Country Fried Fords in Bastrop

Fire on KC pictures by woudieintx - Photobucket

First five pics of burnt vehicles are my neighbors

Old 09-07-2011, 03:01 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang - I feel for them !!!

If this is not a natural disaster (more so than the little spitting hurricane up the east coast !) I'm not sure what is....

I heard 250 firefighters fighting one fire....

I'm like why not an ARMY of em, and 100 planes, and 100 helicopters !?!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woody we (Kim and I ) were concerned for you two. Thats not your stuff is it??? You guys okay?

Old 09-10-2011, 02:40 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Old 09-10-2011, 03:03 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Old 09-10-2011, 04:22 PM
grapplermi
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that makes me want to throw up. Prayers are with you guys. I got people over near there, better give a call.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:57 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Again woody, I'm sorry to hear/see this. I hope insurance will do you right on the house. Like I have said if you need any help with clean up let me know the wife and I will make a trip. Heck, if you want I will send out a mass pm to the chapter and we can have a G2G/clean up

Old 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by texans
Again woody, I'm sorry to hear/see this. I hope insurance will do you right on the house. Like I have said if you need any help with clean up let me know the wife and I will make a trip. Heck, if you want I will send out a mass pm to the chapter and we can have a G2G/clean up

COUNT ME IN

Old 09-12-2011, 07:14 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
You know, a homeowners policy will typically cover additional living expenses (hotel) while the house is being rebuilt from a covered peril. Some are open to alternatives, like buying an RV and allowing you to keep it and live on your place instead of forking over hotel money. After the house is rebuilt, you get to keep the trailer.

You just need to do the math on what the hotel and covered expenses would cost based on the rebuild time estimate and come up with a reasonable value for a trailer.

There's plenty of Ford trucks around here that would tow it out there for you if needed.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Posting Guru
Damn still dryer then crap !, I have not got a good rain in Cedar Park sence march this year !!!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:22 AM
knash0727
Elder User
Count me in I will be there to help as much as I can

Old 10-03-2011, 05:45 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Anybody hear from John yet? I lost his number when I upgraded phones

Old 10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Hey Guys! I'm still around just been real busy trying to rebuild my life from scratch. For about a week I felt like a teenager again because almost everything I owned fit in my car. All things considered my wife and I are doing good and all are pets are back where they belong. Us on the otherhand are bouncing from place to place until our renters move out of our other house. It feels good seeing all your concerns for us and I'm very appreciative. Unfortunantly most of my stuff is either ash, puddles of soft metal or warped beyound usefulness. That fire got so hot it melted anything glass too. I had good insurance and I'm already weighing my options for my "MAN CAVE" . Life sucks right now but with time, should turn around.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:11 PM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
So gald you checked back in.

Originally Posted by itsnotanova
Hey Guys! I'm still around just been real busy trying to rebuild my life from scratch. For about a week I felt like a teenager again because almost everything I owned fit in my car. All things considered my wife and I are doing good and all are pets are back where they belong. Us on the otherhand are bouncing from place to place until our renters move out of our other house. It feels good seeing all your concerns for us and I'm very appreciative. Unfortunantly most of my stuff is either ash, puddles of soft metal or warped beyound usefulness. That fire got so hot it melted anything glass too. I had good insurance and I'm already weighing my options for my "MAN CAVE" . Life sucks right now but with time, should turn around.
GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU JOHN
You need a hand we can scratch up some GTG Tex members to show up. There

So I take it that all you have left is the porche and the truck. We feel for you guys.

I see you are doing some clearing. Horses good?

Let us know?

Old 10-06-2011, 06:51 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
My wife made sure the horses got out. I got out with her car the first time and drove through fire doing it. My friend got me in using his patrol truck about an hour before my house went up. Grabbed as many clothes and paperwork i could pack in my accord and got out as quick as I could. Sure wished I had grabbed other thing too, but its funny how everyone got tunnel vision deciding what to grab. Another good friend of mine grabbed his coffee and sugar but left all his guns/rifles that were worth thousands. One thing I'm glad I did was moved the porsche before I left. Not sure if it would have made it anywhere else. The paint and windshield bubbled from the heat. I did loose three trucks though. On a good note, I think the engines, trannys and axles are salvageable. So my plan is to find something to put them in and I think I found it. 67 F100. Now I just need my garage built.

Quick Reply: Country Fried Fords in Bastrop