Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

September BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 10:13 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RocketMonkey28
I usually go up this weekend every year for the air races, but committed to this track day this weekend instead.
Might be a good thing that you missed it this year.
What a tragic thing to happen.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hiya Guys!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! Mines going great.

I'm feeling good (so far), have a potential job interview coming up with a local hospital (gotta love blood & guts), & we're heading to Dayton Valley Days for good food, fun, entertainment, & a car show. I wanted to enter Olfthfl, but decided not to this year. Just can't afford it & she's not ready.
I could do a quick wash job i guess & jump start her, but then I'd still have to come up w/ the entry fee. Oh well, next year! It'll be fun either way.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakebrake
Yes...I agree. I must say I am a little dissapointed in the local news commentators...a lot of speculation on their part as to possible causes and it is plainly apparent that they know little of what they are talking about. Rather than blabber about things they don't understand they should just shut up. I finally had to just turn the TV off. My sympathy to all those deceased or harmed at the event.

So right!

A Reno weatherman offering opinions based on his flawed understanding.

Getting the pilots age wrong for hours before it was corrected.

And so far none of the explanations I've heard really make sense.

Pictures of the P-51 Mustang in the nose down attitude show the plane intact before impact. My wife pointed out you cannot see the pilot in those shots, but I don't know if that is normal or not.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:05 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good afternoon everyone. 4 more days to work then I am on Vacation.

It is sad to hear about the accident. My prayers go out to those who were killed and injured.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:10 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
Any special plans for vacation Jeff?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:13 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going to pull the busted E40D out and put a ZF5 in. I have everything I need to get the transmission in. After it is in I just have small things to get to finish the job.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:45 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just read about the incident yesterday after my wife showed me the info on Yahoo News. It's just sad to see that it happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those involved and their families.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:51 AM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Happy Monday everyone!

Such an awful thing to happen. We had friends that were actually walking to their seats when it happened, they would have been sitting right there too. I do hope this doesn't mean the end of the races for good though.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
R1_Demon
Elder User
I hope not either Racerchick.

On a lighter note, I might be going to look at a couple of aquariums today (if the people write me back) to replace my current one.

I currently have a 46 gallon bowfront, but have been wanting to replace it with a bigger one for a while now. A couple of years ago I bought a gorgeous 90 gallon off of craigslist as a Christmas present to myself and started building it up for saltwater fish. I had it almost done, but unfortunately fell on hard times and had to sell my tank setup (and my PS3 setup too. LOL). I'm stillll bummed about having to sell that tank setup. It was gorgeous. I even still have the pictures from it too.

Anyway, so I was making a comment to the wife about it yesterday and she gave me the green light to look for another (within a reasonable price range) to build again. She likes the 46 we have now and wouldn't mind a bigger one.

So, a few 135 gallon tanks have caught my eye. One person text me pictures and I text them back late last night about seeing it today, but haven't heard back yet. However, since then, I found a couple of others that I like a bit better and they have been on there a little longer, so I'm hoping that they aren't gone and they might want to deal to get rid of them.

So, we'll see what happens. The bad thing is, I can be impatient. There is one in particular that I really want to hear back from, but I can only wait for them to email back. Only one of the three that I want to look at has a phone number and that is the person I contacted already and that is kind of my 3rd choice of them all. So, I'm trying to wait on hearing from the other two before I contact the person from last night again, BUT I also don't want to lose it if the other two are already gone or won't deal. Ugggghhh! LOL

Old 09-19-2011, 02:28 PM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Hey everyone...
I hope everyone had a good weekend. Still hard to believe what happened. Wow. Godspeed. But we did okay on our bikes out at the track. Only had one incident out of the three of us. Our new 636 is friggen awesome. I sure have a lot of learning to do. I hope every ones Monday goes as well as it possibly can!

Old 09-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I give up. What's a 636?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Limited edition Kawasaki Street Bike I think?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:45 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Happy Monday Guys!
Hope this week starts out quickly, because I can hardly wait till Street Vibrations 2011!

Anyone coming to the Reno/Virginia City Street Vibrations Sept. 21- 25?
I believe the Virginia City titty parade is Saturday. Come on out & earn some beads! I'll be there checking it out...real or fake? Hmm!
Hope to see you there.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:54 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Mat - We have one of those 46-48 Gal. tanks that you have & we've even considered going bigger. Ours is freshwater though. We both want salt water fish, but we don't have the first clue on how to take care of one. Hubby wants a lion fish & I want a dog fish puffer. My son wants some kind of hawaiian fish & my daughter likes the ones that look like "Nemo". Good luck in your ventures finding one.I'll keep my eyes/ears open if anything comes along, I'll let you know - if you willing to travel to get it?! Yah, you could make a weekend vacation out of it! LOL!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:09 PM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Sorry about that, its an 04 Kawasaki ZX6R 636. Not sure why the extra 36 cc's, but dang, she's a runner. They made the regular 600 at the same time, and made these for only a handful of years. I'll try and get a pic up later tonight.

Quick Reply: September BS Thread