6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

95 days out of service

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
fatheadon1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 days out of service

As the title states my 2011 f350 has been at a ford dealer for over 90 days and is there now with the newest problem being a blown rear. a lil back round on my truck it has 25000 miles on it and here is the history

My vehicle has been in Buhler Ford in Eatontown, NJ and Toms Ford in Keyport NJ on the following dates for repair of the
following defects:
10/07/2010 Power train vibration it was in for 1 days 5115 miles Buhler Ford in 10/07/11 out 10/08/11
10/10/2010 Power train vibration it was in for 1 day 5331 miles Toms Ford in 10/10/11 out 10/11/11
11/01/2010 Power train vibration and low fuel pressure clicking sound when shifting from drive to reverse it was in for 4 days 7164 miles Toms Ford in 11/01/11 out 11/05/11
11/23/2010 Power train vibration and clicking sound when shifting from drive to reverse it was in for 10 days miles 7155 Buhler Ford in 11/23/10 out 12/03/10
01/13/2011 Power train vibration, battery light, factory remote start not working
and smell of exhaust in cab 1 day miles 9555 Buhler Ford in 01/13/11 out 01/14/11
02/02/11 Power train vibration, batter light, transmission stuck in overdrive and transmission failure Buhler Ford it was for 16 days miles 14173 in 02/02/11 out 02/18/11
the truck is at the dealer as i type for the rear end, Power train vibration and clicking sound when shifting from drive to reverse the same sound it had on 11/23/2010. heres the Vin # 1FT8W3BT1BEA54097 for the guys that will say i dont own a truck or im bsing.

Now my problem is first i am a die hard for guy so it broke my heart last Monday to have my truck towed to the dealer. 2nd is i have made 3 months payments while my truck is sitting at the dealer. and 3rd i bought a new truck to have problem free miles and im pretty sure im not getting that. 4th and my bigest problem is ford seams to be ok with all of the above as iv done everything i can to get the truck fix or replaced short of trading it an and losing my shirt or lemon law witch i will lose 40% to a dirt bag lawyer. My question to you FTE guys is can anyone point me to someone at ford that will fix my truck or help me get one that will sit in my driveway and not the ford dealer?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Wow...you have quite the string of bad luck with that truck! Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully someone here will be able to help you get this figured out...

Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
HMMMM.....how come the claim on Feb.14 charges Ford for spark plugs?

Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
fatheadon1
Junior User
Originally Posted by Crazy001
Wow...you have quite the string of bad luck with that truck! Sorry to hear about your troubles, hopefully someone here will be able to help you get this figured out...
You could say that, i say i feel like a bought a dodge "great runnin motor but the truck is fallin apart"

Old 08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
fatheadon1
Junior User
Originally Posted by vloney
HMMMM.....how come the claim on Feb.14 charges Ford for spark plugs?
id have to guess that would be a dealer screw up at that point the truck was stuck in 5th gear they said it was the tcm a part that takes a week to get, wait out the week they put the part in and WAM the trucks still stuck in 5th so 8 days into having my truck at their dealer for trans problems they checked the fluid and found metal in it so they replace the trans with the way this dealer does things i can't say anything shocks me anymore with them

Old 08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That really blows, I feel your pain I had a 08 6.4 that was in the shop all the time.

Have you gotten a hold of "Ford Customer Care", at least I think that is what they are called. You have to call Ford customer service a bunch then they will pass you off to Ford customer care. At least that is what they did for me on my 08.

Call them and bug them till they have to acknowledge your problem.

I also wonder have you thought about switching dealers, seems it has been in lots of times for the same symptom that they have never fixed.

Hope you get it fixed, at very least I would hope someone at Ford could see if they could reimburse you for your 3 months of payments since you could not use the truck.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

What are the lemon laws in your state?

Old 08-15-2011, 07:13 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
your issue of the vibartion is not clear, if this is from take off suspect pinon angle issue. this is nothing new lots of tsb's about diaging and repairing it. just no tsb for 2011's.

got nothing on the click type sound would have to hear it.

trans issues we have seen a few with leaking converters thats it.

fuel pump issue that I have seen have all be simular and caused by incorrctly installed filters damaging pump or filter lid not seated fully

are you using the saling dealer for repairs. If so talk to the GM.
for that matter if not talk to the GM were you have been taking it.

request ford fse involment from CSR at the 800#
but none the less. contact 1 800 392 3673.

and a V said they do have sparkplugs listed on the parts installed durring the trans issue

Old 08-15-2011, 07:21 PM
fatheadon1
Junior User
Originally Posted by jack_pine
What are the lemon laws in your state?
lemon law is if it an f350 weather personal or commercial it needs to be filed under commercial lemon law meaning if it was personal ford offers me money to say buy it back then they deal with the lawyers. nj commercial lemon law states that ford pays me a lump sum and then the lawyers take 40% i dont feel the need to throw away 40% of mine or fords money how ever ya look at it

Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
fatheadon1
Junior User
Originally Posted by cheezit
your issue of the vibartion is not clear, if this is from take off suspect pinon angle issue. this is nothing new lots of tsb's about diaging and repairing it. just no tsb for 2011's.

got nothing on the click type sound would have to hear it.

trans issues we have seen a few with leaking converters thats it.

fuel pump issue that I have seen have all be simular and caused by incorrctly installed filters damaging pump or filter lid not seated fully

are you using the saling dealer for repairs. If so talk to the GM.
for that matter if not talk to the GM were you have been taking it.

request ford fse involment from CSR at the 800#
but none the less. contact 1 800 392 3673.

and a V said they do have sparkplugs listed on the parts installed durring the trans issue

since day one the truck has had what ill call 2 vibartion 1st was fixed around 7000miles when the fpr went bad they found a fuel line rubbin the frame rail that stoped vibartion at idle that dealer said was not there till they fixed it next one is under load or when the trans down shifts commin up to a light, the dealer said they could not find it i told them it get worse with a trailer so they shimed the rear still not fixed.
as for the clickin sound last time the first dealer said there was nothing wrong with the truck took it to another dealer and they put a new driveshaft and the click went away but its back again som i assume its another driveshaft
as for the fuel the truck has 7000 miles on it no one had chancged the filters

Buhler is the sales dealer iv have been stuck using them as per ford csr ill will call again

Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
strange I did not see a CUDL open either.
sorry I cant offer more at this point

Old 08-15-2011, 07:57 PM
bad12jr
Posting Guru
Sounds like the rearend has been causing all of you problems. When the spider gear pen blew apart on my 94 it would do that very similar thing before it completely came apart. Could be a miss machined carrier from the factory.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
rear ends are tempermental and it seems like there are very very few people who know how to work on them the right way. I had an 07 mustang GT that I wanted 3.73 gears put into, took it to the ford dealer for the install, they whined like crazy, took it back they redid the install and it still had a bothersome whine at 70mph under light to medium throttle which is exactly the way you drive most of the time at that speed. took it to another shop that was highly recommended by a parts store, they redid the install they whined even worse, it was really really bad now. so I called newtakeoff.com and ordered a complete new rear end assembly with 3,73 gears installed, they rearend whined just like the ford dealers second install. by this time I gave up and just lived with it. the car was a ton of fun but I am sure that contributed to me selling the car not too long after. I always wanted to see if it was the carrier bearing because thats about all that was left to check.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:00 AM
jack_pine
Elder User

Originally Posted by fatheadon1
lemon law is if it an f350 weather personal or commercial it needs to be filed under commercial lemon law meaning if it was personal ford offers me money to say buy it back then they deal with the lawyers. nj commercial lemon law states that ford pays me a lump sum and then the lawyers take 40% i dont feel the need to throw away 40% of mine or fords money how ever ya look at it
Agreed, that is little help to you..............

Old 08-16-2011, 07:40 AM
11350KINGRANCH
Senior User
THAT SUCKS!!!!! Have you tried getting it over to Tom's? Sounds like Buhler is screwing with you. Also, when we had a problem at Buhler Jeep I got them to make a few car payments by talking with the regional manager that oversaw all of the dealerships in the area. Good luck Buddy!!!

Quick Reply: 95 days out of service