Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Senior User

Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
There are ferries at Ticonderoga, Essex (probably the best for Burlington and takes you through Charlotte, VT and then North on Rt 7) and Plattsburgh. You can also take the new bridge at Crown Point or one that takes you through Plattsburgh to N. Hero, Vermont then on to Burlington.

The CG website we stay at is: Camping in Westport, New York Adirondack Camping at Its Finest. They haven't updated it for 2014, but I don't expect much change. There is another CG, Bulwagga Bay in Port Henry - seems to be usually quite full, but not very nice, being a municipal trailer park in an almost destitute village.
A bridge, really! We do not seem to get news like that downstate. That makes things a little more convenient. I am going to give that campground a look in Westport. It sounds familiar. And perhaps stay there 2015. We love visiting the Lake George Region in August because we love going to the Saratoga, both track and town. If I had my way, I would move there. However, we are trying to move away from the snow, not find more, LOL! But I think I would put up with the snow for a chance to live in the Adirondacks. It truly is one of my favorite places to visit.

If Hillock did not open in time, I was going to get a spot at Hearthstone. Stayed there many years ago when my wife and I were dating and in a tent, for two weeks. The fact that they have lake access/beach, trolley stops to LG Village, cleanliness, and the price, you cannot go wrong. Just have to put up with boondocking. Which is not an issue for us.

We do not roll into any 'Refugee Camps.' So thanks for the heads up. And thanks for the site and all of the info. This is much better than a RV Park review site. You can ask the questions you want answered.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Elder User

Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.
I suggest you check the reviews of Hearthstone. It gets a lot of 'pressure' from way too many people, especially being so close to the Capital District and only a very few miles off the Northway (I-87). We've camped there, but many years ago, and it was OK.

We live only a very few miles South of Saratoga and try to avoid even going into town during the 6 week flat track season - unless we just want to 'enjoy' sitting in traffic on Broadway. We usually try to make at least one trip to the track where my wife will lose her budgeted $20 by the 3rd-4th race
1931 Deluxe Ford Roadster 5.0/C4/9" and a bunch more
Old 01-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Senior User

Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child View Post
I suggest you check the reviews of Hearthstone. It gets a lot of 'pressure' from way too many people, especially being so close to the Capital District and only a very few miles off the Northway (I-87). We've camped there, but many years ago, and it was OK.

We live only a very few miles South of Saratoga and try to avoid even going into town during the 6 week flat track season - unless we just want to 'enjoy' sitting in traffic on Broadway. We usually try to make at least one trip to the track where my wife will lose her budgeted $20 by the 3rd-4th race
I am sorry, I am not following your post regarding Hearthstone, 'pressure.' Are you saying it is crowded because of its proximity to Albany and LG?
We haven't stayed there in about 9 or 10 years. However, we have driven through last year and it looked the same.

I can certainly relate to a motley crew of tourists, descending upon a town, for a short period, and disturbing the normal balance of everything. The town, shops, hotels, ect. only have like 6 weeks to make what they can for the season. So that drives the price of everything in town up. If we had to stay in a hotel in Saratoga, I do not believe we would bother going because of the increased price. But they do reek havoc on the town!

Your wife has the right ideas with gambling. Our cut off is $60! Bet big, win big! LOL!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Senior User

mudfuel06 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jekyll Island

Any reviews on the campground at Jekyll Island? We're camping there for our anniversary.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Posting Guru

raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.raptor131 has a great reputation on FTE.
here are some pics from my recent trips
pic 1 Fort wilderness Disney Orlando, Florida
pic 2 Sweetwater campground lake allatoona Canton, Georgia
pic 3 lake Kissimmee prairie preserve state park Okeechobee, Florida
pic 4 lake Kissimmee prairie preserve state park Okeechobee, Florida
pic 5 crooked creek campground Hill City, South Dakota
Attached Images

05' silver f-350 lariat 6.0 psd 4x4 crew cab drw, 4"inch turbo back exhaust, BPD oil cooler condenser mount, powermax turbo,dc power 190Amp OEM High Output Alternator , coolant filter, auto meter: boost, coolant temp, trans temp, egt, voltage. scan gauge II, Rds 91 gallon fuel tank toolbox combo, ready lift 2.5 leveling kit, blue spring mod.Fumuto oil drain, AE w/ford enhanced bundle.Air lift 5000 series rear air bags, SCT x4 powerflash with gearhead custom tunes Srl , 8k tow, unlimited tow. 2010 forest river Cherokee 35ft TT
Old 07-11-2014, 08:11 PM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor131 View Post
Nice places, nice pics, nice kid and nice rig, there.

96 F250, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 145K. DIY intake-exhaust brake. DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; HPX; GPR switch; Isspro gauges; shim FPR; Tru-cool; CCV mod; 4" SS exhaust; SS 5" tip; no cat; RacerX VB; TW 6p chip; 203*;140IDM;6.0IC; cristal clear lenses; fuel tank mod; AC cold mod; coolant filter.

«Primum non nosere» Drive safely !
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor131 View Post

Thank you for sharing. We hope to travel first year of retirement and like seeing places to watch for on our trip.

2004 Late Build CC LB 4x4 6.0L

"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels

Tags
1960s, beach, camping, campsites, colorado, gulch, hills, images, montauk, mushroom, ny, park, pictures, point, shagwong, trailer