Campgrounds

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 11:57 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by fredetteb
Hi there fellow campers. My wife and I are headed to the Texas Gulf Coast in September, and would like to stop overnight in the Slidell, LA area (somewhere near the I-59, I-10, I-12 split) Any recommendations??
I've never been through there but I'm bumping this to try to get you a response.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Also, just as an FYI, I'm going to remove the sticky on this one to see if it gets more response / exposure floating in the forum. Sometimes, the Sticky threads get overlooked or bypassed. We'll see how it goes and if it seems to get lost, I'll stick it again.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:15 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,415 Likes on 1,010 Posts
Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Gearitis
Elder User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fredetteb
Hi there fellow campers. My wife and I are headed to the Texas Gulf Coast in September, and would like to stop overnight in the Slidell, LA area (somewhere near the I-59, I-10, I-12 split) Any recommendations??
I use a website RV Park Reviews :: Home that is pretty good at finding and rating rv parks around the country. I have used this site a lot and it is pretty well right on. Some RV parks are not listed since it is a review driven sight. So if someone has not reviewd a park, it will not be listed. I participate in the reviews since I do travel somewhat often.

I can say from experience that the Pine Crest Mobile Home Park on the south of Slidell was not bad.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:03 AM
danorules
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Odetah Camping Resort

I'm headed there in a few weeks. located in southeast CT. Ive heard a ton of good reviews of the place from friends and co-workers. very excited! I will post up my experience and review when i get back

Old 07-18-2012, 11:47 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
While these are GEE-OR-GEOUS sites...

Would it be better to break this up into regions of the country - maybe like the chapters?

just wondering ?

(FYI, I don't have a favorite because I like to go to new places - somewhat like going to a restaurant and eating the same thing every time - sometimes the new stuff is BETTER than the old )

but, then again, sometimes it's not !!!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:29 PM
mudfuel06
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We got back from our 1100 mile summer trip a few days ago. Overall, it was a good experience. We hit 4 campgrounds in 11 days all in Florida.
1. Sebastion Inlet SP (Melbourne Beach, Fl)-nice sites, buggy, good fishing, fairly close to the beach, water and electricity only, I would definitely go back to this one.
2. Jonathon Dickinson SP (Hobe Sound, Fl)-Sites have no shade due to the hurricanes, rangers extremely nice, sites are gravel, full hook-ups, will also be returning here.
3. Bahia Honda (Big Pine Key, Fl)-sites are small, bugs are horrible, no one speaks English, rangers are rude and don't enforce any rules, people partying until 1 or 2 in the morning (we left at 5:30), will never go back, beaches are horrible and packed!
4. Oscar Scherer SP (Osprey, Fl)-nice park, sites are a little tight, rangers are inconsiderate on some things and Strict on others, Siesta Key and Nokomis Beach are fairly close, would probably return just because family is close to it.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 997 Posts
Got back from the (long) weekend trip to Woodland Campground and it was a very pleasant experience. It's about a 4.5 hour drive from our place just south of Baltimore. Worst traffic is going through/around Harrisburg, PA. Past there, US 322 is a mostly divided 4-lane ... west of State College it changes from 4 lane to 2 and back a number of times but no really BAD roads. If you are towing large, there are some mountain passes that will require a lot of BOOST.

The campground was a nice surprise. That far into the wilderness I didn't expect the nice place we found. All spots are stoned, mostly level (within an inch or so) and full hookups for a reasonable price. Join Good Sam, 10% discount. The prices include 2 adults and 2 kids. Owners just bought the place and from the talk I heard from people that have been there before, they have really "fixed the place up". They stocked the pond for a catch/release, FREE fishing while you are there, so bring your poles. My son caught many largemouths while there! The owners are very friendly and help you if you have problems. My RV toilet blew it's inlet hose off and they provided the parts I needed at no charge. It wasn't fun hurrying around the trailer in the middle of the night to shut off the water barefoot on that stone tho ! All I needed is a screw hose clamp but when you don't have one, they are priceless!

We were there on a "bonfire" weekend. They do a BIG bonfire!

So - this campground gets a "thumbs up" from us! We will be going back.

Old 07-31-2012, 02:05 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Anyone ever hear of this place:
Coastal GA RV Resort - Welcome Home

Wondered if you liked it.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Their ad looks like it says "NO KIDS" !!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 05:02 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Their ad looks like it says "NO KIDS" !!!!
They accept kids, they have slides and stuff. It is the pets that are somewhat restricted. I don't know to what extent though.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:42 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Was looking at their rates and all they mentioned was ADULTS.... With a 4 person limit. Guess you need a small family, eh?

Old 08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Was looking at their rates and all they mentioned was ADULTS.... With a 4 person limit. Guess you need a small family, eh?
Yeah appears so.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:54 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
A place my wife and I love to go. Belknap Hot Springs, east of Springfield, Oregon.

Camping along the river is great, but the Hot springs fed pools are very relaxing. And the gardens are spectacular. There is a secret garden that is completely walled, with two narrow entrances. We will be here in Oct.

Attached Images     
Old 08-01-2012, 02:02 PM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Crane Prairie Campground, Central Oregon

This is another one of our favorite places. Good fishing for Trout and Bass.

This is our "hotel" for the Weekend of the "ALS Walk" we do annually.

Attached Images     

Quick Reply: Campgrounds