1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

'51 F4 project

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 06:11 AM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome Joe ....I'm glad everyone had a good time. Looking forward to seeing the video!!

Old 04-20-2014, 07:54 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
Very nice. I like the way you secured the chairs. They aren't going anywhere.
Can't wait to see the video.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Marauder2004
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Now there's a proud truck and a proud truck owner!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:05 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
That is a great looking truck. Dale JR. must be proud. Did you pick the number or was it assigned?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks guys. The chairs on the bed didn't budge. The video is coming soon, I hope. It's on my wife's phone and she's busy making Easter breakfast...

The number was assigned by the parade officials. The parade started at 10:00, but I didn't need to start Betsy until 10:35. So that's how far back #88 really was. And I never needed to shift into 2nd gear until I was past the reviewing stand. Most of the parade she was idling in 1st or stopped. Not sure what the slowdown was. Maybe the video will tell.

I was flying the seven flags again this year: Old Glory, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard and POW/MIA. As we drove past the reviewing stand, a group of uniformed men came to attention and saluted Old Glory. Gave me chills. I love this stuff.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:36 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,781 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Fantastic!!!!

I'm glad you had fun and everything worked like it should.

Woohoo!
Bobby

Old 04-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Fantastic!!!!

I'm glad you had fun and everything worked like it should.

Woohoo!
Bobby
Thanks Bobby. Yes, the "lock-up" problem I've been dealing with for months is fixed... by simply readjusting the brakes.

And she didn't even begin to overheat with all the idling and stopping during the parade. So, I think that's cool... see what I did there?

Old 04-20-2014, 03:00 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,781 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe

And she didn't even begin to overheat with all the idling and stopping during the parade. So, I think that's cool... see what I did there?

Clever Joe
You're a real fart smeller....er...I mean smart feller

LOL

Old 04-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Here's the video

I copied the parade video off my wife's phone and edited it down from 17 minutes to 5 minutes. I had to download Windows Movie Maker to edit the file, then save it for "computer" to convert it so Windows Media Player could recognize it.

Betsy shows up at 3:00. I left the little cars in there for Ilya, since he just got a little Jeep.

I hope this works. The last few times I tried to post a video it did not work.

Paradeedited-1.mp4 Video by JollyRogerJoe | Photobucket

And, it still won't work...

Old 04-20-2014, 10:07 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger Joe
I copied the parade video off my wife's phone and edited it down from 17 minutes to 5 minutes. I had to download Windows Movie Maker to edit the file, then save it for "computer" to convert it so Windows Media Player could recognize it.

Betsy shows up at 3:00. I left the little cars in there for Ilya, since he just got a little Jeep.

I hope this works. The last few times I tried to post a video it did not work.

Paradeedited-1.mp4 Video by JollyRogerJoe | Photobucket

And, it still won't work...
Video works for me.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:33 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,423 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Video link worked for me, too. What a nice day and a fun looking parade. Ol' Betsy did her job very well, standing tall and proud. Congrats on getting all the problems fixed. But the Shriners in the midget cars is always fun.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile what were you thinking ?

I can't believe you put your truck in a parade , where dirty people and kids would touch it and get close to it, Then you had things tied on the back , what if something fell and scratched the truck , How can you enjoying using a truck like they where meant to be used. I also noticed some of the paint doesn't match, And where was the guy with the trailer, to take you home if it rained . I also didn't notice the big gold chain around your neck , where you out of uniform ? Your not one of those guy that would rather drive and use the truck as a old truck , are you . Trailer queens are like trophy Wives, Real pretty to look at, But your kind of afraid to take them out and ride them hard and put them away wet . I would rather have a driver with dents and scratches , and plenty of character over any show truck. Just having some fun you enjoy your truck and that's all that counts .

Old 04-21-2014, 05:57 AM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gee, Joe. You could have been scootin' around like all of the Shriner's guys. That would have gotten their attention!
What a great day. I'm glad that you made it.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 757 Likes on 369 Posts
It's great to see your truck out strutting her stuff. It looks like it was a great day, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
Video works for me.
The link works. But I used to be able to add a video to a post, and it would look like a video in the post, instead of like a link to the video. I don't know if Photobucket changed, but I can't do that any more.

Originally Posted by 52 Merc
Video link worked for me, too. What a nice day and a fun looking parade. Ol' Betsy did her job very well, standing tall and proud. Congrats on getting all the problems fixed. But the Shriners in the midget cars is always fun.
Kathy took more video, and if the parade gets put up on YouTube, I'll post that link too. The parade was about an hour long and 1.2 miles. That's how slowly I was driving. The little midget cars were having a ball!

Originally Posted by DR Smith
I can't believe you put your truck in a parade , where dirty people and kids would touch it and get close to it, Then you had things tied on the back , what if something fell and scratched the truck , How can you enjoying using a truck like they where meant to be used. I also noticed some of the paint doesn't match, And where was the guy with the trailer, to take you home if it rained . I also didn't notice the big gold chain around your neck , where you out of uniform ? Your not one of those guy that would rather drive and use the truck as a old truck , are you . Trailer queens are like trophy Wives, Real pretty to look at, But your kind of afraid to take them out and ride them hard and put them away wet . I would rather have a driver with dents and scratches , and plenty of character over any show truck. Just having some fun you enjoy your truck and that's all that counts .
This cracked me up. Betsy will never be a trailer queen. I can't afford a trailer that heavy duty!

Originally Posted by The Horvaths
Gee, Joe. You could have been scootin' around like all of the Shriner's guys. That would have gotten their attention!
What a great day. I'm glad that you made it.
Yeah, I never saw the Shriners in the parade this year. They were having a grand old time. But so was I. There were 2,600 participants this year and around 6,000 or 7,000 onlookers. This was the 9th year of the parade.

Originally Posted by Harrier
It's great to see your truck out strutting her stuff. It looks like it was a great day, thanks for sharing.
The one thing nice about driving slowly is the truck doesn't bounce all over the road from every little bump or hole in the pavement. Driving to downtown to line up for the parade is an adventure. I never notice the bad condition of our streets when I'm driving my car. But Betsy will keep you awake on those same streets. If I didn't have seat belts, I'd probably bounce off the seat.

On the way home, I kept it under 30 mph just to take it easy on myself and the truck.

Quick Reply: '51 F4 project