Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Finally found the post & picture by Rockledge, on the super cab wiring harness chaffing problem. http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/31...und-today.html

Edit: Here is a is a link to the TSB 00-5-4 that Rockledge posted.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/26...ml#post1810777

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 10-03-2011, 02:11 PM

pawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to beholdpawpaw is a splendid one to behold
Bump: Did you ever find the cause of your intermittent fuel pump power code????

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 06-15-2014, 05:04 PM
New User

Dazzlin' Dave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Similar problem...

This thread is the only one that I could find that was close to my problem.
I have a '94 Splash Std Cab w/4.0L Auto
It started having an issue, after a couple of minutes of driving I had less than 5% throttle, with more throttle it will bog more, then full throttle it starts spitting and popping in the intake. I thought I had a vacuum leak, but when i checked with starter fluid, everywhere, there was no sign of any leaks (if you try this be VERY careful!! Do it with the engine cold!! This stuff is extremely flammable!!). The second day this prob started I was halfway to the tire shop to get some new rubber on the new Center Lines I had in the bed, was NOT gonna leave it roadside with $766 worth of NIB wheels in the back! So I limped it down the road, got my wheels on, then when i started it back up it had full throttle! On the way home it started doing it again, bogging at more than 5% throttle and would only do 20-30mph... threw it in neutral and cut the engine, started it back up and it was alive again. I replaced the MAF, then a 2nd one thinking I had a bad part. Looking for other issues I found the leads on one o2 sensor had gotten on the exhaust pipe, charred one of the wires but not burnt through. On the other side the o2 lead had chaffed on the shifter linkage and the black wire was shorting on the linkage. I replaced both o2 sensors but it still has the same problem, after a couple of minutes running it dies off beyond 5% throttle. With the MAF unplugged it will run, with rough idle and sometimes dies at a stop in drive. Up to half throttle it runs rough but will pick up a little, up to 75% throttle, but from there to full throttle it screams...
I'm sure it's an electronic issue, seems with everything plugged in it will run fine until it switches into closed loop. If I assume correctly, with the MAF unplugged it's forcing it to run in open loop? I checked the TPS with a multimeter and the ohms rose steadily and evenly as I opened the throttle...
Someone suggested low fuel pressure, but I can hear the pump build pressure and shut off as normal, also if it was fuel pressure it would be a constant problem right? Not go away if it's restarted...
Scratching my head to bleeding at this point!
Old 06-15-2014, 05:04 PM