Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Senior User

wp6529 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.wp6529 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by senix View Post
EGT sensor used to be covered because of the part #. Ford changed to a non-covered part #.
If the warranty book that was provided with the owner's manual when you bought the truck says the EGT sensors are covered, they *are* covered. Do not back down, Ford cannot reduce the warranty coverage that they commited to when they sold you the truck.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 AM
New User

DFHall is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp6529 View Post
If the warranty book that was provided with the owner's manual when you bought the truck says the EGT sensors are covered, they *are* covered. Do not back down, Ford cannot reduce the warranty coverage that they commited to when they sold you the truck.

Mne is in the shop right now, service writer tells me 650.00 for the sensor alone!
I checked online theres a you tube video of one being changed out in about 1hr. Part is readily availble at many deisel parts providers for under 100.00, 57.00 one shop. Its a screw into the DPF on the sensor end and plug it into the harness on the other end!
I guess Ford has forgotten the meaning of the word "Service".
This is straight up robbery!
I may b e missing something, Is there some complex procedure that has to be done to clear the check engine light following replacing one of these?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFHall View Post
Mne is in the shop right now, service writer tells me 650.00 for the sensor alone!
I checked online theres a you tube video of one being changed out in about 1hr. Part is readily availble at many deisel parts providers for under 100.00, 57.00 one shop. Its a screw into the DPF on the sensor end and plug it into the harness on the other end!
I guess Ford has forgotten the meaning of the word "Service".
This is straight up robbery!
I may b e missing something, Is there some complex procedure that has to be done to clear the check engine light following replacing one of these?

I'm pretty sure you just swap the new one in and go.

Battery disconnect at most.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...-it-costs.html
Old 12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkland View Post
I'm pretty sure you just swap the new one in and go.

Battery disconnect at most.

This is off subject but I sure do like the look of that boat in your posts.
Where you fish that at?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Postmaster

vloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud ofvloney has much to be proud of
might check your warranty start date too, could be over on time.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Quote:
This is off subject but I sure do like the look of that boat in your posts.
Where you fish that at?
The lake is kootenay lake BC, and the boat was a rental.
Ever since that trip we've been looking at similar or slightly larger boats.
It was a steel 35 ft, had sleeping for 4, a kitchen, bathroom, and upper cabin, and burned about a gallon an hour driving 9 knots with a 60 hp isuzu running 1800 RPM.
I'd rather have a slow speed with lots of room, rather than a high speed limited space fuel guzzler.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Posting Guru

RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.RM2738 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Ford ended up covering the sensor. They kept arguing that this one sensor wasn't covered. What a joke. Oh well.

Also, the sensor and labor wouldn't have been more than $250.00 If I recall correctly. You can buy the sensors from Ford for $80 I think.
2010 F250 FX4 King Ranch 6.4L, SWB, 3.55 H&S Mini Maxx, S&B CAI, 4" Powerstroker67 downpipe, 4" aFe Exhaust, 2.5" Leveling Kit, Bilstein 5100's, Rancho Steering Stabikizer, DieselSite Coolant Filter, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 PM
New User

Quote:
The lake is kootenay lake BC, and the boat was a rental.
Ever since that trip we've been looking at similar or slightly larger boats.
It was a steel 35 ft, had sleeping for 4, a kitchen, bathroom, and upper cabin, and burned about a gallon an hour driving 9 knots with a 60 hp isuzu running 1800 RPM.
I'd rather have a slow speed with lots of room, rather than a high speed limited space fuel guzzler.

I figured that sky reminded me of the PNW. I spent ten years in Bellingham.
Now I fish out of Monterey Bay here in Sunnny CA.
I get a lot less of those grey skys every year.
I have a 28' sport fisherman with deisel power, Yanmar 315hp. Sips fuel.
Those tug style hulls and low speed deisel power are the way to go. Im with you on that, chug along and enjoy the ride. Hope you find a beauty your certainly in the right spot to find one.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
I figured that sky reminded me of the PNW. I spent ten years in Bellingham.
Now I fish out of Monterey Bay here in Sunnny CA.
I get a lot less of those grey skys every year.
I have a 28' sport fisherman with deisel power, Yanmar 315hp. Sips fuel.
Those tug style hulls and low speed deisel power are the way to go. Im with you on that, chug along and enjoy the ride. Hope you find a beauty your certainly in the right spot to find one.
Actually the only thing I was trying to catch was conveniently packed in the cooler on ice, 355 ml at a time.

I used to work commercial fishing, so dangling a hook in the water doesn't have much excitement left in it for me ...

Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
New User

Quote:
Actually the only thing I was trying to catch was conveniently packed in the cooler on ice, 355 ml at a time.

I used to work commercial fishing, so dangling a hook in the water doesn't have much excitement left in it for me ...

Yep thats what happens when you take an otherwise enjoyable experience and turn it into a business. I'll never fish, Hunt or have sex for money!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:54 PM
New User

Leon_D is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same problem with my truck needing a #3 Egt sensor. Ford wouldn't cover it so I replaced it myself. I had a bit of a snag though when it broke off in the pipe during removal. If that happens to you there is a solution on ebay where you can get a replacement threaded egt bung for these now.

Here is the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-style-exhaust-gas-temp-EGT-sensor-bung-for-Ford-Powerstroke-Diesel-6-4-6-7L-/141039388416

All you need to install a replacement egt bung ^^^ is a mig welder and you'll be set to go. The sensors are available online too and they're not too expensive compared to some of the things that have gone wrong on my last truck with a 6.0
Old 09-07-2013, 01:54 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
09, 100000, 2008, 64, 64l, covered, dpf, due, egt, exhaust, ford, powertrain, replace, sensor, sensors, warranty