Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Posting Guru

arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
OT BUT IN NYC

I took a wrong turn somewere and i'm in NYC. Yes its true i 'm in NYC came up to see a old navy buddy and he is taking me into the heart of the city 2mor. Already folks are like WHAT DID HE SAY ? Get a load at the way this guy talks. LOL Going to have me some fun with these NEW YORKERS . PICS. to come !!!! WISH ME LUCK !!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Cool!
I'll be going next year. My cousin is building the memorial at Ground Zero so I'll go out for the opening. It will be my first time

enjoy your stay
Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 09-14-2011, 12:15 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Look out, you yankees, Dale's kickin azz and taking names!Hide yer wimin and trucks!
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
Two places I won't ever go again - New York City and France - Had to when I was in the USAF - Never again.
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 09-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
Drove down to Long Island, NY, a couple of years ago to pick up a hardtop for my Jeep. Had to go through the middle of NYC. That's a trip I would rather not make again. Good luck!

1949 F-1
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM
Post Fiend

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
new york city i wouldna go back too to save my life !!!!!!!!! on the other hand with an "accent" such as yours and driving a "foreign" to them old truck the women will think your a foreign tourist and love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
I've never been to NY city, drove through Buffalo many years ago on the express way. I've had the misfortune of having to drive through Chicago many times. There is now way to go east from here without having to through the Chicago/Gary IN area. I consider this area the armpit of the country. Sorry flatlanders but it's a horrid place. How does NY city compare to Chi town?
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
I bet you can still kick some Yankee a$$ with only one leg.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
I bet you can still kick some Yankee a$$ with only one leg.
Just don't try it standing up!

1949 F-1
Old 09-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Posting Guru

rhopper has a good reputation on FTE.rhopper has a good reputation on FTE.
Just play the whole crocidile dundee angle and you'll be ok. Watch out for the gal with the deep voice. Remember, NYC must be the friendliest city in the world, 7 million people all wanting to live together.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I went one year-kind of. I went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. That was as close as I wanted to get. Have fun!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Posting Guru

Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Is this like Jed Clampett moving to Beverly Hills?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Posting Guru

Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rojak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hey Bob as you know I'm more of a Central IL farmer wanna-be type but I did live in Chicago for a year many years ago. I was very happy to return home but I do like to visit Chicago once in awhile. It is a cool city if you do some exploring and figure out ways to get around. You just have to be careful and not let this happen to you...
Old 09-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Elder User

ZOOT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.ZOOT is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
NYC

Sorry to disagree with you folks, but I grew up in Connecticut about 50 miles outside NYC. Can't count how many times I've been there. Have many fond memories. It's not as bad as you think. People are very friendly, you just have to get their attention as everyone is rushing and in the middle of something. But have your guard up, don't carry your wallet in your back pocket, I'm not kidding. It's the only place I ever been to where the buildings are so high and there are so many that you really feel like you're inside when you're outside. It's just like one big circus, enjoy the view.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.arrowheadfred has a good reputation on FTE.
i'll be home sunday and post some pics. for ya guys. New York New York THE BIG CITY OF DREAMS !!! EVERYTHING IN New York ain't always what it SEEMS !!! lol lol lol
Old 09-15-2011, 10:48 PM