Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Senior User

speedyweasel is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
See? I knew you'd get it from somebody I wouldn't have picked. Glad we didn't go with the LMC or Dennis Carpenter card. That's a great looking setup.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyweasel View Post
See? I knew you'd get it from somebody I wouldn't have picked. Glad we didn't go with the LMC or Dennis Carpenter card. That's a great looking setup.
Yup! And the only way I could do it was to have a gift card without a name... Of course I didn't read the part online about registering the card, so I tried to use it before I could. But I finally figured it out.

Thanks again. I love doing my own Christmas shopping. No ties, shirts or oddball things I'll never use.

51 F4 "Betsy" http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford
Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Every day is Saturday...

Jolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to beholdJolly Roger Joe is a splendid one to behold
Just a small update. While I was gone this week, the battery cover came in from Specialty Battery Sales.

I really like it. Now all I need is the bracket, J-bolt and hardware to arrive from Chuck's Trucks and I can put it in the truck. Well, I'm going to refurb the battery holder in the truck first, but now I can get started.

Click the image to open in full size.

51 F4 "Betsy" http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...4-project.html "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." Henry Ford
Old 01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Joe,

I forget if you converted to 12v or not. That battery case top looks to be for a 12v battery. Just want to make sure Kirk doesn't have a new top for the 6v batteries.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post
Joe,

I forget if you converted to 12v or not. That battery case top looks to be for a 12v battery. Just want to make sure Kirk doesn't have a new top for the 6v batteries.
Well, I haven't tried to fit it yet, but I told him it was a 6 volt Optima.
EDIT: I just looked at your pic of the battery case. The top is different from yours, in that the "filler caps" are not black on mine.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Quote:
Joe,

I just checked it out. The holes are centered directly over the posts, so I'm good.

EDIT: Then you had me going, so I went out and cleaned up the tray, primered and painted it, and installed the battery case and battery.

I measured the length I'll need for new cables... 14" for both will work great. I'll PM you.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Joe,

Could you please take a picture of the top cover and with your 6v Optima installed? I may want to change the top on mine if it looks more authentic.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Quote:
Joe,

Could you please take a picture of the top cover and with your 6v Optima installed? I may want to change the top on mine if it looks more authentic.
Sure thing Ilya. I'll grab a shot tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:49 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Ilya, here you go... I don't have my hold down bracket yet, so the cables are just on there loosely.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
New User

kingdakota is starting off with a positive reputation.
Radiator

Hello, I have a f3 radiator which shows 1950 and in great condition and has shroud attached, My Dad restored older Ford trucks with V8's only and he had a motor rebuilding shop in Mo. we have had this for near 20 years. Do you have and thoughts about where I should go with this?
Brian
314 471 6477
Old 01-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdakota View Post
Hello, I have a f3 radiator which shows 1950 and in great condition and has shroud attached, My Dad restored older Ford trucks with V8's only and he had a motor rebuilding shop in Mo. we have had this for near 20 years. Do you have and thoughts about where I should go with this?
Brian
314 471 6477
Yes, you should put in the classifieds here and on your local Craigslist. Advertising items for sale in the forums is prohibited. Please use the classifieds. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM
New User

kingdakota is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thank you!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Every day is Saturday...

New fuel pump and battery bracket

As I promised in my "I smell gasoline" thread, I am posting pics of the new fuel pump.

Here's the old and new side-by-side. They are not identical, but the truck runs now, so the new one works. It was "assembled" in the US, but I'm sure the parts are foreign... But it's supposed to handle Ethanol. We'll see. I also spent about a half hour cleaning the rust off the fuel line to the carb. It looks better, but not new. I thought about painting it, but ran out of time and enthusiasm...

Here's the new one installed. I honestly don't think I could have gotten this done without suggestions from several FTE members. I never would have thought to remove the right wheel and access cover (because I didn't even know about the cover). And that was the only way I could get to both nuts holding on the pump. Anyway, here it is installed.

I had to run all over town to find the fitting for the fuel line to the pump. It's larger on the new pump, and I searched for about 4 hours before I found one that fit. So I ran out of daylight before I took these final pics.

Oh, and here's one of the completed battery installation. All I need now are the 1/0 cables to finish that part of the project.

Thanks again guys, for all your help. FTE is GREAT! Or is that Frosted Flakes?

Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Post Fiend

Looks nice!

I recommend painting the J hook. It will develop surface rust. My buddy wasn't in today when I stopped by about the cables. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Every day is Saturday...

Quote:
Looks nice!

I recommend painting the J hook. It will develop surface rust. My buddy wasn't in today when I stopped by about the cables. I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks Ilya!

Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM