Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Senior User

MrMarquis is starting off with a positive reputation.
TheRailBaron6200
Maryland Inspection Questions

Hey y'all, quick questions.

Trying to get the truck through inspection...needed a few things, so after hangers/shackles, alternator, and muffler and tailpipe, the shop is saying that it still won't go through due to "rough edges." The headlight bezel is cracked and they say the sharp edge fails it...as well as a scratch and/or dent that is too rough on the fender. I'm yet to see them, only told over the phone.

Seriously? Has Maryland gotten that strict?

Couple of my buddies, one a former licensed inspector, said to just cover said areas with duct-tape and it'll pass. Was wondering if anyone else has tried this and if this is still a legal repair?

The Big Mercury Enthusiast ------ Pennsylvania Chapter Member
Old 08-11-2011, 10:21 AM
NY CHAPTER LDR

tiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputationtiny1 has a superb reputation
WOW... if that is the case, they are very strict down there.
Official #2 Slackmaster & Pyroslacker Extraordinaire

To Join The NEW YORK CHAPTER CLICK HERE

R.I.P. Steve, SteveBricks, you were a friend and will be greatly missed.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
anything that could cut or pull on clothing has to be smooth. glue the headlight, and "smooth" the scratch. How is the front end alignment? if the truck "wanders" going down the road it will fail for that. Make sure all the lights work
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Senior User

TheRailBaron6200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
anything that could cut or pull on clothing has to be smooth. glue the headlight, and "smooth" the scratch. How is the front end alignment? if the truck "wanders" going down the road it will fail for that. Make sure all the lights work
Alignment is good, tracks straight down the road. It's in the shop right now and all they told me it needed after repairs was the two rough areas taken care of...

Old 08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
cool, so by the weekend you'll be cruisi'n. cool deal.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 08-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Yep, duct tape will do the trick.....get the ok on the inspection and tear the tape back off..... good to go.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 08-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Senior User

firewood truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
which fender is 'too rough'? I have a spotless passenger side fender and head light bezel from a '92 F250, I'll sell them to you for a very cheap price!
Old 08-17-2011, 08:49 AM
Senior User

TheRailBaron6200
So, turns out duct tape is no longer a legal fix according to my shop. It has to be a permanent fix.

It's the passenger side bed wheel well that has some shotty patchwork from the previous owner...not sharp or nothing, but rough enough to fail it...looks like the sand paper and maybe the grinder will be coming out over the weekend.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I'd be going to a different shop......or go on line (MD.GOV) and find the law and read it myself.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter

Tags
1999, diesel, expedition, f150, ford, inspection, inspections, large, maryland, md, quick, truck