Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2011, 09:40 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
Honest opinions about Nebraska.

Hey guys, my name is Shaun and I'm an unfaithful Florida resident. I hate it here. I'm planning on leaving Florida after I finish college. I'm seriously considering moving to your neck of the woods so I can be more central to Midwestern Agriculture. My degree is in Agribusiness Management, and agriculture is pretty much non-existent in Florida, aside from Oranges and Horses. I have a deep family history of Agriculture, and I have a passion for working with animals, so you can see that I'm not really happy in Florida. I have family around Indiana and South Dakota, and I loved both places. But I really took a liking to Nebraska. However I've only been through Nebraska in the summer, so I have no idea what it's like in the winter time. I'd also like to know how open Nebraska is in terms of land, and what the sense of community is like. Oh, and what are the auto salvage yards like as far as the older trucks like my F100 are concerned? And if you guys can think of anything else that I should know, feel free to tell me. I'd greatly appreciate it.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 08-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Postmaster

fordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to allfordnut forever is a name known to all
Shaun,saw your post and figured i'd say a few words, sound like you would fit in w/your ag background,gets cold here in winter but can be handled,plenty of these old fords for parts,ect,pretty laid back here,no rat races unless you get in a big city,any questions just ask,i'd not move from here for anything or anyone,great state
Old 08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Shaun, like Randy said, it can get pretty cold here in the winter. But, it's a great place to live, lot's of nice small towns to settle into, and there are plenty of us around to help you find parts! If you're into agriculture, this would be a great place for you to come to!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys! I have no problem with the cold at all, I actually prefer it. I will need to grab some heavier coats though.lol. We don't get much worse than 30* at our coldest time of the year, and I know you guys get way colder than that. I'm glad to hear Agriculture is still a way of life there, I think I'd be much happier there. I was born and raised in Florida, however I feel really homesick because of my roots and I'm just not happy here at all. I imagine that since you guys mentioned big cities, there are quite a few bigger hospitals around there. That's what my mom does, so we'd need to find something for her to do too since I'm bringing her with me.

I really appreciate the insight guys.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 08-25-2011, 05:05 PM
that guy

diesel-fitter-bum01 has a good reputation on FTE.diesel-fitter-bum01 has a good reputation on FTE.
Tyler Murphy
Cold winters,humid summers,makes for bonfires,drift bustin,mud runnin,and anything else you can think of. Not much for events of any caliber here though. Small town events,fairs yearly shows. I wouldn't move again I know that though. Lived in Kansas for 8 years,didn't like it at all. My 2c
Mine E99 F-350 sc sb 4x4 updated to L99,308K,FF 250's,arp,uppies,T-500,RR,HPX,4" straightpipe,T4/s366,built trans,airdog,swamps hf/hv,fuel sump,melling lpop,water inj,and DP F6 tunes. lots of little stuff. 01 Ex & 02 ccsb
Old 08-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel-fitter-bum01 View Post
Cold winters,humid summers,makes for bonfires,drift bustin,mud runnin,and anything else you can think of. Not much for events of any caliber here though. Small town events,fairs yearly shows. I wouldn't move again I know that though. Lived in Kansas for 8 years,didn't like it at all. My 2c
Humidity is nothing new for me, we have more of that in Florida than we care to. Events don't really matter since I find more peace in working on my trucks, the occasional fair is great but isn't necessary. Thanks for the insight!
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 08-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Well, Shaun, we'd be happy to welcome you here!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery

Old 08-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97nukeford View Post
Well, Shaun, we'd be happy to welcome you here!
Thanks Pat!
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 08-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

Keep us up to date, Shaun. Funny thing is, there was a story in the Omaha paper this weekend, on the amount of people that were moving here from Florida and Arizona!LOL

Old 08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Postmaster

Will do Pat! I still have a year left of college down here at the least, so it will still be awhile.

I bet that was an interesting read. lol. Usually it's the other way around! The economy in Florida has really gone down hill fast, so that has plenty to do with it. Plenty of people are moving back to where they came from because Florida revolves around Tourism and Health Care, and the Tourism industry has declined, and health care is just way too darn expensive.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 08-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Postmaster

RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.RedUgly77 has a great reputation on FTE.
to help you figure out a little more about if Nebraska would be a good fit, what do you plan to do with your degree when you are done at college, do you want to be a Animal Vet or do you want to work on a ranch? what kind of animals do you want to work with? do you want to work with crops at all such as corn or soybeans by chance? The eastern part of the state has the most population. the Western part of the state is sometimes refered to as the sand hills. lots of HUGE ranches out there. Lots of good lakes to fish on if you like that or go boating. a few rivers to play in as well.

1956 F-100 //// 1997 Ranger XLT
-Dallas
Nebraska
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM
Postmaster

My degree will be in Agribusiness Management, which I'm hoping will keep me open to the business side of Agriculture, but also to the blue collar side as well. My ideal job would be something where I can work at a desk, but still be able to work with the animals. As long as I have those two factors, I'll be happy. As for crops/animals, I'd like to work with both if I can.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 08-30-2011, 01:14 PM