Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2011, 01:14 AM
New User

99v10sd is starting off with a positive reputation.
P1151 OBD Trouble Code

I'm driving a 1999 F25o V10 Superduty, it has a manual transmission with 4WD.
Around town it behaves wonderfully. Although the mpg tends to bounce between 10 and 13. When I take a road trip, get it out on the highway and set the cruise... bam, about 200 miles out I start losing power like I'm out of fuel or something. Kick it down a gear and rap it and grab 5th gear again and it straitens out for a bit , then does the same thing again then trips the p1151 code. get back in town, no codes, no problems till the next trip to college. Usually I'm pulling grade or a trailer when this happens. lack of HO2S-21 Switch, sensor indicates lean. Can't things just break and stay that way till you can fix 'em???
Old 08-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Post Fiend

projectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to beholdprojectSHO89 is a splendid one to behold
Might be something as simple as a restricted fuel filter.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” - Mark Twain
Old 08-12-2011, 09:48 AM
New User

I should have mentioned that i replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump last year hoping to cure my problem. I should say I fixed another intermittent problem and i was hoping the 2 problems were somehow connected. Never know until you hit the road. Been running "sea foam" the last 2 tanks hoping to clean injectors. I can't hear any vacuum leaks, connections all look good. was thinking egr valve or o2 sensor. I was hoping to avoid playing "replacement technician".Limited resources,{did I mention the kid in college}350 miles from home [
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 PM
New User

round trip to college

Made the trip down, loaded with stuff. Pulled a 12' U-haul trailer. Left the truck in 4th gear 2500 rpm 60+ mph going south. The 1151 code tripped again about half way down(150mi.) but the truck ran great. On the way home empty, with the trailer still in tow, I tried 5th gear at 2250 rpm. Ran o.k. for a bit then started to bog down. Had to gear down to forth and mash the gas just to maintain 55mph. Woulda thought I was running out of gas. Stopped and filled the tank, gave it a minutes rest and hit the highway again in 4th @2500rpm 60+. Again, no loss of power the rest of the way. But the mileage was down to single digits, OUCH.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:03 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
1151, 1999, cf250, code, codes, engine, ford, obd, odb, odb2, otc, p1151, trouble, v10, wwwp1151com