Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Sept 2011 Indiana BS - The Autumnal Equinox is only one of the many topics we are BS'ing about!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 06:36 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning.........that is all.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Good morning Indiana! TGIF!

Old 09-10-2011, 06:00 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Good Saturday morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well I got the girls to the school to catch the bus to their cross-country meet...

Tracey and I will leave here in a couple of hours to watch them compete...

Other than that...it will be a quiet day...I may take Zoe out to the range to do some shooting later today...

I also have to put three pieces of trim I needed to buy and stain up...as well as fill all the nail holes with putty and then tomorrow I can stain those filled holes and finish the job for those two rooms...

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Joe.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:26 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning IN!

Old 09-10-2011, 08:30 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good evening Indiana and all of you that stopped in today to chat.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
Good night Indiana!

Hope everyone has a safe day of remembrance tomorrow.

Old 09-11-2011, 07:18 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Today is one of the days in our country's history that is hard to forget. I grew up in NJ right across the river from NY...I could look out my kitchen window at any time and see lower Manhattan and the twin towers...the sky line was defined by those towers as well as the Empire State building...

As with most everyone else...I remember the precise place I was on 9/11/01 when I got the news of the first plane into the tower...we actually had a TV at work and I was watching the news as the second plane stuck...I remember sitting helpless watching that morning and eventually was in complete shock as I watched each tower just disappear into a cloud of dust and they were gone...along with all the people that were inside.

I continued to watch that day as I got home and all the responders were standing by waiting for "survivors"...that we know now never were found.

10 years later I still carry a lot of anger and dislike for those that did this and I still carry a lot of prayer in my heart for the victims and their familes as well as all the service men and women that have been deployed over seas in this fight on terror...many many military families have been affected since 9/11/01 too and continue to be affected today...our prayers must be with them too. I continue to ask God to help me get over my anger towards our attackers...perhaps one day that will happen. But today is about the victims, their families and all of those touched by the events of that day 10 years ago today.

Let us remember those that have fallen on 9/11 and all of our military families doing what they do so we can enjoy the freedoms we do.

Today as I head to the airport and get on a plane headed west and for my flight...my mind and heart will be focused on those familes. But my senses will be just a hair heightened today watching for people trying to capatilize on today's anniversary with yet another attack.

9/11/01 changed everyone's attitude on what to do when someone gets up in a plane and tries to take it over or simply acts up...pre-9/11 people would typically sit still and follow the hijackers demands because you were going to land someplace, negotiations would take place and the hostages would typically just go home. Enter 9/11 when the whacko's used the plane as a missile. Enter post-9/11...someone gets up and gets unruly...they are getting themselves thumped by numerous passengers...and on today's anniversary...if someone is stupid enough to get out of line...I'm thinking the thumping is going to be a good one by just about everyone.

My flag is outside in rememberance of today's significance...May God Bless those that are not with us thru the events on the day of 9/11 as well as all of our military families that have lost loved ones in the war on terror since. I pray that our Lord continues to provide strength to the families that have suffered a loss thru these 9/11 attacks and works from within those that have such hatred towards the US to soften their hatred and allows us all to live together on this land that God created for us. I also ask our Lord to keep our military men and women safe as they continue the fight on terror over seas and to bring them all home safe to their families.

On this day here is one photo that I feel is quite fitting...this is a photo of my girls at the Congressional Medal of Honor Museum on the USS Yorktown in Charlestown SC.

God Bless the USA.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Good Sunday evening Indiana! Everyone have a wonderful Monday.
Never forget 9/11/01.
This is America, love it or leave it.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:04 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Good morning and hope your Monday goes well Indiana

Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Good morning Indiana, hope you guys had a great weekend!!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM
nebo
Posting Guru

Old 09-12-2011, 09:23 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Good morning Indiana!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:34 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Good morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well flying yesterday was uneventful...thankfully...

I am out in SoCal...been to gym, showered, breakfast and have had my first teleconference of the day...

Time to wrap up the computer and head to the shop...

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Wag...hey...I didn't take any pictures...but I made a few braces for the blind out of 1" PVC piping...I cut the piping and cut some notches in the ends to slip over the blind supports at the windows...basically where the supports come thru the windows in a "V"...I made a ledge out of PVC pipe...I keep the pipe from sliding by wrapping some black electrical tape around the blind supports to act as a "stop"/"rest" for the pipe...

This gives you a nice flat ledge across the whole window opening to rest your gun on...

I'll snap a few pictures when I get a chance.

I'm going to set up the blind this weekend since we're just over a week away from youth weekend...

I bought Zoe her youth license on line on Saturday...and then don't you know Meijer has a coupon for a FREE youth license!!!...oh well...thankfully it is only $7...but my timing really stunk there huh!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Joe.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:34 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Sounds interesting Joe. yep, when you get time, I would lke to see a pic of that rig.

Sounds like you and Zoe are about ready. I bet she's getting pumped up. Just be careful of any movement if you are connected to the blind with the gun. Slightest movements of the blind are exaggerated outside the blind.

We are all ready. A little more shooting and sorting out of the gear. We got our first ever food plots all done last week right before the rains set in and everything is all germinated and coming up already. Hope and pray for some more random rain through the fall.

We got all the stands up Saturday and put up a few exclusion cages yesterday.

To quote my 12 year old twins from the other day when they kicked up a few nice bucks while walking the woods, "it's gonna be the best year ever!"

.....and I'm all> just dreaming of the memories to come.........

Old 09-12-2011, 08:27 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Good evening Indiana, and all of my FTE buds. Everyone have a terrific Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Sept 2011 Indiana BS - The Autumnal Equinox is only one of the many topics we are BS'ing about!!!