Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ohio Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RUNVS

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Post Fiend

F2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud ofF2504x4 has much to be proud of
Late Night Gremlins and McGiverness wins

Well another interesting night....back story buddy's 02 E250 5.4 van broke down, i get the call to figure it out, long story short , i figure it is the fuel pump..but something bothers me about that being the real culprit. Anyways another friend comes over drops the tank (yea that is a fun job with a almost full tank) and puts the pump in ,and it fires up and runs, that was four days ago.
Well today i get a call it is broke again, hmm well i did my research both on here and through google this evening to see if i over looked something...really did not find anything new that i was not checking....but in one thread i found they were discussing the same issues related to fuel pumps...well someone jumped and posted a couple lines saying he found a broken pin in the connector that goes to the fuel pump assembly and posts a picture of it...well i knida briefly looked at it then continued to skimmed through the rest of the thread.....anyways i leave and head over to check out the van again...go through everything , relays, fuses pcm etc etc...but on a whim i decided to pull the wiring connectors apart and look at it...yep sure as snot in the four pin connector just like in the picture , one was broken...go figure one random post in a thread i skimmed had the answer..the Mcgiver in me just had to fix it. grabbed a piece wire cable (stuff you use in house wiring ) stripped a piece of copper maybe a little less then 1/4" long , then put it in the female side of the connector , snapped the plug together ,turn the key to the on position and "viola" the fuel pump kicks on...then go for the gusto and try to start it..."Yea" it runs....

I would be willing to say that if it was taken to a garage it would have been a very hefty bill due the amount time they would have spent replacing parts and chasing down this gremlin ...

Oh btw i will be replacing the plug with a new one just in case my McGiverness fix does not hold up to father time...

Some say a picture is worth a thousand words, in this case , it saved a about a thousand dollars
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Posting Guru

bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bmuhlbach is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I hope you gave him a rep. for saving your sanity and time!!!!!!!.Could you post the info my nephew has a 02 E350 that so far has the sparkplug blowing out issue but so far that's it 150,000 miles on it.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Ohio Chapter