Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Who can tell me about "HOOKER HOOD" ?

~ I met one of his nieces today (Already married - and damned if I'd mess it up)

But we talked and walked, you know. She come out to explain a Veterans Refinance program, it turned out we couldn't do anything - but she was very impressed with the lot, garden, and being from an old racing family - the plans for the truck.

Doggoned nice Lady - I should have asked if she had any unmarried sisters but I know better.

I sent her on her way with all the seeds for whatever she thought would be good in a garden that I could think of right quick!

I reckon she gonna have a mess of tobasca peppers by the end of september...
(I love those little mexican christmas trees!)

One story she told me was about "Hooker" running at Talladega one year. All he had for a pit crew was a nephew or son - and a buddy of his.

On the saturday he ran the 250 mile - and for whatever reason placed seventh.

One of the oficials suggested "You know - you COULD run in the 500 tomorrow - I think we can fix that for you"

And they did....

But with only two guys in the pit HE NEVER CHANGED TIRES....

Ran the 250 on saturday - and the five hundred the very next....

Yeah - you read that right. 750 miles of racing on just two sets of rubber

AND SHE WOULD KNOW!

Does anyone remember the details of that race?
Old 09-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Freshman User

2002ford4RV is starting off with a positive reputation.
For what it's worth

Found a list of races @www.ultimateracinghistory.com

Supposbly this is all races ever from all drivers ever
Drivers

Hooker Hoods page:
Hooker Hood
Autometer Quad Pillar Pod w/Isspro EV2 Gauges - Trans Temp; Oil Temp; Pyro; Boost/GPR LED. Husky mud flaps/35% Tint
Old 09-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm assuming that Memphis-Arkansas Speedway is really Riverside Speedway!
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 10-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Senior User

Idahoser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I never saw him race but I used to live down the street from him. I was a little young to know anything about what he did, but the cars they had were more like sprint cars than anything I'd expect to see at Talladega!? I guess they must run all kinds there too, like most tracks... just not what I think of, I picture Richard Petty and stock cars when I think of that big old track.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter

Tags
bio, car, driver, ford, hood, hooker, sprint