Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Bank Account Liquidator

xmontex4 is a name known to allxmontex4 is a name known to allxmontex4 is a name known to allxmontex4 is a name known to allxmontex4 is a name known to allxmontex4 is a name known to all
matt.montecalvo ImMonte xmontex4 xmontex4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndStroke View Post
Hey Matt, im not sure what the brand is, ive never seen them anywhere other my dealer. I got them thrown in with the truck, sorry not much help here...lol
No worries, hey look like the RBP mud flaps but obviously they arn't because you got them from the dealer. might be one of those dealer specific things, my truck had these god aweful "mud flaps" that were places between the bed and bumper and they didnt stop crap and were held in by self tapping screws that ended up rusting (fixed the rust though).
07 Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4l 4x4Build Thread
10 Ford Focus 4 banger...too fuel efficient for me (belongs to the wifey)
Old 08-18-2014, 04:47 PM
Postmaster

Pitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud ofPitcrw6 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommySnake View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
Beautiful truck. I love the color and hips on it.
PAA#128 / Rob-(02 F350 Crewcab 4x4 Longbed 7.3L) Banks Power Pack System w/tri-pilar gauges, Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks Intercooler, Banks 1.0 housing, Banks WW Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/Dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, OCR, 6.0 Cooler,DP-Tuned Wifes-(02 Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L) Banks Power Elbow, Banks Turbo Back Exhaust, Banks 6 Gun Programmer, Zoo-dad, HPx, FRx, CCV, AFE 6637, Hutch & Harpoon w/dieselsite Fuel Filter, Trans, Oil, Coolant Bypass Filter, Billet Stat Housing, 6.0 Cooler
Old 08-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Lost in the class of AE

scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice ride man! Head lights are pretty sweet, are they bright? The bumper is what I want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtnike View Post

Scotty and the "Grinch" E99 Ford f-250 7.3 4X4, 6" lift all springs no blocks, 6637 intake kit, 4" exhaust turbo back, 6 gauges, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, Warn premium locking hubs, F-650 dash kit, HPx, 3 trumpet air chime train horn, and more.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM
Freshman User

Prof_Bob is starting off with a positive reputation.
goalwin goalwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnite1987 View Post
Yours looks pretty close to mine. With a 4.5" lift.

If you look at the front beams foe the axle back to the frame under the drivers floor you should see the original bolt the arms were held with and the one they're held with now measure the distance between the bolts. That's a good place to start on lift size.

Thanks very much, Midnite...!

I crawled under and did some measuring. As you suspected, I found the new and old bolts in the front are 4" apart, while the stacked blocks in the rear add up to 5".

Front suspension lift 4"

Rear suspension lift 5" - 2" and then another 3"

Not sure what the thoughts are of the crew here on the forum, but I've seen ads talking about it being ok to stack blocks and others saying it's illegal, so I need to figure out what is what.

Another interesting thing to me is that I continue to believe it looks like the front end of mine is higher than the rear (perhaps by an inch or more), but the measurements above don't seem to pan out to support what it looks like to me.

Thanks again for your help...!

2005 F-250 Lariat 4x4 V10, 4.5" Rough Country lift, 315/70/17 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S on Moto Metal wheels
pulling 2004 Four Winns 234 300HP V8 MPI
Old 08-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Lost in the class of AE

scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't think its illegal by any means, your just going to get axle wrap when you hit it.
Scotty and the "Grinch" E99 Ford f-250 7.3 4X4, 6" lift all springs no blocks, 6637 intake kit, 4" exhaust turbo back, 6 gauges, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, Warn premium locking hubs, F-650 dash kit, HPx, 3 trumpet air chime train horn, and more.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:18 PM
Freshman User

goalwin goalwin
Mark...

I love the monochromatic look of the new fender flares. I'd love to add them to mine, as well.

Was it expensive to get them painted to match...?

Bob

2005 F-250 Lariat 4x4 V10, 4.5" Rough Country lift, 315/70/17 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S on Moto Metal wheels
Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Freshman User

goalwin goalwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttahoe View Post
I don't think its illegal by any means, your just going to get axle wrap when you hit it.
Confirmed, Scott. Axle wrap has been an issue. Sounds like I have my next item to replace.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:28 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Bob View Post
Mark...

I love the monochromatic look of the new fender flares. I'd love to add them to mine, as well.

Was it expensive to get them painted to match...?

Bob
About the same as the flares, if you want it done right.
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 08-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Lost in the class of AE

Quote:
Confirmed, Scott. Axle wrap has been an issue. Sounds like I have my next item to replace.
Thats why in signature it says "6" lift all springs no blocks" . Not cheap but much better on handling.There is another option you can do is ladder bars that go from axle to frame. They say that is supposed to help but sorry I'm not familiar with them. Looking nice though
Old 08-18-2014, 09:37 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Just so you understand, axle wrap isn't caused by the blocks. It happens to all leaf sprung vehicles.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Lost in the class of AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Just so you understand, axle wrap isn't caused by the blocks. It happens to all leaf sprung vehicles.

Stewart
Not by stacked blocks??? I have a 6" lift and experience 0 axle wrap and I will get on it hard. I was always told that stack blocks is the main cause of axle wrap. Learn something new.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 AM
Freshman User

goalwin goalwin
Quote:

Stewart
Thanks, Stewart. Does stacking accentuate the axle wrap...?

Old 08-19-2014, 02:45 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Thanks, Stewart. Does stacking accentuate the axle wrap...?
The further you get from the axle, the more pronounced the wrap will be.

Stacked blocks are even worse since there can conceivably be enough force exerted on the blocks that the blocks push apart and blow out.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttahoe View Post
Not by stacked blocks??? I have a 6" lift and experience 0 axle wrap and I will get on it hard. I was always told that stack blocks is the main cause of axle wrap. Learn something new.
You still have it, but your springs are stiff enough to resist the rotational forces trying to twist the springs into an S shape, to the point you don't feel it.

I have One Up Offroad traction bar/lift block combination on my truck to eliminate any wrap that would be induced by the twisting motion of the axle housing as it reacts to the engine torque during acceleration or from braking force on deceleration.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 AM
Lost in the class of AE

Quote:
You still have it, but your springs are stiff enough to resist the rotational forces trying to twist the springs into an S shape, to the point you don't feel it.

I have One Up Offroad traction bar/lift block combination on my truck to eliminate any wrap that would be induced by the twisting motion of the axle housing as it reacts to the engine torque during acceleration or from braking force on deceleration.

Stewart
Ok, your explanations sounds dead on. Not necessarily Ford here but all vehicles with axle to leaf will do it your just going to notice it more with taller/added blocks. The leaf itself is where it all starts, correct? I mean you know your stuff hear and i'm not questing you but more on myself.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 AM