Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Elder User

JimG1098 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.JimG1098 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Possible new fender needed

Hi gang.
There is a possibility that I may need a new left front fender for a 1954 F-750. If I do, what years are interchangeable and what series would fit.

Media blasted the fender and it has been hit at one time. Not teribly bad, but more then I know how to do.. My thought process is I may have to pay a good body man a bunch of hours, OR find a fender that is in good shape and blast it, The right fender is in great shape, and there is no rust on any part of the truck. Looks like virgin steel.
Jim G 1098

My parts CD got destroyed and I have not replaced it yet
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...ire-truck.html
Empire H&L Co.No.1, Nyack FD, 1965-2001

Last edited by JimG1098; 08-25-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: addition
Old 08-25-2011, 11:19 PM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
If it's just minor dent-type body damage, a good bodyman could probably whip it into shape for what a good fender would cost you. The trick will be finding a good fender that doesn't need more repair than the one you have, reasonably close by you don't have to pay a lot extra to ship to you. Unless it's folded up like a pretzel, I'd look to repair before replacing, especially if it's reasonably rust free. That's just as expensive to fix as dents, and maybe moreso.

I'm not sure what the interchange is for an F-750, as my books don't go that high, but if it's anything like the earlier trucks, you'll have to be looking for a 'Big Job" truck for a replacement. And those don't grow on trees. ;-)

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:19 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks