General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Does anyone at work rub you the wrong way?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 06:39 PM
dream 81'
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work with a girl who does something every day to try to hack me off. Today she tried to get me fired, boss got mad at her, guess the jokes on her.
So does anyone at your work make some days just misrable? Or are all of the loonies just out to get me?

Old 04-03-2003, 07:38 PM
1956MarkII
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, they're all out to get you- the rest of the world is PERFECT!! Seriously, I know what it's like, at least at previous jobs. I don't know what you can actually do yourself to get back at these type of people, but as you found out today, time almost always catches up with them. Be patient and they usually dig their own grave.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:09 PM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend

Nope i work for myself.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:14 PM
icelander
Elder User

yup, there are thousands of people who rub me the wrong way at work every week. those people are MOTORISTS who care nothing about anyone but themselves and getting home as quickly as possible.

ill never understand the logic behind pulling out in front of a 50 to 80 thousand pound truck just to get in front of it so it wont hold you up at the next light. or tailgating a truck that cant see you when your that close and wondering why you DIDNT make it home that evening when the truck had to hit its brakes for some reason........maybe that reason was another driver who doesnt care, cutting that truck off.

so yeah, people at work rub me the wrong way........sometimes literally.

Old 04-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Franklin3
Senior User

First off someone at work has to rub me then I will tell you if it was the right or wrong way.
Franklin3

Old 04-03-2003, 08:38 PM
crazy4u
Junior User

I am so lucky. My boss is the only one I have to worry about and we get along good.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:48 PM
Boss_358
Posting Guru

Yes. My boss is an idiot who only has his position because daddy owns the company.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Methalius
New User

On occasion. I try to keep to myself, I don't get wrapped up in things that don't affect me. However, since there are many people who love to cause trouble and like to see other people affected by their evilness, I run into someone who is out to get my goat. I try my best to ignore it. I find that it usually just goes away. If not

Old 04-04-2003, 12:31 PM
fast frank 66
Senior User

I work at an arts and crafts store with a lot of nice looking girls. I like when the rub me

Old 04-04-2003, 12:50 PM
AOGDEN
Senior User

Unfortunately I know where you're coming from. We have 1 girl here who will do whatever she can to make you look bad. I guess she figures that by making others look bad she will look better. On a positive note 2 of the 3 owners are aware of this and don't pay any attention to her crapolla.
I just do my best to ignore her and hope that she'll go away.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:13 PM
Quadiquizm
Elder User

Yup - I am getting panfried by my supervisor - I work hard and help out others at work, but am getting a mediocre review because I am not taking enough initiative to come up with some new ideas a running events of my own - forget about the fact that I have been swamped coordinating other peoples events or following out a plan that was setforth by the administration.
Oh-well!

Old 04-05-2003, 10:07 AM
FarmForward
Postmaster

I work in town loading trucks at a warehouse/distribution center... we load out approx. 80 to 100 trucks a day during our busy season, which can run anywhere from March to August, if not before or after. I am direct contact with around 100 or so of the 500 people who work there, and for the most part they are okay. Some of the order pickers (they pick the loads for a particular store) are'nt very good at what they do, but for the most part I have no trouble with them. My boss I rarely see, so there's no problem there. The woman who dispatches the trucks is sort of power mad (her nickname among the loaders is "Adolph"), but HER boss sort of keeps her in check.

My main trouble is with the HR Manager. Before the current one, we had a guy who let me work whatever hours I could during planting and harvesting, as long as I managed to get in 40 hours during the week. He got ousted in a corporate takeover, though, and replaced by a woman from the home office who told me that I needed to focus on what was important to the company, when one person is gone it affects everyone, that the company could'nt let "my hobby" interfere with the distribution center's operations, etc. Well, I'm not the only farmer who works there, so a bunch of us got together and went to talk to her, and she came up with the absolutely BRILLIANT solution to our problem: We need to schedule vacation days for when we need to tend to the farm work.

Only thing is, vacation forms have to be turned in at the beginning of the year.

Well, the company has authorized her to accept them ONLY 2 weeks in advance. We feel that's more than fair to both the company and the workers, don't you?

Old 04-05-2003, 10:23 AM
big1
Senior User

Hell all of them do!! Maybe that's the reason they put me down in a pit all by myself. Do you reackon??

Old 04-05-2003, 12:09 PM
DainBramage
Posting Guru

Just one. A stupid, lazy, worthless, self-absorbed russian mail order bride. Quite possibly the most annoying person I have ever met, and that takes some work.

This one will lay waste to any food left in the break room fridge for more than an hour (thinks it's her personal kitchen). Actually brings her dishes to work and uses our diswasher 'cause she's too lazy to do them herself at home.
Steals food, newspapers, office type stuff, anything that isn't nailed down.
Hasn't showed up to work on time in the 2 years I've been here.
Too dumb to actually know how to do anything, just kind of sits there.
Asks the same question (in that HORRIBLE accent) 50 times, getting the same, accurate answer every time. Continues to ask until I finally turn around and SCREAM the answer at her.
Has actually picked up a co-worker's cell phone off the desk, walked away with it, went into the other room, and started making calls on it, without so much as asking.
Has been caught multiple times hiding in various offices around the building, rifling through desks, and making long distance calls to Russia..

After not recieving a raise last year due to her poor performance, called corporate HR, complained that she wasn't being treated fairly, becuase we all got $$$ and she didn't. She was laughed at.
There are at least 100 other annoying habbits, but I'll spare you.

Old 04-05-2003, 12:19 PM
fiend
Elder User

Half the employees and 75% of the management.

Quick Reply: Does anyone at work rub you the wrong way?