Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Tman sounds like you've added a few since we last spoke huh
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid winter salt hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 08-23-2014, 01:25 AM
Post Fiend

AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
Thought you guys might enjoy a video of that Dive Rescue truck i drove last week with all the red and blue lights on.

2011 F-150 Limited #3679 6.2 V8 4x4, Retrax bed cover, Husky mud flaps and wheel liners, HIDs, 35% tint
2002 Excursion Limited V10 4x4, 2.5/2" lift, HIDs,LEDs,20" DC wheels
1998 Expedition XLT 5.4 4x4,HIDs,16x8 ultra wheels,LEDs, HIDs
1991 F-250 lairat 4x4 5.0, 7'6" BOSS snow plow, Back Rack, Strobes, Work lights
Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 AM
Freshman User

Prof_Bob is starting off with a positive reputation.
goalwin goalwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Bite View Post
Done
So how was the install process? Any speed bumps along the way to look out for?

Entire truck and new hardware looks absolutely outstanding...!

2005 F-250 Lariat 4x4 V10, 4.5" Rough Country lift, 315/70/17 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S on Moto Metal wheels
pulling 2004 Four Winns 234 300HP V8 MPI
Old 08-23-2014, 05:28 AM
Senior User

Will Bite has a very good reputation on FTE.Will Bite has a very good reputation on FTE.Will Bite has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Bob View Post
So how was the install process? Any speed bumps along the way to look out for?

Entire truck and new hardware looks absolutely outstanding...!
Thanks. Everything went together very nice. Pretty easy installation. Shifts firm and the rear feels very solid now.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Post Fiend

Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
Tman sounds like you've added a few since we last spoke huh
Yep gained a few and lost a few. Since we last talked we got an 87 mallard motorhome that was in great shape with a Ford 460 engine banks exhaust kit, C6 auto transmission, and a few other goodies for free. Best part is the motorhome has just under 60K miles and it runs like a top after I soldered a wire from the distributor back together. Right before that I picked up a 94 explorer and 92 ranger both 4x4. Was told the explorer engine was locked up and their was no tittle to the running ranger. Took the engine out of the explorer and found out the explorer engine isn't locked up. I still put the lower mileage ranger engine in the explorer and that is now my daily driver while my F150 is down. I then picked up a 96 ranger for $250 and we are taking the body off it and putting it on the 92 chassis once I figure out some wiring problems and why now that the engine is back bolted together it won't turn over. Worse case scenario I have to buy a 4.0L.
Then mama took her 97 expedition in since it was running like crap and me and my dad couldn't seem to figure out the issue (I believe it was injectors and more problems) and she traded it in on a 04 GMC envoy XUV 4x4. Decent car but I still miss having a ford in the driveway next to the SD.
After that (actually just sunday) I picked up a 80 mustang Ghia that was originally a 6 banger. I pulled the engine out and got the car for doing that. My plan for it is to drop a 5.0L in it, 5 lug convert it, and have my sister daily drive it and once in a while I plan to bring it to the strip.
Sorry for the long post. LOL
Trav
Old 08-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Freshman User

goalwin goalwin
Trav...

You are an incredibly enterprising guy. Your list of projects and accomplishments, not to mention the speed that you pull them off, is amazing.

2005 F-250 Lariat 4x4 V10, 4.5" Rough Country lift, 315/70/17 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S on Moto Metal wheels
Old 08-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Bob Trav is just a young man, he has a full life ahead to show his talents, well done so far Tman

Trav that's impressive, WOW........ keep up the great work little buddy, thx for sharing
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23, avid winter salt hater
2006 F350 Lariat
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Posting Guru

King-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Bite View Post
Done
Click the image to open in full size.
Looks Great Will, I really need to get some too
Edge CS programmer, MBRP Dual Exhaust, S&B Cold-Air Box, Banks High-Ram Intake, Sinister Coolant Filter, DVD/CD/Back-Up Cam system w/2 rear TV's, custom Painted Grille/Headlights, N-Fab Bar's, Cowl Induction Hood, BoonDock Bumper's, mild Suspension Lift, Detroit TrueTrac, XD Rims w/BFG Tires & much more...Warren
Old 08-24-2014, 10:30 AM
Posting Guru

King-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant futureKing-bRanch has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Moovers View Post
Agreed. The ultimate would be power extending! And while on the subject, what about the rear slide window being electrically controlled. That is the only moan I have about my trucks Ford, are you listening?
They have it already sir, in fact my 2006 has a Power Rear Slider
Edge CS programmer, MBRP Dual Exhaust, S&B Cold-Air Box, Banks High-Ram Intake, Sinister Coolant Filter, DVD/CD/Back-Up Cam system w/2 rear TV's, custom Painted Grille/Headlights, N-Fab Bar's, Cowl Induction Hood, BoonDock Bumper's, mild Suspension Lift, Detroit TrueTrac, XD Rims w/BFG Tires & much more...Warren
Old 08-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Post Fiend

Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.Redneckfordf2502002 has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
Trav...

You are an incredibly enterprising guy. Your list of projects and accomplishments, not to mention the speed that you pull them off, is amazing.
Thanks man that means a lot. It takes a bit to get to where I am going being I don't have the most money in the world but the satisfaction of driving all these vehicles when I am done is good enough being we have built each of them cool in their own way slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
Bob Trav is just a young man, he has a full life ahead to show his talents, well done so far Tman

Trav that's impressive, WOW........ keep up the great work little buddy, thx for sharing
No problem. Sorry it was a bit long of a response. Mom said addiction needs to stop so more then likely we won't be gaining any vehicles unless we trade or sell a few. Which we might be selling the bronco 2 once we fix it.
Trav
Old 08-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Freshman User

goalwin goalwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002 View Post
Thanks man that means a lot. It takes a bit to get to where I am going being I don't have the most money in the world but the satisfaction of driving all these vehicles when I am done is good enough being we have built each of them cool in their own way slowly.
Trav...You're already ahead of me at 52 years old, so I'd say you're doing really well...! Do you have plans to go into auto/truck repair for a career? There can be some good money in it, although surely lots of hard work. A friend of the family makes a solid living at a young age as a diesel mechanic on 18-wheelers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002 View Post
Mom said addiction needs to stop so more then likely we won't be gaining any vehicles...
Whether it's your Mom or a wife, the message is often the same. My scouting for 6" oval nerf bars took a turn for the worse today when my wife saw the price I was considering. Given that she's only 5'1", I was pretty sure I could convince her that the extra step down on the Westin bars I was drooling over would sound like solid reasoning, but...

Old 08-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Whether it's your Mom or a wife, the message is often the same. My scouting for 6" oval nerf bars took a turn for the worse today when my wife saw the price I was considering. Given that she's only 5'1", I was pretty sure I could convince her that the extra step down on the Westin bars I was drooling over would sound like solid reasoning, but...
Those would be perfect for a kind young Lady... It does not matter what the cost is, she is worth it I'm sure..
Old 08-24-2014, 11:36 PM
New User

deagonkennels is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just came back to Ford from a '14 Ram 3500 (Previously had an '11 F-250). I am really liking the new truck.

Old 08-24-2014, 11:43 PM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Great looking rig....

What happened......that got you to drop a newish Ram for the Ford F-350..??
Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
New User

deagonkennels is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks...My Ram is a dually (still need to sell it) and it is just too rough for only hauling a couple times a week. The Ram is a good truck but, I was ready to get back in a Ford...they just fit me better. I was scared off in 2012 with all the fuel and turbo problems. Now I'm back.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:50 PM