S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Prius Drivers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prius Drivers...

if you socal guys ever see this dood driving a silver prius with pink polka dots in the rear window....please do me a favor and and throw SIZE D batteries at his windshield...

i swore he saw my big ole SUV in the number 3 lane (405 southbound to HB) but yet decided to cut me off at the last moment! i almost ran that lil car over. my friends where white as a ghost because it was i was soo close to literally BIG FOOTING over his rear end.......sigh to top it off just found out my Horn dont work lol..

Old 09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Sterling Archer
Elder User

I'm going to going out on a limb and guess that a Silver Prius with pink polka dots is about as common in your area as a lifted F-150 is in mine.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Originally Posted by Sterling Archer
I'm going to going out on a limb and guess that a Silver Prius with pink polka dots is about as common in your area as a lifted F-150 is in mine.
the Polka Dots not as much unless your in the vicinity of Belmont Shore area (known for the alternative lifestyle folks)

but the Prius part...its like a per-requisite if you wanted to be the Socal D**chebag (which we have plenty off here)

Old 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,595 Likes on 1,300 Posts
Yea, the moving over ahead of a faster vehicle isn't Prius-specific, but the last one that did that to me was a Prius. She had no reason to move left. She had clear road ahead, but just moved on over at about 50 mph. Lights and horn moved her back. Then she just went right over and parked there after I passed.

There are enough Pri-i out there now that I did see Mr. Go Slow MPG Prius get run up on, flashed, tailgated etc, by Mr. Go Fast and still get MPG Prius the other day. It was a wonderful sight.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't understand why, but it seems like a lot of folks lose their self-preservation instinct when driving a small car. Ya never seem to get cut off by the land-yachts...its always the little gnat cars that are pulling in front of ya.

Dee, if I see that thing the first thing I'm gonna do is get a picture of it. Hopefully it won't be a close-up.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Going a step further about the Prius DB's, I find it amazing how they decide to hypermile in the fast lane when there are other lanes clear and available. Then, as I start to come up from behind to pass, they hold tight as I go through my 4 stages of request to move over(headlights, highbeams, horns, finger). Save the world in the slow lane azzhat!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:49 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by william_04_x
Going a step further about the Prius DB's, I find it amazing how they decide to hypermile in the fast lane when there are other lanes clear and available. Then, as I start to come up from behind to pass, they hold tight as I go through my 4 stages of request to move over(headlights, highbeams, horns, finger). Save the world in the slow lane azzhat!
I swear I saw that guy yesterday morning Southbound I-15 around the Valley Of Fire exit...I went straight to #4

Old 09-14-2011, 07:41 PM
Jetcopterpilot
Posting Guru
Prius aka Pious! all are previous Mercedes or Lexus owners who are just doing their part for the environment... such as driving cars that get way less mileage than advertised, that use enough batteries in them to create a whole new world of issues environmentally, creating traffic jams because they insist that they are just as fast as Petroleum cars. Mostly though they bought them thinking they would get to cruise the carpool lanes, well that deal went sour huh? I say paint them all pink, and let teenage girls drive them! I sure would love to have an EMP device that would render their electronics useless...

Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Daz00Excursion
if you socal guys ever see this dood driving a silver prius with pink polka dots in the rear window....please do me a favor and and throw SIZE D batteries at his windshield...

i swore he saw my big ole SUV in the number 3 lane (405 southbound to HB) but yet decided to cut me off at the last moment! i almost ran that lil car over. my friends where white as a ghost because it was i was soo close to literally BIG FOOTING over his rear end.......sigh to top it off just found out my Horn dont work lol..
I only carry size C, but I'll pick up a few D size just in case I see the prius.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Originally Posted by SteveBricks
I don't understand why, but it seems like a lot of folks lose their self-preservation instinct when driving a small car. Ya never seem to get cut off by the land-yachts...its always the little gnat cars that are pulling in front of ya.

Dee, if I see that thing the first thing I'm gonna do is get a picture of it. Hopefully it won't be a close-up.
lol i think its time for some train horns

Old 09-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

So after Watching that Fat Lady yell at the Member on here for having a good ole AMERICAN DETROIT DIESEL....found this on the web on the web.
You would do better in a Hummer. Manufacturing the Toyota Prius involves a shocking amount of pollution. A plant in Ontario, dubbed the "Superstack," mines and smelts the nickel for the Prius' battery, each of which then travels to Europe, China, Japan and the United States. How many Prius miles would it take to offset those trips? Canadian Greenpeace energy coordinator David Martin says the vast amounts of sulfur dioxide released over northern Ontario cause acid rain, which in turn destroys plants in the area, resulting in mudslides. In fact, the surrounding environment is so damaged that NASA uses the "dead zone" for testing moon rovers.

Now for the bad news: The Prius' EPA mileage estimates have dropped for 2008 by 25 percent due to modified standards. The hybrid now averages a puny 45-mpg---not much better than cars at half the price. The Prius also costs more to operate and has a shorter life span than a Hummer, probably the most hated of all vehicles among environmentalist wackos. The Prius has a life expectancy of only 100,000 miles, and it costs an average of $3.25 per mile to operate. By contrast, the Hummer costs $1.95 per mile for a 300,000-mile lifetime.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:23 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 931 Likes on 679 Posts
Just catching up on this one. D cell trajectories, Pious cars, moon rovers, EMP's, pri-i bandits. I'm laughing out loud on the plane and wiping tears. Thx guys.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 PM
turbohunter
Postmaster
I can't comment because the only thing I have to say about those vermin might get me banned from FTE.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets

Old 09-27-2011, 06:30 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Is that a CARB# down in the corner?

Quick Reply: Prius Drivers...