Well I done did it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile Well I done did it.

Ya I did. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tt-thread.html

Since it'll be in yer folks back yard, figured a heads up was in order. Now I have trouble gettin folks on this trail. I have it on 3 Kansas boards including the one on this site. Guess folks have trouble driving 1000 miles to go wheelin. Everone is welcome. Post up questions on the thread above please.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:09 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I made some minor changes to the pre-trip, trip. Thursday the 6th will be exploring Black Mesa and Friday the 7th will be the Abajo/Blue Mountains.

7 weeks to go for me. 8 weeks till the HITR part.

So right now this is the new kinda, maybe, sorta, general plan, time line.

Wednesday Sept. 5Th - Drive to Comb Ridge and find a campsite.

Thursday Sept. 6Th - Explore Black Mesa.

Friday Sept. 7Th - Explore the Abajo/Blue Mountains and then over Bears Ears if time and drive up to Poison Spring Canyon.

Saturday Sept. 8Th - Explore Poison Spring Canyon.

Sunday Sept. 9Th - Drive back to Blanding, UT for showers and supplies. Over Bears Ears if not done yet.

Monday Sept. 10Th - This will be the first day of the HITR trip. It should take one day to get to San Juan Hill.

Tuesday Sept. 11Th - This is a kind of flexible day. What is needed is to return Sunday nights camp and move the trailers and tow vehicles over Clay Hills Pass to the new camp site near the Nokai Dome Rd.

Wednesday Sept. 12Th - This is a lock and load day. Folks need to have everything loaded and tied down. All the bugs and kinks worked out. Absolutely everything you need to live out of your truck for 3 days plus extra in case something is lost or broken. There will be nothing except rough country for the next 2-3 days. I'd like to leave camp at 8:00 AM. There will be lots to do and see so we really need to get an early start.

Thursday Sept. 13Th - Another lock and load day. We need to get after it early. Again I'd like to be in the trucks moving at 8:00 AM. Finish up anything we did not get over on Wednesday and head back out as far as we can get.

Friday Sept. 14Th - This is a get to town for a shower kick back day. If we are on the trail I hope to be only 1/2 a day out at the most.

Saturday Sept. 15Th - I plan to load up and head for home.

Update on folks attending.
Fer sure gonna go:

Jack
Garrett
Curtis
Paula
Paula's Fellow Driver
Bob
DocT

Thinkin hard bout it:

Clint
Ian