Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Senior User

McFarlandkm is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Pacman, thank you for the response. More bad info from an under trained service department put to rest. Sorry for your troubles and glad the dealer is hooking you up!
Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Freshman User

onwardthruthefog is starting off with a positive reputation.
CEL/Stop Safely Now

Mine did this last night at 70 mph in traffic on the beltway. Taking it to the dealer this afternoon. Lost power but not a complete shut down. I was able to get off the Frwy and power came back. Stopped checked everything and drove 30 miles home. Performed as normal. 88k + with no problems but this. I'll post the dealers diagnosis as soon as possible.
UPDATE: called dealer yesterday the seemed to think not too serious but said to bring it in. check engine light went off at lunch so I took it to auto parts after work to get code read. Code was "diesel particulate filter overtemp" and was in there twice. I'm going to hold off on the dealer and see if it happens again. I'm sure they will say they have to replace the sensor or all of them.
UPDATE 2: Was planning on dropping off at the dealer tonight but minutes after my remote start at home this morning the engine died with the SSN message. Let it sit and it started up and repeated same.Ford motorist assistance towed it for free but the dealer wants to replace all 4 sensors for $750. and says the labor is the same for 1 or 4. The sensors are $54.30 each so not sure why labor is so high. I found that there is a recall on some units built the same year/plant as mine but my vin# is not one of them. Called Ford customer service and they said they may do a payment assist and gave me a case #. We will see how all this shakes out.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 AM