Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Posting Guru

elgemcdlf is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
'70 SWB Build

I have several threads on this truck so I am just going to post a few pics here with updates. I originally got the truck out of Jasper, GA. Drove the truck home. The extra money I spent driving down and back (roughly $550) was money well spent when balanced against structural bodywork that I see many doing. Here she is after "defarming". Big truck mirrors gone, step bumper gone, receiver hitch gone, pwr windows in, shaved handles (still working on getting those working dependably), tinted the windows, added the '67 grille (the '70 was in very rough shape) & added the peep mirrors. Truck came with a 302/auto, the chrome wheels on it in this pic & tilt wheel.

Click the image to open in full size.

Out with the old!

In with the new!

Against a stock '68 after the CV IFS install.

Let's chop up some perfectly good original 40 year old Ford fenders! Let's use the old damaged left fender as our layout ground.

Well let's take it to the good fenders now.

Hit them quick with a grinder (no bondo) and a coat of rattle can primer.

Let's add 1 1/2" drop springs up front and check it against that '68 again.

Well we've already hacked up the fenders so why not go ahead and get rid of the wipers?

Time to take out a couple leaves (had a 7 1/2" rake) to drop the tail and this is how she sits today.

Next on the list is installing an IRS. After that a 460/C6 combo.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:56 PM
Postmaster

fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.fordman75 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Cool truck!! That first pic reminds me of my old 72 F100 swb. But mine was bahama blue.

Looks like you are doing some good work. What IRS are you going with? T-bird, Mark VIII, Cobra or an aftermarket?

1954 F100 4x4, 300, NP435/NP205
Old 09-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Posting Guru

I have everything to do the IRS. '95 TBird with drum brakes. I bought the mount kit from truckirs.com. I will be replacing the bearings so I have matching bolt pattern front & rear. I may end up doing rear disc but have other things that I will do before that. Aftermarket sway bar, pig support, heavy duty axles.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:15 PM
Senior User

modularF100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very cool. Let me know how you make out with the IRS!
Want to join the Alabama chapter? CLICK HERE!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Freshman User

Big Blue 350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking good!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Posting Guru

I located everything I need to put te 460 in. $40 + shipping from NV to IN. I had a bad heart attack at the beginning of the year. They put a defibulator in my chest and now I can not be around any welding (elec type). Finding someone willing with the time to do my welding has proven to be rough. With the CV IFS the mounts from NV need to be modified along with welding for the IRS. No IRS this weekend unless something major changes.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman75 View Post
Cool truck!! That first pic reminds me of my old 72 F100 swb. But mine was bahama blue.

Looks like you are doing some good work. What IRS are you going with? T-bird, Mark VIII, Cobra or an aftermarket?

That is the only pic I have of the truck that is close to what it looked like when I got it. Wish I would have taken some before pics but no sense cryin over spilt milk. Ok close your eyes and imagine. No tint on the windows, door handles, step bumper, receiver hitch, the big mirrors that mount below the head on 3 legs, nose sat higher than the tail & the only usable piece of the grille was the right insert (with repair).
Old 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
bahama, blue, builds, extra, fenders, ford, swb, truck, turbo, twin, wide