Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
*TV MOUNT FOR RV*

Am looking for a flat screen mount for a 24-32" flat screen that I can install in my 07 Arctic Fox. It wasn't built for a flat screen, it has a space for a 25" CRT TV just inside the door. Don't have any wall area I can use but am trying to find a articulated mount I can screw to the wall above the counter where the CRT goes.

My question is, will an articulated mount take the bouncing of a traveling flat screen (24-32") when it is folded back?

Or, does anyone else have any ideas? Can't use a regular wall mount as the need to have a the clearance to bring the TV out a bit from the window. Maybe a cabinet mount? There is a cabinet above the area where the CRT sits. Again, will those mounts take the bounce of the RV moving?

Thanks for any replies!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 08-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Postmaster

ToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud ofToMang07 has much to be proud of
ToMang07

Click the image to open in full size.

~Tom~ 02 F350 CCSB 4x4 SRW 7.3L, DIY-6637, PHP Phoenix-(STK-80dd-100P-120R-65T-40T) 4" TB-409SS MBRP, GS 3 in 1, EGT/Boost/Tranny, Fisher 8' MM2. Tymar HPX, NON-EBV Pedestal, Turbo Master, Wicked Wheel, Hutch/Harpoon, RR-Plenums/clamps, 203* TS and Billet Housing, ELC, Fumoto, CCV Dumped, Foil, AIH, and EBV, Pontoons All Missing...~AE w/Ford Pack~
Old 08-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Postmaster

Robert6401 is a name known to allRobert6401 is a name known to allRobert6401 is a name known to allRobert6401 is a name known to allRobert6401 is a name known to allRobert6401 is a name known to all
I would probably try to find out what the RV manufacturers use. There is a flat screen mounted on the wall of my rear bunkhouse, and it is on there very securely. I don't think I would trust one of those articulated mounts unless it was made to handle the abuse of riding in a towed vehicle, and even then I would be skeptical.
AIS, RE leveling kit, IssPro EV2 Gauges, PHP tunes fined tuned by Cody (cleatus12r), Hutch&Harpoon, FRx, HPx, John Wood Trans, Swamps HV/HF IDM, Firestone Airbags, RiffRaff Rear Diff Cover, Van turbo w/ported housing and billet wheel, non-ebp outlet and pedestal, Magnaflow SS 4" Exhaust
Old 08-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
If not using the articulated mount is discouraged, I COULD remove the RV before we move and store in between the bed covers.......or use the cabinet mount....

Old 08-27-2011, 02:52 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
both of my flat panels are hard mounted on the walls so they don't move.

I have seen some that are mounted on a pedstal and then when unlocked can spin around.

Maybe that would be the answer. Take a look at some of the RV's and 5er's that have the tv that spins around from the bedroom to the main living area and maybe that could be used.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Postmaster

RV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant future
I used an articulate mount for several years in one of our motor homes without a problem with a 22" set. I just made sure to collapse it all the way back when traveling. I have also used one and just took the TV off when we went down the road in our travel trailer. It is pretty easy to slip the TV off the mount.

Steve
2010 F150 super cab, box stock, bed slide, ARE bed cover
Old 08-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Posting Legend

I just may do that...a 24-32" flat screen doesn't weigh anywhere NEAR that of a 25" CRT!!!!

Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Elder User

rattleNsmoke is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are several manufacturers that use arms that pull out and swivel. I saw one that pulled wayyy out and pivoted almost 180 degrees and could be viewed outside thru the screen door!
Wifey with a ton of patience
Old 08-28-2011, 06:52 AM
Posting Guru

mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I got my articulated mount at Sams Club. Heavy duty mount, no problems at all with vibration. It also tilts up and down something like 20 degrees, -5 to +15. $50 which isn't bad from other prices I've seen.

Found a link, OmniBasics Full Motion Mount for 19" - 47" TVs - Sam's Club
Dads 87 F-250
4x4-5sp 6.9 Turbo
73,000 original miles
Old 08-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Buy American

c125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputation
I use an articulated mount but wouldn't move the camper without taking the TV off the mount. I wrap it in a small blanket and secure it under the bed. I bought 2 of them and rigged up one to work outside under the awning. I installed the mount in a storage locker, connected cable to the camper system, open the door, swing out the mount, drop the TV into it and kick back. So far no issues.
4" Exhaust no Muffler, AIS Stage 1 Intake, Trans cooler
Member - Roadside Help Network http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 08-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Elder User

perryg114 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here is a place that might have something that will work for you. You can do some searches yourself because my search may not have gotten all of them.

Search results for articulated TV mounts

Perry
Old 08-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Posting Legend

If I need to remove the TV from ANY mount for moving, I'll stick to NO mount at all and use just the foot mount that comes with the TV......and save myself up to 100 bucks.....

Old 08-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Postmaster

RV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant futureRV_Tech has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
If I need to remove the TV from ANY mount for moving, I'll stick to NO mount at all and use just the foot mount that comes with the TV......and save myself up to 100 bucks.....
The industry uses these things all over the place and there is one manufacturer that specializes in them. I don't think there is much of a problem. All I ever did with mine was push it back to the wall and tightened it so it stayed in place.

Of course, just using the foot is simple enough and cheaper.

Steve
Old 08-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Buy American

c125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputationc125bob has a superb reputation
It may be OK to run with the TV in the mount. I just don't want to chance it, there are lot of things that can go wrong and only one thing that can go right ! Simple and easy to slide it in and out and it saves counter space for me. It's a personal preference I guess.
4" Exhaust no Muffler, AIS Stage 1 Intake, Trans cooler
Member - Roadside Help Network http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by c125bob View Post
It may be OK to run with the TV in the mount. I just don't want to chance it, there are lot of things that can go wrong and only one thing that can go right ! Simple and easy to slide it in and out and it saves counter space for me. It's a personal preference I guess.
I agree. Everone does things differently. I haven't heard of any problems, but who knows?

Steve
Old 08-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Towing, Trailers & 5th Wheels

Tags
2011, bed, camper, curtq20, f250, install, large, lid, mount, mounting, mounts, rv, truck, tv