Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
You know - one of these days I am coming home to GLENMONT MARYLAND

Yeah - the shopping center at the corner of Randolph Road and Georgia avenue....

I LIVED THERE in the seventies, and yeah - I miss the place.

I always swore I would do that some day.

I think I'm almost ready, but I'm still cobbling together the ONE TRUCK I wanted to come home in.

"FOREVER GREASE!"

~Right down to the Chuck Taylor's....

(It's a "FIFTIES" thing)

I've been a long time away.

I went to school at E. Brook Lee, and Kennedy High School.
~Didn't know that, did you?

I went to the AUTO SHOP classes at JFK, Wheaton, and Northwood. Best info I ever got....

MY HIGH SCHOOL COLORS ARE GREEN AND GOLD!

See you there some day - maybe on the way to Carlisle.....
(Right outside the "Q" Club, if it is still there......)
Old 08-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
You're gonna HATE the traffic!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 08-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Not if I roll in at 3AM my friend - I try to always move at night if possible.

Once I get to my Uncles house in Kemp Mill I can figure it out on a local basis. I saw on google maps where there were a lot of changes, but many of the backroads are still there, and it won't take me long to find my way around

Sure would be a blast from the past to rumble through Del Mercado and cruise around Stonington road. Then there's Glenallen, and a few others...

I saw where the botanical gardens has expanded a lot, and Wheaton Regional has changed too.

~I also expect that a certain big quartz outcrop next to Glenmont Forrest Apartments that was kinda on the way to the local Elementary school is still the same as the last time I sat on it *HINT: It's near the grounds maintenance shop

Did they ever finish redoing JFK HS? It looked like a concentration camp the last time I visited.

IS THE QUE CLUB STILL THERE?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
You talking about this place??? Plaza del Mercado Shopping Center - Aspen Hill, Maryland, USA

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

OH YEAH!

I used to know the projector guy at the theater there - he was working part time after being an A/V guy at school for a lot of years

(Teachers pet my PAHOOKIE! The guy was thinking ahead....)

*Gravy job too - he got to see all the movies when they first came out - like "Billy JACK", which I saw from the projector room when it first came out
Old 09-03-2011, 02:53 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter