Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Elder User

650 is starting off with a positive reputation.
7.3 diesel wiring diagram

I was thinking about a 7.3 motor swap in the future and was wondering about the wiring. If anyone on here has a copy of the whole wiring diagram for a 1996 FORD with a 7.3 and could post it up or knows of where I could find one online for free, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Post Fiend

bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.
Autozone.com has free wiring diagrams
Old 08-20-2011, 03:25 AM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
it is not an easy swap as in just changing a few wires. you will need the complete in cab and under dash wiring harness plus the computer and instrument cluster out of the diesel truck. nothing is the same on the gas and diesel trucks.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:40 AM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
Get a donor truck as you will need a lot of parts to do this.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Post Fiend

Lazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to allLazy K is a name known to all
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94...p-started.html
Here is a link to a thread by a guy who has done it. Makes good reading.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Elder User

650 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you all for the answers. I would do something like this in the future and was just curious as to the wiring end of it. The rest i think wouldn`t bee too hard. Anyways I finally decided to bite the bullet and just buy a manual. So I went to the local autozone and grabbed a Haynes catalog. So I leafed through it to make sure it had a wiring diagram for a 96 7.3 only to find out they don`t show a diagram for a 7.3. So any suggestions where else to get one? Thanks again for any info.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:47 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
1983, 1996, 2002, 73, diagram, diesel, engine, f350, ford, location, schematic, sencors, td27, truck, wiring