still have the same symptoms. Next I'll check the CENTRAL JUNCTION BOX as per HOUSEDADS link, just waiting to find out if the CJB is what's also known as the fuse box or if something totally different then where is it (CJB) located.
I have even considered replacing the intrument cluster again just to see if thats where the problem's coming from since hitting the dash above it will usually bring the power back on, just a little too pricey unless I can be more sure that's it.
2003 Eddie Bauer, 6.0 Banks Six Gun, MBRP 4" turbo-back with cat.,Zoodad air mod, Pillar mount AutoMeter Cobalt boost & egt gauges, Nitto NT420S 305/50R20 tires on 20x10 American Eagle 114's, matching tint front windows, 2005 grill, XM radio
Old 03-14-2012, 01:13 PM