September MA BS Thread - Don't Forget 9/11 10 Years Later

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by donjamer
So they finally have some work for you?
they usually do... just some days arent worth going in for... i dont see the point in spending 1/4 tank to go back and forth to work for 3 hrs MAYBE worth of work... id rather go every other day if possible to let it build up so i can have a full day of work...

the ones that work FULL TIME or are on SALARY.. dont seem to understand that.. they can get a full 40 hrs every week... im lucky if i can get 40 total for BOTH weeks...

i work in an overly staffed office where the job im hired to do actually has a person thats supposed to be doing it and isnt...(hence why i was hired).. but the boss wont fire her even though no matter what you give her to do never gets done or even done right when she does do something... and 99% of the stuff there requires a computer but they wont get more so i can have one and when useless girl is there i dont have one really limiting me what i have available to do...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparky83
they usually do... just some days arent worth going in for... i dont see the point in spending 1/4 tank to go back and forth to work for 3 hrs MAYBE worth of work... id rather go every other day if possible to let it build up so i can have a full day of work...

the ones that work FULL TIME or are on SALARY.. dont seem to understand that.. they can get a full 40 hrs every week... im lucky if i can get 40 total for BOTH weeks...

i work in an overly staffed office where the job im hired to do actually has a person thats supposed to be doing it and isnt...(hence why i was hired).. but the boss wont fire her even though no matter what you give her to do never gets done or even done right when she does do something... and 99% of the stuff there requires a computer but they wont get more so i can have one and when useless girl is there i dont have one really limiting me what i have available to do...
Sounds like a government job.. LOL

Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Sounds like a government job.. LOL

it aint... lawfirm

Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 PM
donjamer
That's almost the same thing.. LOL

Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
That's almost the same thing.. LOL
lol.. least with a govt job id have something to do... even if it was just sitting infront of the computer all day id be doing something... wish i could get something else... but no ones really into hiring right now in the area... and my resumes very weak... hate to put it this way but in a way im sorts USING this job.. not using as in taking their money for nothing... but using as in getting something to look better on the resume..

all my previous jobs were seasonal and temp stuff which doesnt make for a strong resume... and then when i got laid off from one of them i was outta work for 5 years... part of it from going back to school from 2 years... part from the economy taking a major dump within months of me getting laid off... and part from no one seeing to be really interested in hiring me... i had a few nibbles the first couple years.. (couple looked very promising to hire me).. but nothing came of them... after that it was just like no one was bothering to read my application anymore...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:27 PM
donjamer
That is the key to working..

Stay in a job as long as it is giving you what you want..

I stayed 10 years at raytheon so I could get them to pay for my degree

Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
That is the key to working..

Stay in a job as long as it is giving you what you want..

I stayed 10 years at raytheon so I could get them to pay for my degree
yeah but this ones not giving me exactly what i want... i want something thatll pay enough to pay my bills, have something left over.. either so i can buy a new truck... or so i can finally move out and have my own place... getting tired of staying with my parents...

i was getting ready to try and and move out once too... but that was when i got laid off from that last job... said they were going to make me full time permanent... did all the paper work.. got the training for it... 2 days later BAM!! "dont need you anymore"

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 PM
donjamer
Yeah that sucks

It will get better. This economy sucks

Old 09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Yeah that sucks

It will get better. This economy sucks

i hope so... id really like to least have to not worry "can i pay this bill this month" or "do i have the money for this??"

like since i got this job almost a year ago.. ive been trying to save up 3K to pay my brother back for while i was out jobless (parents i owe 20K to).. but every time i get close to 3K something come up and knocks me back from it... id really like to get the 3K before he gets married in january...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 PM
donjamer
I know the feeling..

I have been dealing with the same thing for years

Old 09-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
I know the feeling..

I have been dealing with the same thing for years
but least ya got ya own house and a new reliable truck....

Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 PM
donjamer
That just makes it tougher.. I have been scraping by to pay the truck every month

Old 09-22-2011, 10:12 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
That just makes it tougher.. I have been scraping by to pay the truck every month
you should be almost payed off now right?? or did you get the 6 year loan??

most of the 20K i owe to the parents is my stang... i got a year into the payments when i was laid off... after that it was all i had saved up paying for it the next year an half of a 5 yr loan... parents took over the rest... but all i was paying off with my payments was the interest...

Old 09-22-2011, 10:14 PM
donjamer
Yeah, my last payment is in December

Then I can say it's mine

Old 09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Yeah, my last payment is in December

Then I can say it's mine

mines only mine cuz dad wont say its his since his names on the title, registraition, and insurance lol... hes a GM fan... use to say "hed never have a FORD in his name and NEVER!!!! allow one to be parked in his driveway!!"

i cant tell... my eyes must be getting old... where does my stang seem to be parked??

Quick Reply: September MA BS Thread - Don't Forget 9/11 10 Years Later