Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Diesel Discussion SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Posting Guru

USArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud of
Dewain Zeglin Fluffythund3r
Cummins Swap

I was looking at swaping in a 5.9l cummins into a 74' F250 High boy and i was wondering if any one of yall had done this at all and had a list of parts needed for the swap I plan on buying a junked truck to pull the engine and wiring and ect... I planned on mating it to a E4OD tranny with the adapter plate on the engine to be able to use a standard bell housing.

Any input would be greatly appriecated.

And before I get any brand name haters Ford does use cummins the the larger trucks as an option.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Posting Guru

monckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to behold
Use the search function, there is plenty of info in the forums.

Good swap. No one I've heard of hates on Cummins. I kinda wish some DID, so I could score one cheap to try in one of my spare Fords.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Post Fiend

Lazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to all
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/77...-crew-cab.html
Have a read here.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Posting Guru

USArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud ofUSArmyTaterness has much to be proud of
Thanks that helps a bit.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Posting Guru

mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mistakenID is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There are several cummins swaps going on in the engine swaps section here Engine Swaps - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

I have a 93' industrial 5.9 bought direct from cummins. Finding a complete donor vehicle is an easier solution.
Dads 87 F-250
4x4-5sp 6.9 Turbo
73,000 original miles
Old 08-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Posting Guru

Thanks for the info I will hop on over and read a bit.Yea I was thinking about that especially since I want a newer like 03 to 05 common rail so I am going to need some wiring.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Posting Guru

nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.nevrenufhp has a good reputation on FTE.
The E40D is going to need some major upgrades to handle that. Destroked has most of the specialty parts you need.
98 Jetta VR6
82 Mercedes 300SD, fuel screw adjusted.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Posting Guru

Yeah I know it should be fun though to get to the power levels I want it is definitely gonna have to be forged parts not billet ya know other wise I am gonna snap input shafts left and right explode gears and rip bell housings.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Junior User

philofab is starting off with a positive reputation.
A stock E4OD will handle a stock Cummins without a problem.

It can be upgraded to handle 1,000 ft pounds.

Lots of info on these sites:

http://www.4btswaps.com/
Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

Destroked or Ford Cummins will have the parts you need.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > General Diesel Discussion

Tags
bronco, cummiins, cummins, dentside, engine, f250, ford, industrial, motor, parts, swap, swaping, swaps, swop, truck