Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Posting Guru

Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ccv mod causing dipstick tube leak?

Did the ccv mod and my dipstick tube leaks bad, never leaked a drop before. Put the ccv back to factory and dipstick stops leaking,two days now and not a drop. Too much blow by? Anyone have this problem? What could be the problem? Thanks for the help as always!
7.3, 4R100, 4x4, CC, SB, 4"lift, 315/75/16, AIS, GTP38R, Turbonetics outlet, 4" MBRP, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Hydra w Power-Struck & Gearhead tuning, Swamps HI V/F IDM, IH bellows, Plenum inserts, Ic boots, OCR, HPx, FRx, Hutch/Harpoon, Racor heated prepump filter, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines to heads, Isspro gages, ELC, BTS vb, 6.0 cooler, Melling LPOP, DIY traction bars, AE, all work done by ME and FTE!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Postmaster

bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.
Could be that the ccv in the intake causes a vacuum or at least less pressure in the bottom end and doesn't let the leak show. But If it is leaking it's only time before it starts leaking all the time!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
Make sure there is NO restriction in your CCV mod. It needs to be wide open!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Posting Guru

Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.Crewcab Turbo has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would like to try making a 3" canister out of PVC and putting filter material in it and routing it back to the original spot on the intake to see if that works better.
7.3, 4R100, 4x4, CC, SB, 4"lift, 315/75/16, AIS, GTP38R, Turbonetics outlet, 4" MBRP, Swamps 200/30 Hybrids, Hydra w Power-Struck & Gearhead tuning, Swamps HI V/F IDM, IH bellows, Plenum inserts, Ic boots, OCR, HPx, FRx, Hutch/Harpoon, Racor heated prepump filter, Bosch pump, DIY 3/8 fuel lines to heads, Isspro gages, ELC, BTS vb, 6.0 cooler, Melling LPOP, DIY traction bars, AE, all work done by ME and FTE!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Senior User

Justin03PSD is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewcab Turbo View Post
I would like to try making a 3" canister out of PVC and putting filter material in it and routing it back to the original spot on the intake to see if that works better.
A catch can is a great idea.

I like having suction on the crankcase compared with letting the pressure build up to push it out a CCV to atmosphere.

Zoodad - 6637 covered by Pete - RiffRaff AIH delete, boots, and plenum inserts - Magnaflow #17979 4" exhaust - DP Tuner F5 chip 40T, 80E, 120R - Autometer #3804 boost and #3845 EGT gauges - EBPV delete - USA ported shroud compressor housing - Garrett high flow outlet - Warn 11690 hubs
Old 09-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Posting Guru

hotroddsl has a very good reputation on FTE.hotroddsl has a very good reputation on FTE.hotroddsl has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Make sure there is NO restriction in your CCV mod. It needs to be wide open!
X2 X3 X4 any restriction will let pressure build up in the crankcase!
Jim & fat Monty
"I'm Jim and I'm a modaholic"PAA#111 '02 CC lariat, 4x4 6" 37x12.5 70R17 BAJA TA's, JW trans, 7.3, AFE intake, blade runner, AFE 5" exh., GTP38R non-wastegated, Beans stage II, Mahle ceramics, crower rods, 6.0 spearco CAC, Adrenaline HPOP, ceramic manifolds, TS Performance by BDP and yes, it's FAST!;'07 4x4 DRW CC Lariat moonroof & leather, 6", 6.0L PSD, 4" AFE, CAC & high ram, tuning by spartan, '07 Warrior 39 CR. '98 &'99 Expey's, custom rack by Dr. Fam
Old 09-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Postmaster

cleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant futurecleatus12r has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulla View Post
Could be that the ccv in the intake causes a vacuum or at least less pressure in the bottom end and doesn't let the leak show.
DING! DING! DING!

We have a WINNNNAAAAAHHHHHH!

Low pressure crankcase ventilation systems are the cat's meow. It's the only good EPA-mandated emission control system that actually has a purpose and helps.

Would you disable the PCV system on your gasoline-powered car? I didn't think so.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Postmaster

CSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to beholdCSIPSD is a splendid one to behold
500k with an open CCV without one issue...

IH versions are open CCV...

The issue is not an open CCV, its with people having restrictions in the CCV.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Posting Guru

How long of a hose is ok? Mine I have running back to above the rear axle cus I hate the smell.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Posting Guru

hotroddsl has a very good reputation on FTE.hotroddsl has a very good reputation on FTE.hotroddsl has a very good reputation on FTE.
I leave mine in place as I would rather have negative or close to it pressure it the cranckcase as I believe this Leads to a lower ash content in my oil over time however I have no data to prove it just a gut feeling based on a common sense approach to less blowby smoke to interact with oil surface will lead to less oil contamination! I could be entirely full of s..t on this but it just seems right to me.
Jim & fat Monty
"I'm Jim and I'm a modaholic"PAA#111 '02 CC lariat, 4x4 6" 37x12.5 70R17 BAJA TA's, JW trans, 7.3, AFE intake, blade runner, AFE 5" exh., GTP38R non-wastegated, Beans stage II, Mahle ceramics, crower rods, 6.0 spearco CAC, Adrenaline HPOP, ceramic manifolds, TS Performance by BDP and yes, it's FAST!;'07 4x4 DRW CC Lariat moonroof & leather, 6", 6.0L PSD, 4" AFE, CAC & high ram, tuning by spartan, '07 Warrior 39 CR. '98 &'99 Expey's, custom rack by Dr. Fam
Old 09-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Postmaster

bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.bulla has a very good reputation on FTE.
International manufactured the motor and originally vented it to atmosphere. Ford changed it to clean it up a bit. As always this is a debate but either way is probably just fine! By the way your not the only one with the hose ran all the way to the back of the truck. With being routed into the intake I wouldn't think it would puff when the fill cap is removed, but more less just gives it a contained area to go to.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Postmaster

Either way you should probably look into changing the o ring on the dipstick fitting thing a ma jig!
Old 09-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Support FTE

PaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputationPaysonPSD has a superb reputation
I got a leak at the dipstick tube right after doing the CCV mod. I found out it was the dipstick tube o-ring (not the flange o-ring in the pan). Pulled the dipstick tube out of the flange and the o-ring was gone. Replaced o-ring and have had no leak going on 3 years.

Dipstick Tube O-ring at Dieselorings
Old 09-10-2011, 10:04 PM
wellhead

gradyc is starting off with a positive reputation.
Crewcab, I purchased a catch can at Tractor supply, around 10 bucks. Works great.
My hose only runs to the back of my cab.

I know a lot of you keep saying the the CCV has a very obnoxious odor. With my truck I don't find that to be the case. I had changed to Rotella Syn. before I did the CCv mod. Not sure if this has any effect on the odor.
Mods - zoodad-Isspro EV2 gauges,boost,pyro, tranny-6637 with cover-in tank mod-gpr led-AIH delete--CCV mod- four bit mod-2" front levelling blocks-6.0 IC and tranny cooler-RiffRaff plenium inserts & IC boots-DP Tuner-Bilstein 5100's.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Posting Guru

joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crewcab Turbo View Post
How long of a hose is ok? Mine I have running back to above the rear axle cus I hate the smell.
I dont think the length matters...you can not have any high spots because oil will build up and cause problems in the low spot.....I actually ran a piece of PVC tubing inside of my frame and dump just behind the back door.....
2003 F250 LARIAT 7.3PSD,RHN Member,Fresh Forged Rod Motor,BTS trans,6.0 Trans cooler,DP F6 LIVE TUNED ,FF 300/200 Hybrid injectors,Snow Tow Max water/meth,Hi V/F IDM,BW S468 Turbo w/T4 mount,Terminator DUAL HPOP,AFE Stage 2 XP Pro 5R Intake,ISSPRO ev2 Guages,AirDog 150 w/sump,Walbro fuel pump,SD Regulated Return,XRF front end,Red Head steering box,4.56 Yukon gears,6" BDS lift,37" Toyo tires,Armed with Infinity,& on&on&on
Old 09-10-2011, 10:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2000, 64, 73l, aftermarket, ccv, enthusiasts, f250, ford, fr, great, hose, lights, mod, shemale, truck, tubes