Hey, I'll ride it for you Mat!

Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 67 Olfthfl
Goodmorning guys!

Have a great Thursday!

Bruce - LOL!...thanks for the compliment. If you ever need help moving anything, let me know!
I'd like to get my marketing plan moving, does that count?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:57 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
Hey, I'll ride it for you Mat!
Hehehehe

Old 09-16-2011, 12:48 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey everyone.

Not sure if this will work but here is a pic. Not sure what happened but all I can say is ouch

OK, posting the pic did not work. So here is the ebay page.
87-90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 FORD F250 REAR AXLE ASSEMBLY | eBay

Old 09-16-2011, 10:15 AM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Good morning everyone! A beautiful morning here in the desert.

Bruce, how is Tahoe? Cooling off I imagine. I love love love it up there. I went to school in Reno, and am a fan, which causing some "lively" conversation down here in Rebel country. Not that I don't love me some Rebels. I usually go up this weekend every year for the air races, but committed to this track day this weekend instead. I'd really consider going north again, if I could work it all out.

Hey Mat, hows the eyeballs? I've been wearing glasses since fourteen, but have been to chicken to have my peepers cut on.....

That truck in the ebay post is incredible. Wow! That's straight out of Hollywood!

Old 09-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Good morning gang!

We have had a string of fabulous days up here. Mostly in the seventies with peaks into the eighties.
A few small but refreshing rains too.

Have a great day.

Did you notice that it is FRIDAY?

Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
I'd like to get my marketing plan moving, does that count?

Hmm...maybe! But just for you... Seriously though, if you know of anyone hiring in the carson area, let me know please.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:07 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi Guys & Michelle
TGIF! The weekend is finally about to start.
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Sorry I haven't been around much. After playing rodeo cowgirl & getting bucked off my horse, I've been trying to recover & doing as little as possible, as certain lifting or movement would literally stop me in my tracks. I think I had/have more injuries than I thought - Lft. thigh, Rt. low back & Rt. hip/pelvis, but I can't afford to go get Xrays/CT scans. So, I guess I just deal with it!

Finally able to get out & about (so long as my 4runner has gas in it) to look for jobs for unemployment. Boy, are they sticklers about every little thing! Oh well, they're just doing their job too!

Old 09-16-2011, 02:05 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Originally Posted by RocketMonkey28

Hey Mat, hows the eyeballs? I've been wearing glasses since fourteen, but have been to chicken to have my peepers cut on.....
Hey there Rocket,

Doing well so far. Can't complain. Only bad thing is, that I'm supposed to stay off the bike for another couple of weeks per the doc. He is just being super cautious and doesn't want anything bad to happen and wants my eyes to really heal up before I throw a helmet on.

Are you hitting the trackday this weekend at LVMS (17/18th) with TrackTactics? If so, I have some friends going out there (Sin City Sportbikes crew) to ride that track this weekend. Believe me, I wish I could afford it (and the doc gave me the thumbs up as well) to hit the track. My last trackday was Nov of 2010. It's killing me not to have hit a track all this year. Unfortunately, I have plans Sat and Sun, but I still might try and drop by to say hi to them, so if you happen to see my red 03 F150 out there with a plate with my screen name on it, come over and say howdy to me.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Hey Mat, you didn't mention your vision! How is it?

Old 09-16-2011, 04:20 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Oooops...I kind of meant that by my first comment there, but it wasn't specific. LOL

It's going very well. I can see 20/20 at this time without any issues. I'm off the anti-biotic/anti-inflammatory drops that I had to use after surgery. I don't have any light sensitivity and I see fine at night. I have minimal halos at night, but I had that with contacts as well. Plus, my eyes are still healing, so they said that will diminish over the next month or two and my vision should get sharper as that happens as well.

I just make sure to keep my eyes lubricated with wetting drops to make sure they don't dry out (especially here in Vegas with all the dirt flying around) and such, but that's about it. Even then, I don't have to use the drops like I did the first week or so. Yesterday has only been 2 weeks since the surgery, so I'm doing very well.

My next follow up appointment with the doctor is Oct 11th (basically a month after my last follow up appt). But so far, things have felt really good and it's awesome to wake up without having to put glasses or contacts in. Or even having to go take my contacts out just to take a nap.

I'm extremely happy thus far with how things are going and how I can see. Only thing that is driving me nuts is waiting to get back on the bike; especially since the temps here have dropped a bit into the mid 90's. But I'd rather be safe than sorry and follow the doc's advice and stay off the bike for a month after surgery. Figure it can't hurt; only help.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
RocketMonkey28
Senior User
Unless something drastic happens, we'll be out there tomorrow. I'll have my regular riding buddy with me on his black/silver GSXR750, and I'll have my new (?) 04 Kawasaki 636 freshly painted all white. I bought her wrecked, so this is the first ride after all the repairs. Everything seems okay so far. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. I think we'll have my step son in the novice school as well, on his GS500. We'll probably have the F350 with our little trailer, so please stop by if you make it out. I do enjoy the classic course, and am anxious to see how the 636 feels. Lots to learn. I've never road raced an asian bike, just European stuff. I'm so used to my ol Duc, kinda like a comfy old pair of jeans.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:38 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Good stuff!

Well, the wife and I are going hiking in RRC tomorrow, but I'm not sure when. I'd like to go in the morning when it's cooler, but it doesn't always work out that way. But if so, then I'll drop by in the afternoon and see if I can find ya. Are you going to be riding in C group? (I forgot what they call it with TrackTactics - Arai, I think - the slowest group. LOL) or do you ride in B or A? This way if I get there and know what group is out there, I can look for an all white 636 and watch ya come into the pits to say hi if I don't see ya sitting in the pits.

If I had track access, I would say that I'd be the guy with the big camera walking around the pits and the track taking pictures, so it would be easier to find me, but I won't be having my camera equipment with me since I don't have track access.

Anyway, I'll do my best to drop by and say hi if I make it out there whenever you all are running tomorrow.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:42 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good morning Nevada...hard to watch the videos from Reno.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Tim
Good morning Nevada...hard to watch the videos from Reno.
Yes...I agree. I must say I am a little dissapointed in the local news commentators...a lot of speculation on their part as to possible causes and it is plainly apparent that they know little of what they are talking about. Rather than blabber about things they don't understand they should just shut up. I finally had to just turn the TV off. My sympathy to all those deceased or harmed at the event.

Quick Reply: September BS Thread