6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

rev-x or hot shots..

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 06:27 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tex25025
If that's the case, then how come it hasn't worked in every situation with people using it? Based on that quote that you have.
IDK but you get your money back

Old 09-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
High Binder .. how much do you need? I was going to order again for a future change
I could stick it in a blackstone container and send your way

Old 09-18-2011, 06:42 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by High Binder
Anyone have any idea what's in HSS? I've never touched it/tested it. Based on the above I'm guessing some sort of heavy dose sulfonate? HDEO already has a higher than normal dose of detergents and dispersants due to it's inherently dirty nature (soot/etc...) so I wonder what/why HSS has in it as it doesn't make much sense to just add more 'pack' to an already high level 'pack' oil (maybe why it doesn't work???). Anybody have a few ounces they could send me?
About a year or so ago, we had Chris (something or other) and his salesman(supertruck60) on here and there was some heavy back and forth between Chris and beachbumcook. It might have gotten mentioned in those threads.

Stay away from the blue diamond threads though unless you want some entertainment.

Originally Posted by Zmann
IDK but you get your money back
Just for the bottle itself though. Just imagine the possible scenerios of leaving an injector issue without the proper fix and what that could do for the truck. There won't be a money back on that.

Old 09-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru

Just for the bottle itself though. Just imagine the possible scenerios of leaving an injector issue without the proper fix and what that could do for the truck. There won't be a money back on that.

I don't agree .. but not arguing
I had a slight stumble when I ordered my HSS but before I got it I had a second one fail and had to go to the dealer

it didn't hurt the truck to drive but you wouldn't want to drive it far .

so if u try the HSS or Rev-X for a stiction issue I don't see the problem if it doesn't work

your other choice is new injectors for thousands of $$ or at least 1 or 2 plus diagnostics for
what ?? $900

Man this site is slooooow

Old 09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
I don't agree .. but not arguing
I had a slight stumble when I ordered my HSS but before I got it I had a second one fail and had to go to the dealer

it didn't hurt the truck to drive but you wouldn't want to drive it far .
If you are running an injector at less then ideal efficiency, that will eventually hurt all the others. What would be one injector issue could easily turn into more injectors if you don't fix it.

so if u try the HSS or Rev-X for a stiction issue I don't see the problem if it doesn't work
Trying it...no, but the question is when do you stop trying it and use drastic measures and get it fixed because HSS or rev-x didn't fix the problem? That's my concern.

The fact that there are people that tried it and it didn't work and they had injectors that were still operating, contrary to the quote that you had that it would fix injectors even those that weren't operating.

That's a claim that even if true is one that shouldn't have been made just to cover their own butt incase for those statistics of one to where it nailed them.

Just like their high claims for the blue diamond engine oil.

your other choice is new injectors for thousands of $$ or at least 1 or 2 plus diagnostics for
what ?? $900
Depending on the case, you could actually rebuild them. It would just depend on the situation. That's a little bit of a false dilemma.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
As you Know you can't rebuild them yourself
you can only buy remans or aftermarket and they are all rebuild able unless physical damage has occurred

so I am not hearing what you recommend in this situation even though the OP 's? was what product was better ?

HSS No
rev-x No
replace injectors if they are down on contribution yes?

Last edited by Zmann; 09-18-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added Know to as you can't rebuild (deleted by accident originally)
Old 09-18-2011, 07:25 PM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
High Binder .. how much do you need? I was going to order again for a future change
I could stick it in a blackstone container and send your way
That would be awesome, I can't give you an actual print out like a Blackstone or the like because I would be using my company's proprietary tech but I can report back with findings. I need about 3 ounces. Some goes into a centrifuge (you would laugh if you knew how a lot aftermarket add packs are put together) and the rest gets an in-depth work over. I'll pm you my address, a Blackstone container or really anything or that sort will work.

HSS' info is pretty bland. They kind of 'kitchen sink' what they say is in there: http://www.hotshotsecret.com/Assets/...ech%20data.pdf

So not much to go off there. Should be interesting to see what it's really made from.

P.S. I didn't realize it's $50 for a two Qt bottle, that's $100/gallon!!

RevX is $1120/gallon LMFAO! <--considering what's in it that's a SICK margin and when you consider that almost 75% of it is just filler and pure mineral oil you can't help but laugh even harder. [128/4=32treaments/gal ($35)/treat= $1120/gal]

Old 09-18-2011, 07:29 PM
tex25025
Post Fiend
As you Know you can't rebuild them yourself
you can only buy remans or aftermarket and they are all rebuild able unless physical damage has occurred
All the "aftermarket injectors" that I have seen are rebuilt stock injectors.

so I am not hearing what you recommend in this situation even though the OP 's? was what product was better ?

HSS No
rev-x No
replace injectors if they are down on contribution yes?
I personally wouldn't use either one, but it is possible that if you got it soon enough and with mild enough conditions, you might be able to use one to fix it, but that would depend on the situation. The evidence doesn't support that they fix every single instance of stiction(because they have had people want refunds, even on this very board), even despite the claims that they may make. So I wouldn't waste too much time to see if enough was used to fix the problem.

But that's just me. I will also add this caveat, I'm not much on additives in general, so I do have that prejudice already in my mind.

Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 PM
High Binder
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About a year or so ago, we had Chris (something or other) and his salesman(supertruck60) on here and there was some heavy back and forth between Chris and beachbumcook. It might have gotten mentioned in those threads.

Stay away from the blue diamond threads though unless you want some entertainment..
Thanks tex, I'm looking for the thread as we speak.

RevX threads are becoming quite entertaining as well (probably my fault).

EDIT: tex here's the HSS thread you mentioned https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...ditive-11.html

Wow this guy 'Chris Gabe' apparent owner of HSS is an absolute lier on page 17 he says:

The additive we use in the HSS are not the same as those used in a motor oil. Blackstone is looking for traditional additives phosphorus, zinc, etc. Lubrizol and other additive companies blend those adds and test them, then they offer them to Exxon, Shell and others. They can chose ad pack 111xyz or 222yby etc depending on the base oil they are using and the price point they are trying to achive. We are not in that arena with this product. We are starting with base chemicals and building up.
This is absolutely false and I think he posted this as misdirection after on page 16 somebody called him out for HSS only showing Moly and nothing else in Blackstone reports. I'll know for sure when I get Zmanns sample but for now the existing Blackstone reports only show a little Moly and Chris Gabe has told a major lie. Oil analysis labs like Blackstone break down their reports to the elemental level so it wouldn't matter at what stage some chemical was added as Chris suggests it's all going to show up. It's sad that nobody called him out on this as it's so obviously a blatant lie and even a few posts later you get idiots just lapping it up and kowtowing to him despite the fact that he just lied to their faces.

More lies page 23:
Originally Posted by Chris Gabe
I have submitted paperwork to International asking for approval. They have all the testing and maybe they will give it a part #.

You don't just submit a product or paperwork to CAT, International, Deere, etc... First you spend your companies capital about $90,000 to have your additive tested THEN you can submit it to X,Y,Z company but they are just going to trashcan it anyway because they already have agreements with the major oil companies like Chevron/Shell/etc.. Think about it, why would a company like International spend their money and time testing your home-brew additive at considerable cost that they don't need in the first place and if they felt as though they needed one they would have Chevron/Shell/etc. make one for them that is tested and is backed by a major company than sold through Ford... Now lets just say you wanted your product to be approved for use through CAT, International, Deere, etc. they don't do this on a whim, it has to be tested (my area) and the company wanting this approval has to pay for said testing, about $90,000 then there is all kinds of licensing agreements and mountains of other BS.

Here's another: http://www.powerstrokenation.com/for...t=50272&page=2

Old 09-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
there are actual aftermarket injectors out there so be wary

I have some local contacts with HSS I will see if they can be of assistance in our sample
they also state they did a Blackstone and I think I ran one also with it in mine
I will have to check

Old 09-18-2011, 07:41 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by High Binder

RevX threads are becoming quite entertaining as well
I guess that depends upon what one's idea of entertainment is

Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Tex I hear ya on snake oil

This is my only exception well this and Diesel Kleen

Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Zmann
Posting Guru
Here is one aftermarket injector for example (not saying they are bad or endorsing // not to mention all the bogus cores floating around that are none functional

Industrial Injection "New" 6.0L Powerstroke Injectors

Old 09-18-2011, 10:45 PM
F250BlackChrome
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BPofMD
The heck with either one...I used Sea Foam only once....that did the trick for me! And a WHOLE lot cheaper!!!
I've tried both Rev-X and HSS and use 5W-40, neither have worked for me. I have a hesitation when the weather turns colder like it has now.
It appears I have one injector that is a little sticky. I have a stumble that lasts only for a few seconds when I go to take off the first time in the morning. Then my truck runs fine.

I had wondered about Sea Foam.
Please tell us how much Sea Foam you used, how long you left it in, and what your truck was doing before the sea foam treatment.

Please give us some more details about what worked for you.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Mine was "missing" while pulling the 5th wheel just before the peaks of the hills between MD and NY going up I-81 in PA. Didn't matter if I was in or out od Tow/Haul. If I did pull it down into a lower gear, it would stop tho.

I bought 3 cans. Waited until about 100 miles before I was going to do an oil change and pulled the upper fuel filter and sucked all the fuel from the bowl. Stuck the filter back in and filled the bowl with the SeaFoam. Poured the rest of that can and 1/2 of the 2nd into the fuel tank (which was full).

Poured the rest (one and 1/2 cans) into the oil filler on the engine and drove it about 100 miles and changed the oil. By the time I had gone thru that tank of diesel it must have "cleaned" the injectors 'cause it quit "missing" when I pulled the trailer the next time! The "miss" I was experiencing felt exactly like a gas engine missing caused by a bad plug.

It's been over a year now and I did feel that once since then. Same thing - was towing RV in the mountains- I always use Power Service (grey in summer) but had NOT put it in on that tank of fuel. I put it in next tank and all was well again.

Quick Reply: rev-x or hot shots..