2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My truck first car show

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck first car show

I enter my truck in it first car show but was rain shorten this weekend. but it looked pretty cool with all the classiscs rides. I enter it as a tribute to my Dad.

A couple of Mustangs to keep hands off..

Old 09-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Ok Guys I'm looking for some cheap tricks or Hop-Upsto have my F-150 seem a bit cooler. I've only had her now for 2 weeks so don't throw allot at me, LOL!
I'm hoping to do 2 or 3 more shows before the Winter maybe 4 more. I do have plans for Stripes for the Spring, but everything else will be gradually.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:41 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no offense, the truck is clean and as an owner of one i appreciate that,but i think you are going to have to throw a lot of money at it in order to "show" it. the truck is stock and they are everywhere.
so that being said, lets spend your money: lift kit and mud tires,exhaust, supercharger,programmer,bumpers and off-road lights, and chrome. you can always have shiny chrome/stainless at a car show.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Originally Posted by danorules
no offense, the truck is clean and as an owner of one i appreciate that,but i think you are going to have to throw a lot of money at it in order to "show" it. the truck is stock and they are everywhere.
so that being said, lets spend your money: lift kit and mud tires,exhaust, supercharger,programmer,bumpers and off-road lights, and chrome. you can always have shiny chrome/stainless at a car show.

Ouch!! I felt that from here.. Yeah you're right, as I said it will be gradual with the improvements. First thing will be the Stripes, then a dual exhaust kit. Will look into rims next season when I go with new tires, don't like to waste what's new now..

Old 09-07-2011, 09:36 AM
MCDavis
Hotshot
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Might look into paint matching some interior panels to match the green of the truck...like the grey dash panels, leaving the black plastic alone. Dano was a little rough on ya, but he's right, there are hundreds of thousands of nice stock trucks out there. Personally, I hate racing stripes on trucks (assuming you mean dual stripes down the center of the truck) but hey it's your $$$ to spend.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Coskid
Postmaster
I am going to assume that the airplane models you have scattered across the truck are a tribute to your father. If that is the case then lets try to find some mods that can be added to the truck to give it a more aviator feel to it. Instead of stripes down the middle run one or two down the side to break up the color some. Do what Chandler suggested and paint some of the interior panels to match the colors. Maybe look into some interior upgrades to the gauges and other things that can be more aviator like. Then of course the exhaust, wheels, and tire. I am not so sure I would say lift the truck. Maybe for you lowering it would be better and also change out the soft cover on the back a paint matched hard cover.

Some engine bling wouldn't hurt either so maybe a CAI or Trueflow intake system and then paint some of the engine parts to match the stripes or the green.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:41 PM
danorules
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Thunder31
Ouch!! I felt that from here..
Dano was a little rough on ya
i appologize, that was not my intention at all. i was just trying to get my thought out there. if i go to a car show i am drawn to the stuff that is "different" ie:hot rods, monster trucks, tuners (sometimes...and im not proud of it), rat rods, customs, and just rare finds. so with that in mind, i was recommending that you make the truck stand out from the crowd.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Originally Posted by danorules
i appologize, that was not my intention at all. i was just trying to get my thought out there. if i go to a car show i am drawn to the stuff that is "different" ie:hot rods, monster trucks, tuners (sometimes...and im not proud of it), rat rods, customs, and just rare finds. so with that in mind, i was recommending that you make the truck stand out from the crowd.

No prob, I truly understand where you're coming from. The Truck originally was my Fathers after he passed away last April it was Willed to me. The 8th scale Model Mustangs are a hobby of mine. It's something I tried to be a bit created with it. At this point I hate to change much since it was my Dads to begin with but by next Spring I my change my Mind. For now I like to keep it close what it was when he had it. He did expressed to me he liked my Racing stripes like I had on my Dodge Stratus which I showed for 2 yrs and picked up 15 trophy's with it including best of show. It was stock, just had some Vinyl stripeing to it and put sruff with it and got awards for being created I guess. I liked the idea about changing the interior colors on the dash and door to match the out side. Gotta wait a bit for the tires and rims, intil I have some good cash flow.. I do apprecite every's ideas, it helps me out allot and gives me options, so not to worry about hurting my feelings, I need to know what the Truck world is all about, keep them coming.

Thanks Guys!!!

Old 09-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Talking First Trophy!

UPDATE

Well did another Local car show this past weekend and finally placed and won the truck's first trophy. Was excited and proud to accept it in Honor of my Dad. Kept it clean with a little creativity to catch an eye or two. Next spring I've decided to have double exhausted installed along with a Flowmaster muffler, something my Dad wanted when he first got it, and then will go from there. A little at a time.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 AM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,288 Likes on 1,089 Posts
I absolutely love that Green!

I'm going another directrion on suggestions though! Jacked up 4x4s are plentiful enough and it ain't like you'll display it like it's just finished a bogg tour.

How about lowering it a few short inches like with 2WD frt shocks and rear shocks and eliminate the block at rear and get some 2" lowering shackles. Then when you are looking at wheels (as you will inevitably do) .... go with some low profile tires that are same diameter so the wheel well stays full, like 275/55-20 (maybe 305/50-20s will fit?).

Then there's those stripes you want. The Mustangs .... was your dad a pilot? Maybe a second tailgate painted with 5 wide invasion stripes to put on at shows ...
... or maybe a "Mustang Theme" Mural on the tailgate? Mustangs dropping wing tanks and first one peeling over? Maybe a Mustang chasing a FW-190 or BF109 across French fields .... easy to blend into that green? Then maybe a very small Mustang in different attitudes .... somewhere on each side once or twice (like maybe once behind each rear door window on widest part of pillar? ) and then one or two small ones on the hood someplace .... just to add interest and tie it together and give folks something to "look for"? Every Mustang has to be a "different bird" .... use some from old pictures for each. Be sure to include Chuck Yeager's someplace.

Exhaust .... starting with your idea, but at the rear split each side so you have 4 tips about 2-1/2" each with a nice chrome rolled edge angle cut tip?

Maybe a look at the local flea markets and antique shops turns up a WWII era leather helmet and a few items to lay up on the dash in that big square recess?

To find possible painters, check your nearest GWRRA chapter as those Gold Wing Riders know where they are .... or pay attention to the locally based "Large Cars" (tractor trailers) with the custom artwork or visit your local truck stop and look at the bulletin board, those guys are always looking for small jobs and many are not all that costly.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Originally Posted by tbear853
I absolutely love that Green!

I'm going another directrion on suggestions though! Jacked up 4x4s are plentiful enough and it ain't like you'll display it like it's just finished a bogg tour.

How about lowering it a few short inches like with 2WD frt shocks and rear shocks and eliminate the block at rear and get some 2" lowering shackles. Then when you are looking at wheels (as you will inevitably do) .... go with some low profile tires that are same diameter so the wheel well stays full, like 275/55-20 (maybe 305/50-20s will fit?).

Then there's those stripes you want. The Mustangs .... was your dad a pilot? Maybe a second tailgate painted with 5 wide invasion stripes to put on at shows ...
... or maybe a "Mustang Theme" Mural on the tailgate? Mustangs dropping wing tanks and first one peeling over? Maybe a Mustang chasing a FW-190 or BF109 across French fields .... easy to blend into that green? Then maybe a very small Mustang in different attitudes .... somewhere on each side once or twice (like maybe once behind each rear door window on widest part of pillar? ) and then one or two small ones on the hood someplace .... just to add interest and tie it together and give folks something to "look for"? Every Mustang has to be a "different bird" .... use some from old pictures for each. Be sure to include Chuck Yeager's someplace.

Exhaust .... starting with your idea, but at the rear split each side so you have 4 tips about 2-1/2" each with a nice chrome rolled edge angle cut tip?

Maybe a look at the local flea markets and antique shops turns up a WWII era leather helmet and a few items to lay up on the dash in that big square recess?

To find possible painters, check your nearest GWRRA chapter as those Gold Wing Riders know where they are .... or pay attention to the locally based "Large Cars" (tractor trailers) with the custom artwork or visit your local truck stop and look at the bulletin board, those guys are always looking for small jobs and many are not all that costly.

Awesome tips!! Thanks!! the color is starting to grow on me, at first it didn't but it was my Dad's to begin with. He just left it to me after his passing. As far as the Mustangs, I'm a big Warbird buff, so I like all the ideas you threw out there. Just hate to do too many paintings on it, may just stick to the tailgate, but both my Dad and I liked the stripes idea, just doing the front and hood and tailgate, so there goes the Murial. Seems we are on he same wave length on the lowering idea. Too many 4x4 in my area are running around here 2 to 3 stories high, LOL! I like bringing it down a few inches as you stated. Will look into that next Spring.

Thanks again for the help!!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:24 PM
tbear853
Lead Driver
Received 1,288 Likes on 1,089 Posts
Sorry about your Dad.

I lost mine when I was 15. Still think of him everyday, that was 1969.

Yeah, I think it'ld look good. The Mustangs I was talking about were maybe 2" long at most, just something to get people "looking" without detracting from the truck. The ones on TG could have been bigger, or you could have a small one chasing that FW-190 across the stripes back there.

Yeah, I like that green!

Old 10-01-2011, 05:53 PM
JoSHN
Senior User
I'll throw in another vote for the "P-51 Mustang Theme". Maybe incorporating the same type of stripes from the mustang onto the truck. If I had the money, I would absolutely repaint my truck to look like a P-51... but I don't.

All in all, the truck looks very clean and congrats on winning at your last car show. I'm curious to know what window vents you have on it. Do they sit inside the window channel or are they taped on?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Thunder31
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JoSHN
I'll throw in another vote for the "P-51 Mustang Theme". Maybe incorporating the same type of stripes from the mustang onto the truck. If I had the money, I would absolutely repaint my truck to look like a P-51... but I don't.

All in all, the truck looks very clean and congrats on winning at your last car show. I'm curious to know what window vents you have on it. Do they sit inside the window channel or are they taped on?
Thanks!! I too had that idea about using P-51 Mustang paint schemes on the truck. But finances are a bit too low for that, I can always go with vinyl.
Need to find someone who would sponsor me for shows and do the paint schemes for me, "I wish". As far as the window vents they appear to be just inside the window framing. It was like that when my Dad got it about 4 yrs ago. He bought it new off the lot. Ya know I would like the green alot more if it had a more prominent metal flake in the paint.

Last edited by Thunder31; 10-02-2011 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Corrections