Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 10:52 AM
Senior User

camp nh is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We ask size of trailer or motor home.
Parking for truck or car is usually off to the side.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:15 AM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
I HAVE done that.... I was born/raised in upstate NY, but had this thrill in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia..... the front of my 5er was so high I was afraid to go to sleep.... and then we had thunderstorms!!!!
Batten down the hatches......and set the Watch.........
Old 07-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp nh View Post
We ask size of trailer or motor home.
Parking for truck or car is usually off to the side.
Howdy Les.........

When I was active duty in the Navy.......I lived in Brunswick ME and Lisbon HN.

Nice country!!.........I miss the area...........
Old 07-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Senior User

camp nh is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Been dealing with crappy weather for two days.
They say we will get hit again this afternoon.
If you ever get back out here look me up.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:42 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Do not go to this campground

We needed to stay the weekend around Lancaster, PA. After searching for the closest campground to where the wife needed to be I narrowed it down to this I have linked to here.

It is advertised as a membership campground with thousand oaks. You call the main number tell them what you got ect..

Well it is nothing more than a free for all first come first served issue. So you have popups taking 5th wheel sites or in my case there was nothing!

So here I have a reservation, check in, they say go find a spot (yes that is right.find it yourself) drop the rig and come back and tell us what you got.

Unreal, dirty, lack of maintance all over, wifi never worked, you name it!

Circle M RV Camping | Thousand Trails RV Campground in Pennsylvania

I did finally get in a spot but it was not pretty. A couple came over in a proper spot that was leaving soon after so I waited and took that one.

Had to put the daughter in chair to hold it while I got the 5er over too it.

Just a place that is going under due to mis-managment and lack of maintance.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 07-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Elder User

Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.Irelands child has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
We needed to stay the weekend around Lancaster, PA. After searching for the closest campground to where the wife needed to be I narrowed it down to this I have linked to here.

It is advertised as a membership campground with thousand oaks. You call the main number tell them what you got ect..

Well it is nothing more than a free for all first come first served issue. So you have popups taking 5th wheel sites or in my case there was nothing!

So here I have a reservation, check in, they say go find a spot (yes that is right.find it yourself) drop the rig and come back and tell us what you got.

I did finally get in a spot but it was not pretty. A couple came over in a proper spot that was leaving soon after so I waited and took that one.

Sounds very much like the dump we stayed in outside of Ithaca, NY last summer, Spruce Row CG
1931 Deluxe Ford Roadster 5.0/C4/9" and a bunch more
Old 08-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Freshman User

tWyStyD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like some crappy campgrounds out there, they look more like parking lots, everyone piled on top of each other. But I guess if you want wi-fi power and sewer services that is what you get.
Myself I prefer to be a little more isolated, which is easier in Alberta, Canada, than the NE States. The East slope of the Canadian Rockies has ample crown land for camping in the wilderness or serviced sites in campgrounds.
I go to Nordegg area, it has lots of camping, lots of quading areas, and you can't beat the scenery. I wanna p[ost some pics but haven't figured out how to upload pics off my computer, will try to figure it out and get some online
Old 08-05-2013, 12:36 AM
Postmaster

Vinford has a good reputation on FTE.Vinford has a good reputation on FTE.
We stayed at Calaway Rv Park near Calgary , it was nice and clean but they are money hungry and will take you for every dime.
They added us for a day and when I didn't want it they wouldn't refund.
We left and they rented site I paid for so they got double for that site that night.
I saw some of there staff members being very rude to a older couple.
2001 F-350 5.4 4x4
2008 F-450 6.4 dually 4x4
Plus a few more .................
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Freshman User

Here are the pix from Nordegg AbClick the image to open in full size.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
It won't open.....

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 08-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Freshman User

maybe this works?

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - tWyStyD's Album: Nordegg Ab

Maybe this will work?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:10 PM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tWyStyD View Post
Hey bud: The first pic (mountain), resembles A LOT to the "El volcán Iztaccihuatl" (La mujer dormida) in my country Mexico, look here:

Attached Images

96 F250, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 145K. DIY intake-exhaust brake. DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; HPX; GPR switch; Isspro gauges; shim FPR; Tru-cool; CCV mod; 4" SS exhaust; SS 5" tip; no cat; RacerX VB; TW 6p chip; 203*;140IDM;6.0IC; cristal clear lenses; fuel tank mod; AC cold mod; coolant filter.

«Primum non nosere» Drive safely !
Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
WOW !!!!

Gee-OR-GEE-US !!!!

And you guys FOUGHT for Texas ?!?!
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Senior User

Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinella View Post
hither hills montauk long island n.y.Find Campgrounds - ReserveAmerica
Click the image to open in full size.

real nice place. very hard to get into during the season. it has a general store playground baseball feild and of coarse the beach.
Love this place. Set up, walk 200 yards, and you are chasing Stripers!
I go all Fall long. First come first serve. Also the last week, usually Father's Day Week, that you do not have to call and compete for sites.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Senior User

Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post

If you ever are in need of a park near Lancaster, give this place a look;
Lake in Wood Camping Resort / Camping in Pennsylvania
Lake in Woods in Narvon, PA. It is about a 30 minute drive to Lancaster, however, this place has to be the cleanest park we have ever stayed in. Great for kids. They have these theme cabin rentals like a train, treehouse ect. Not that you need it. Sites are level but not overly huge. It is a bit of a drive to your destination but it is clean, quiet, and family run.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:16 PM