Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Elder User

429unibody is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What have we done to our trucks today B.C.?

Thought why don't we keep our chapter up to date with what we're working on I have started a new project so I thought why not share the fun
Old 08-30-2011, 11:14 AM
Elder User

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

So I got this truck from my neighbour. He put a 6 inch lift kit on it a couple years ago did the clutch ,ball joints bearings U joints brakes at that time. next he was doing an engine up grade, with new cam lifters throttle body upgrade headers, new front fenders rad support and condenser for the AC oh and he also bought a K&N CAI kit for it as well. While he was doing the valve seals he dropped a clip for the valve, couldn't find it any where so we decided to pull the heads off just to make sure it wasn't in the head. While removing the head bolts one broke so me neighbour went to drill out the bolt and got a little crooked and *ucked the threads in the hole. So I helped him fix that and we put in a Heli Coil. So after a couple months neighbour finally go the new head bolts and when he went to install them Kapow he stripped another hole! Truck with a F. SO he got pissed off and went and bought a 01 F350 Crew Cab Powerstroike Diesel. Then he told me give me $....... amount of cash and it's yours. SO now I pulled the new motor out of my 83 Mustang (no vin tag for stang) and now I'm swapping everything over to get the truck running!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Senior User

RWENUTS is starting off with a positive reputation.
No pics but I've been chasing a vibration in my truck. Changed the centre u-joint last week but still there. Improved but still shimmy shake. Slid under and checked yoke on tranny for wiggles and found front u-joint was toast. Took a while to swap it out. Dang hot today. Many trips into the house to chill by the a/c but got her done. 95% better. At least I can drive 100 now. Found some play in pass side tie rod so will check it out next week.
Off to the Langley cruise for the weekend and help my buddy with his old Ford and rebuild a carb for another old rodder up in Stave Lake area. Pic of his old wreck attached. A 10 year project soon to hit the streets.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Elder User

Nice rod, My younger brother (RIP) had a 28 Chevy Roadster all original
Old 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Senior User

RWENUTS is starting off with a positive reputation.
Similiar car. That's a 32 highboy. Body alone was 16 grand. All the best of parts. He thinks he has close to 70,000 into it. Stretched over 10 years that's not bad.
So where exactly is Clearwater. My truck used to live up there.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Elder User

Google Clearwater B.C. and go to the Maps section! 90 minutes north of Kamloops
Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I pushed my donor box off it's frame. Gave up on the 80 Bronco. Looking at a 78 or 79 Bronco. Still waiting for the 66 Merc 4x4 to show up.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 09-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Elder User

Click the image to open in full size.
Motor install is almost done ,just need a few little items and I should be ready to put the front clip back on ..as soon as I scuff and spray the new rad support!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
I got the 66 merc started this afternoon.

BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 10-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Elder User

New rad support freshly painted
Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 AM
BC Chapter LDR

I got 4 round tires on it this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow I can get some brakes.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Got some new brake lines run along the rear axle. Just need to bleed them now.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Elder User

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Got the new front clip on, installed the rad support yesterday and the fenders today!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Elder User

Today I installed the battery box hooked up some more chizz, lined up the fenders installed the hood next is borrow a solenoid from another truck cause I broke the one that was on this truck trying to remove a nut. Getting close to firing her up
Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Elder User

Old 10-14-2011, 10:59 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia