Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

Another new member to the chapter: 02ranch250

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Start an "off topic thread" for them & someone make a new account each month as a new member so we can BS?

In other news, found me a 1 ton. 85 chassis cab with a dump bed. regular cab, 161" wheelbase. 6.9 IDI & a 4 speed. Im good for a small loan at the bank plus a little from savings to go ahead & get it. Then I just gotta sell my 82 F250.

Old 08-29-2011, 11:15 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I sent a PM to one of the guys that's spamming us on a regular bases. He's comment was "just trying to keep the thread moving along". Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see activity in the monthly thread...but the crap they do has pretty much killed the monthly threads.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
I sent a PM to one of the guys that's spamming us on a regular bases. He's comment was "just trying to keep the thread moving along". Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see activity in the monthly thread...but the crap they do has pretty much killed the monthly threads.
Just a bunch of post count *****s trying to outdo the others Guess we'll have to have 2 BS threads, one for us and one for the spammers

Old 08-29-2011, 02:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
I wonder if 02ranch250 is asking he's self "what the crap did I just get myself into?".
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Just a bunch of post count *****s trying to outdo the others
Yeah, I call that BS as well. There is several other threads out there to run your post count up that aren't state chapter specific. The sad part, I asked this person what their goal was...what is the post number they're trying to get to. That's when he replied "just trying to keep the thread moving". Maybe it's time to get more than one chapter & chapter leader involved. I'm not saying we need to unionize...I'm just suggesting we might need to reach out to our fellow members in other chapters to see if we can put a stop to this crap.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with guys from out of state joining us in the monthly thread. But the spam they're doing has gotten out of hand.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with guys from out of state joining us in the monthly thread. But the spam they're doing has gotten out of hand.
I agree with them stopping in occasionally to say hi, but several of them posting daily really just clutters up a month long thread. IIRC one of them was asked a while back to stop, and he did until a member of the admin started doing the same thing. As long as they are spamming the BS threads, I'll just stay away
02ranch250, please don't think we are out to get you, just venting about an ongoing problem on the forums

Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
02ranch250
Freshman User
i dont have a problem with any of this i cant stand going through and trying to read information and then someone goes and post in there just to put there 2 cents in.
it makes no since at all. I dont care how high my post count is i think its more about trying to help each other out.

Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 02ranch250
i dont have a problem with any of this i cant stand going through and trying to read information and then someone goes and post in there just to put there 2 cents in.
Well, the problem is it's a couple of guys (one of which works for Internet Brands, who owns FTE) posting messages to the effect of "Happy Hump Day"....and that's it. If it was something to the effect of "how is everyone in Arkansas today" or comment on a photo someone posted a couple of posts back...that wouldn't bother me. I think it was last month that there was 3 or 4 days were no one who lives in Ark...posted anything in the month BS thread. Yet the spammers had posted several times...one of them three different times. When someone pointed out to them they might need to tone it down/back off a little...that comment must have fallen on deaf ears.

Oh well, I guess we can keep welcoming new members each month if that's what it will take.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
02ranch250
Freshman User
yea i noticed that guy in there i thought it seemed odd that he would post that stuff and nothing else

Old 08-29-2011, 09:06 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
if you look at the guilty party's profiles, "keeping the thread moving" is the majority of what they do..

How do they have time to post in all the chapter threads? Copy and paste I'm guessing

let me see where I can get with this

Old 08-29-2011, 09:08 PM
02ranch250
Freshman User
it would be nice if only members of the chapter could post in the chapter threads

Old 08-29-2011, 09:09 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
yea i noticed that guy in there i thought it seemed odd that he would post that stuff and nothing else
Your catching on fast young grasshopper!

Just for the sake of discussion, do you actually live in Texarkana or somewhere near there? Like say Ogden or Fouke. I've got a buddy that lives on the northend of town on the Tex side near Forrest Lake...I think that's what the park is called. I know you turn next to a Meeks Lumber kind of place right off of Hwy 71. So between him and a former employer that was in Ashdown...I've spent a little bit of time in Texarkana.

I've been told that folks that live in Texarkana, AR don't pay income tax since Texas doesn't collect it.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
02ranch250
Freshman User
i live between texarkana and fouke. i think i know the place your talking about. i go to ashdown 2-3 times a week because a good lady friend of mine lives up there.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:15 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
i live between texarkana and fouke.
Did they every find any more evidence of the Fouke monster/swap creature? When I was working out of Nashville (into Ashdown & back) I had heard all about him/it a couple of times. Even saw the documentary someone produced of it...including late '70s cars and "style". I know gators exsist down in that area...seen them a couple of times in the spillway for Millwood. But I never saw the Fouke creature.
i think i know the place your talking about. i go to ashdown 2-3 times a week because a good lady friend of mine lives up there.
Better watch out for them folks in Ashdown...they're a wild bunch on a Friday & Saturday night

Old 08-30-2011, 02:44 PM
1996pwrstrk
Cargo Master
Welcome glad ya found us, you maybe sorry you did . But we do try and have some fun around here.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:37 PM
02ranch250
Freshman User
the story behind the fouke monster that i have heard and it the most believable is that a long time ago a circus train derailed around fouke. All of the animals got killed or go loose from the the wreckage. Most of the animals were retrieved but not all of the monkeys and gorillas. So more than likely it was a gorilla form the wreck.

Yea i know a few of those crazy ashdown people.

Quick Reply: Another new member to the chapter: 02ranch250