Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Automotive Discussion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Senior User

n2umr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.n2umr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ford Commercial slams bailout

Ford Drive One "Press Conference: Chris" Commerical - YouTube
Old 09-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Postmaster

juneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud ofjuneau76 has much to be proud of
I love it!

Quote:
You haven't lived life until you've done 110mph in a Yugo
Old 09-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
Heard the audio on the Rush Limbaugh show--excellent ad imo.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 PM
Senior User

browntown3 is starting off with a positive reputation.
thumbs up!! Love it
2002 F-250 v10 4x4 3.73 sold
Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Posting Guru

shotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to allshotgunz is a name known to all
Reps to you sir!

The funny thing (to me anyway), is that while I have been a Ford 'guy' for a lot of years, if Ford had asked for a bailout and GM didn't, I'd probably be driving a GMC today.

Based on my experience and observations, the Dodge wasn't an option and I WILL NEVER BUY A JAPANESE TRUCK.

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
New User

usedup is starting off with a positive reputation.
No bailout is why I bought a 2011 Taurus over the Buick LaCrosse.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:31 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I would still be a Ford loyalist even if GM didn't take the cash and Ford did. Lucky for GM, they have tens of thousands of loyalists that simply don't care how the company stayed alive.

Pretty cool commercial though.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 09-17-2011, 10:46 AM

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
That's the thinking of a lot of people who do not not know what Ford did to their own employees to stay afloat.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 09-17-2011, 12:34 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Jimmy...can you elaborate on your post??? Not sure exactly what you're referring to.

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Posting Guru

Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
This commericial is reheared and I'm not buying this guys story!

2012 F250 Lariat CC FX4 3.55EL 6.7 PSD (Pulling Beast and all Stock)

2011 Edge Limited (Wifes)
Old 09-17-2011, 06:27 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I live within 25 miles of the former Norfolk assembly plant. Ford was in the news a great deal when they were in the process of closing her down.

It seemed to me as though they did right by their employees in terms of paid training, buyouts, placement in other Ford facilities, etc.

Losing a job that pays that kind of money would be traumatic for anyone but I would like to believe that Ford gave them a softer place to land than many other companies would have.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 09-22-2011, 12:39 PM
New User

Harry.Fodder is starting off with a positive reputation.
Federal bail outs to me are the biggest slap in the face to 95% of Americans. We as a people understand that if our product, and or service isn't up to par and making money, we end it, and end it before we lose anymore money. Somehow Corporate America feels it's okay to feed off of the government (We the People) and they forgot what doing business is all about. Wouldn't everyone in America produce junk if Uncle Sam had our backs every low point in our lives. Yeah, that was a great ad concept and it needs to be brought back.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Posting Guru

scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.scottman70 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ford was bailed out, do the research........

SOLD: 2004 Eddie Bauer 4x4 Excursion 6.0 Power Stroke
ARP Head Studs, Bulletproof EGR Cooler, Bulletproof/Liberator Oil Cooler, Rancho 9000XL's, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags,
Walker BTM Muffler, Fabtech dual steering stabilizers, Powerslot cryo treated Rotors.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Posting Guru

driximus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.driximus is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottman70 View Post
Ford was bailed out, do the research........
Interested in your Research.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry.Fodder View Post
Federal bail outs to me are the biggest slap in the face to 95% of Americans. We as a people understand that if our product, and or service isn't up to par and making money, we end it, and end it before we lose anymore money. Somehow Corporate America feels it's okay to feed off of the government (We the People) and they forgot what doing business is all about. Wouldn't everyone in America produce junk if Uncle Sam had our backs every low point in our lives. Yeah, that was a great ad concept and it needs to be brought back.
I wish that were true sir. GM out sold Ford in September by some 30K units corporate wide and their sales increase from September 2010 was over 20% while Ford steadily increased 9%. Chrysler increased over 25% from a year ago.

Honda, an undeniable leader in quality and innovation suffered a -9% slide in sales from a year earlier.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 10-05-2011, 05:24 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion

Tags
150, bail, bailout, bash, commercial, commercials, f150, ford, gm, limbaugh, raptor, rush, slamming, slams, truck, trucks