Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Senior User

mountie is starting off with a positive reputation.
AFE Dry Air Filter Horror Story

I had an 08 F350 6.4 Diesel which I bought new. I had installed a Pro Dry air filter from AFE in it. I sold the truck with 26 thousand kilometers on it. The new owner who I happen to be talking to today advised me that he drove the truck for another 40,000 kilometers and the engine blew. He took it to Ford and they said the engine was dusted and it was caused by the aftermarket filter. He called AFE and they claimed he didn't clean the filter which he told me he had done twice. AFE said it's not their fault and Ford is denying warranty so he had to pay over $12000 to have a new engine put in the truck. He promptly traded the truck on a Chevy Diesel. He is extremely pissed at AFE. He said the filter warning device hadn't even moved.

That was my first Dry filter. I've had two previous oil based systems from AFE and encountered no problems. As a matter of fact they worked great. My last truck had a high performance filter system from Air Raid as well. I just sold it with 223 K on it. Now I just bought a completely stock low mileage 07 F350 Diesel and am thinking twice about putting in an aftermarket filter system. I'm gonna put a 4 inch exhaust on it. But am really nervous now about the aftermarket filters. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
2007 f350 crewcab shortbox lariat diesel.Bed Extender, Newer Tailgate with Camera and Step, Airaid intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Superchips Cortex Tuner. Retrax Roll Top Cover.Sinister Diesel Coolant bypass filter. Upfitter Switch Kit. 12000lb Warn Winch and 2 150 watt KC Daylighters. Blue Spring Fuel Upgrade, 200Amp Alternator.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:42 PM
New User

SALVAGE is starting off with a positive reputation.
AFTERMARKET AIR FILTERS DO NOT FILTER FINE DUST OUT OF THE AIR. IF YOU DRIVE IN THE DIRT LEAVE THE STOCK FILTER ON. I PUT THE STOCK FILTER ON TO GO HUNTING AND THE AFTERMARKET ON ALL WEEK TO GO TO WORK. HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Posting Guru

rikard is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In or out of warranty I always use Motorcraft air and oil filters
regards
rikard
Nelly Belle 1995 Black F150 4x2 SC XLT 300 5 Spd 250k miles
Old 10-28-2012, 12:27 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air

Tags
2003, 2010, afe, air, dimensions, dry, escape, f250, filter, filters, ford, hybrid, oil, taurus, test, truck