Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2009+ F150 Discuss the 2009 through 2014 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM
New User

TX_FF_Jim is starting off with a positive reputation.
Burns, your list is great....that is, until you ruin it with that jap-crap crotch rocket. Yeah, it's faster than my Softail but nowhere near as gorgeous haha
Old 08-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Elder User

shortride is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BURNSTOUGHFORD View Post
I would be for a Hardley Ableson edition ford if it didnt say Harley Davidson anywhere on it. Honestly I really like the truck, but couldnt see myslef ever owning a truck that has badges all over if from a motorcycle brand i cannot stand.
I agree with you. I guess Ford has recognized a need for a specialty market for the H-D trucks but it's obviously very limited. I have a late model Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic that has had more issues than I can keep up with. I honestly would not wish it on my worst enemy.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.Deluxe05 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have been following the Ford Harley-Davidson Alliance trucks since 2001 when I first found out that they had a partnership. Through the years, it seems like they constantly introduce changes that I like & dislike. And, on reflecting on that aspect, I have to say that it has got to be hard to design a car/truck for a target audience when the tastes of people vary so wildly.

I, personally, am a plain-Jane person. I do not like skulls, flames, or any of the other popular styling queues. If anything, I like the days of pin-up girls, but I would not want the front of my truck painted with a pin-up girl like the nose of a WWII bomber.

I loved almost everything about my '06 Harley-Davidson F-250...except the flames on lower doors. However, they did grow on me. With the dark stone grey body color, the black flames were muted bit. When that truck was stolen, I was heartbroken.

I could not settle on a '08 Harley-Davidson trucks (both F-150 & Super Duty) because I hated the copperish-brown, ribbed, V design in the seats. And, honestly, I still was not too sure about going with the 6.4L PSD, as it was still pretty new. So, I ended up getting a Lincoln Mark LT.

In 2009, Ford offered the venerable 6.8L V10 in the Harley-Davidson Super Duties. That solved my motor quandary, and after seeing the blue-on-blue, ghosted flames, I knew that I had found my next truck.

The 2010 Harley-Davidson F-150s were awful, IMHO. I was not a fan of the swoop design on the lower doors, but I could have gotten past that. However, the burgundy leather inlays throughout the interior just wrecked the interior (go see for yourself).

2011 Harley-Davidson F-150s were a mixed bag. The interiors went back to classic black leather. But, they stepped up the gawdiness of the exterior graphics. It is essentially a simulated fish-scale polished metal look that is outlined by pin stripes (go see for yourself). And, they put it on the hood in addition to the lower doors.

As for their latest incarnation, I am finding myself still stuck in an odd "like it, hate it" position. I like the interior, but the big, grey, swoop design is just....bleh. And the rims are just odd looking, but I cannot really put my finger on why. Oh, well....to each their own, as I am sure we will all see one or more running around our local streets.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Elder User

shortride is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My favorite H-D F150 was the Silver and Black 2003 Supercharged model. I still like that body style better than the newer models.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Posting Guru

BURNSTOUGHFORD has a good reputation on FTE.BURNSTOUGHFORD has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_FF_Jim View Post
Burns, your list is great....that is, until you ruin it with that jap-crap crotch rocket. Yeah, it's faster than my Softail but nowhere near as gorgeous haha

To each there own honestly... Its great to see ford selling a speciality truck. I mearly speak from my perspective on it. I probably wouldnt like it anymore if it was a Honda edition. I guess i dont care for the King Ranch much either.

But i always did love the Eddie Baure Edition Broncos (firgure that one out)

As for Hardley Ableson.... Im not intentionally trying to go off topic (but sort of am i guess) but im not a fan of air cooled push rod under powered pig bikes that break down frequently. Im also not a fan of engine vibration and clunky transmissions.

OH and i hate Chrome (you can see why harley bikes dont do it for me.)

Ive been raised in the motorcycle world (dad owned a motorcycle repair shop) and i have been around bikes my entire life. So i guess my point is im not a fan boy as much as I like reliable fast bikes. (with no chrome...haha)

Theres my spiel.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Posting Guru

SteveVFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
aren't those stripes or swoops just stickers? (I think so). Just heat them up and peel them off...problem solved. That's what I would do if I bought the Harley F150.

old ride: 2004 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Silver/DSG
Old 08-26-2011, 07:01 PM
New User

TX_FF_Jim is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah, they're just adhesive and even with the new 2012's, I'm still considering yanking those things off. Just gotta see one up close and personal first.

No problems with the HARLEY-DAVIDSON Softail at all....and the chrome is gorgeous!!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2009+ F150

Tags
150, 2012, 2012 ford f150, davidson, ecoboost, f100, f150, fl, ford, forum, forums, fx4, harley, harley davidson, truck