Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2011, 02:26 AM
Junior User

sunbird79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anybody Drag race

I just got my truck weighed tonight it came in at 2616 with a 60/40 split. Itís making its first run at the track tomorrow. Iíve been looking for other Ď52 that race not finding any. Letís see truckís that get to go racing.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbird79 View Post
Anybody Drag race
No.But occasionally, when the wife's away, I'll throw on some of her old lingerie and run around the house.
Anthony...Hey Kevin....Silly Boy...Hey John...Hey Dan... WOW! OYE!...OH
CRAP...just for giggles...GREAT JOB...Nice Work Tard!...takes a "womans
touch"...TeeHee...you jerks."
Old 08-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Senior User

epp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuzzard View Post
No.But occasionally, when the wife's away, I'll throw on some of her old lingerie and run around the house.
love to see drag racing pics, ibuzzards pics, not so much
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old 08-12-2011, 09:39 AM
New User

Agrajag is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbird79 View Post
I just got my truck weighed tonight it came in at 2616 with a 60/40 split.
Wow, what did you do to lighten it up? I thought these trucks weighed around 3000.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
I run my 49 at the track for time to time.
Drags 2011 :: MVI_0054.mp4 video by bobbytnm - Photobucket

Not sure what my truck weighs but I do have serious traction issues. I have to really feather the throttle off the line or I smoke the tires into 2nd gear.

I'm hoping to get into the 14's. My buddy has offered to lend me some slicks which ought to help a bit. It'd be nice to be able to stand on the throttle when the tree comes down without having to worry about it.

Not sure what part of the country you are in but here in Albuquerque we are fairlyt high elevation, approx a mile high. Right now I'm running mid 15's. I don't think thats too bad for my old truck.

Good luck, let us know how you did
Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior User

pintoplumber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pintoplumber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I do a little.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Senior User

flatheadjohn is starting off with a positive reputation.
I built a 60s gasser style 52 F-1 with an SBC and haven't raced it yet but would like to just to see what it will do. The only problem is I have fenderwell headers and no exhaust except for Dynacore baffles at the collectors the local track here in Sacramento, Commiefornia won't let me run cause I don't have mufflers on it and it's too loud. They require mufflers now at the track because people that encroached on the property surrounding the track complained about the noise so now they have a noise ordinance. The track was out in the middle of literally nowhere and the whiners had to move close to it knowing full well there was a racetrack nearby. I'm so sick of stupid people!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:23 PM
Post Fiend

55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.55 f350 has a great reputation on FTE.
thanx to the work schedule not for a couple of years now . when i did it was maybe 4-5 times a year because of schedule . never with the 53 as i didn't want to hurt my flatty ! i took my beater 4.6 95 bird down ( true duals no cats with mils and flowmasters , a chip that was in it when i got it from hypertech , 3.08 pegleg diff , and with me and a full tank 2 tons of weight too move ) . best was i think 15.10 at 92 or 93 mph . talk about slow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! races roundy round for years though ............................
that's because were all opinionated bullcrap artists looking for somewhere to espout our views and show the world how much we { don't } know especially to newcomers. were on a mission to impress you and make you believe we are all knowing ! P.A.D.D = project attention deficit disorder . everyone on here has it , and is an enabler !!!! so enter at your own risk !!!!!!!!!!! if you don't have 2 or 3 broken fords / projects , then you just ain't right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Posting Guru

homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.
flathead, you know you can't fix STUPID.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Senior User

epp is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
cool vids bobby, i thought you were in for a hurting when i saw that 5 window up against you but looked like you held your own
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old 08-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by epp View Post
love to see drag racing pics, ibuzzards pics, not so much
Give me your email address,I'll send 'em anyway.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
epp,

Yea, when he lined up next to me I figured I was toast. I spanked him though.

I have really got to work on my reaction times. Since I have to feather the throttle so much to get rolling my reaction times have been WAY slow... .6 and .7 ugh

I'll give it another shot with slicks in a month or so and we'll see how I do.

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 08-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Posting Guru

BlueOvalRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BlueOvalRage is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
AH HAH!!! We knew you'd be back, Danny Boy! Now I'm on to ya. I feel so used and misled.

Seriously, I've never raced in my life, but I'd like to try it sometime. I want to see what my old Falcon will do when I get the new driveline in. Now that I think about it, maybe I should try to get the F-2 to the track first. I'm on building a work truck instead of a rod, but I'm going to put a supercharger on the little 347 to try to get good pulling power and decent fuel mileage out of the same engine. It would be cool to see what a blown and stroked small block would do in a 3/4 ton 4x4. Locking her in 4-high would eliminate traction problems. Hmmm.......
Old 08-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Gone But Not Forgotten

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOvalRage View Post
AH HAH!!! We knew you'd be back, Danny Boy! Now I'm on to ya. I feel so used and misled.
That does it,Joe!I'm sending photos to you,too.And also to the other members of the Ugly Agenda!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Senior User

pintoplumber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.pintoplumber is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here's some more.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 PM