2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 Fx4 Aftermarket subs/amp problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 06:22 AM
TurnsToRust
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 Fx4 Aftermarket subs/amp problems

I had an aftermarket stereo (subs & amp, 600watts or so, nothing major) hooked up in my 2008 F-150 Fx4 by FutureShop. They hooked it up so that my stock system still runs like normal, and then my aftermarked system also runs. It worked great for about a year. Then I lost my license (long story), and took the subs/amp out so they didnt get stolen, and then I taped up all the wires so they didnt short/touch etc.

My stock stereo/amp/subs still work, but I want more bass.

Now when I hook my aftermarket subs/amp back up, I get no bass, but a VERY faint... treble-y, crackling sound (like... am radio, tuned to a slightly wrong station), then it either blows the fuse, or sends the amp into "Protection Mode". (Ive tried 3 or 4 amps now, same thing every time.)
  • I tried moving the ground, and replacing the wire, which did nothing.
  • Ive tried several different amps, as well as a brand new one off the FutureShop wall.
  • Ive tried several different subs.
  • I got the guy at future shop to check all my wires, and he said they were good...ie-not cracked/broken, and they were obviously hooked up somewhat properly or else it would've never worked in the first place.
Now I know FutureShop should be able to figure this out, but theyre not much help and its not under warranty. Plus, I hate them. I cant see why installing a stereo would be a hard job on a vehicle like this.

Does anyone have experience with this, or similar problems, or some kind of remedy, or ANYTHING? I paid FutureShop to look into this, and they didnt fix anything! (I know.. my own fault for trusting my truck with FutureShop idiots.) Need some help!

Thanks.