Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Senior User

deadsenator is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Paying for Bio at the pump: How much?

Well, I enjoy burning Bio when I can, but the only local source for me seems to be a Shell station carrying B99. I've filled up quite a few times, but all dino-fuel prices spiked for summer, they raised the price an entire dollar and still sits there. $7/gal gets much more difficult to justify when dino-diesel is back down below $4/gal. For a 40 gallons, when the difference was a dollar and a half, it was not so hard to choose. Now, it is.

So, why is it so high? Merely because they are the only game in my locality? Is B99 (or whatever bio) priced so high for others? I feel like calling them up and asking them to lower the price, because I get the feeling it's artificially being held there.

Thanks for any input y'all might have.

Reliable | Fast | Cheap -- Pick two.

Join the Warshington FTE Chapter
Old 09-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Posting Guru

89LX306 has a good reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a good reputation on FTE.89LX306 has a good reputation on FTE.
$7/gallon!? Yikes. I'm paying $3.25 for B100. It's cheaper here than ULSD.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Senior User

deadsenator is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yah, I have avoided filling there since I think they know they are the only game in town. I want to burn Bio, but the next non-commercial bio pump is 30 miles away.

I paid $3.88 for dino instead.

Reliable | Fast | Cheap -- Pick two.

Join the Warshington FTE Chapter
Old 09-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Posting Guru

Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.Rose Clifford has a great reputation on FTE.
SirJohnStone DiggityDooDanks
$3.79 in Acton, MA for B100. B100 fron Newport Biodiesel (RI) is $3.50 last I checked
Old 09-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
ADM has a biodiesel plant (virgin soybean oil) near where I'm working here in Missouri; so I'm hoping once they get up to full speed production there will be higher ratios available near me. The highest I can get is B5 at the MFA pumps. Though their bulk fuel manager told me if I could have a tank set at my house they'd more than happily sell me a load of B20. The B5 is 3-4 cents cheaper than the dino stations, but that's more than likely because of lower overhead. I asked the guy at MFA several times if they have any plans to sell/offer B99/B100...I made sure he understood I was very interested in buying it. But they only seem to be interested in using it to blend during the warmer months.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 10-25-2011, 10:41 PM
New User

OldAndBusted is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ouch. B-100 is 3.65 cash price at the only game in town in Austin, Texas which is, supposedly, a really green city.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Posting Guru

JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.
... B10 is the best I can get @$5/gal, when strait diesel is $3.82. I'm jealous.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:31 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels