I had those "Gabriel Hyjackers" on my old 65 Mustang ( man I miss that car! ) . I raised some hell with that thing! I autographed plenty of intersections with my rear tires. That is until I snapped my transmission slip yoke into two pieces.
I haven't done a thing on my 54 in a long time. I've just been planning out my engine build and my little cab modification.
*If you think this thread is cool - rate it.
Good - bad, whatever....
I spun up the oil pressure in the 351W with a 5/16ths deepwell on a quarter drive extension , and using a drill. It almost fried my old B/D standby drill...
So I tried it by hand:
1) The oil pressure is solid, no binding as if stuff was broke
2) It seems to take a long time for the pressure to bleed down once it's run up
3) Main reason is to get a lubrication blanket everywhere before the engine is turned at all
4) Secondary purpose is to flush any condensation - but it was stored high up in a loft
It looks like it has a modded original strib - but THAT needs a closer look on the build thread.
THIS is the base color I chose - Kandy apple Cobalt Blue
Specifically: (pt#) HOK000538
You know my manic method by now - first I look to see if we have an FTE sponsor that supplies what I'm looking for, there are often discounts.
THEN I look outside of the box...
If I find a HIT; I track it to the source. Never deal with middle retailers, all that does is dilute your cashflow.
*I passed them on as a sponsor suggest - we really need a supplier/sponsor like this! RAW MATERIALS and bitchen ideas.....