Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 F150 Centurion CC build thread...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this truck makes me wish I had this type of cash so i could go find a crew cab...saw a beautiful green one here but didnt have the money for it

Old 08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To be honest, this isn't taking a whole lot of cash to do. The truck was dirt cheap, I lucked out there. I also lucked out with the driveline, which I had suspected I would.

I'm lucky enough to be good friends with someone that has a shop I can work out of, and between the two of us, have the skills needed to do all of our own repairs.

This truck won't be exactly where I'd like it to be before winter, but the major mechanicals and sheetmetal work will be done.

Not gonna lie, next year, I'm going to dump **** tons of money into it. lol.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:43 PM
L. Ward
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Being the right place at the right time is always good. I gave a grand for my crew, probably another $2000 into it with the paint, winch, emergency lighting, and all the other odds and ends parts (gotta love the P&P JY's!!!!).

Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by L. Ward
Being the right place at the right time is always good. I gave a grand for my crew, probably another $2000 into it with the paint, winch, emergency lighting, and all the other odds and ends parts (gotta love the P&P JY's!!!!).

pics of it?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Bankrupter
Elder User
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
pics of it?
You have not seen L.Wards build thread ? I know you have .... Dude if not look ! Its worth the read ...

EDIT:
Err sorry ... Where are my manors... Bob this is looking good too but not too much done yet to start patting you on the butt. As you get deeper into it Ill will be tossing the props.

Got a pic of the rear repair or only finish the front so far ?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Bankrupter
You have not seen L.Wards build thread ? I know you have .... Dude if not look ! Its worth the read ...

EDIT:
Err sorry ... Where are my manors... Bob this is looking good too but not too much done yet to start patting you on the butt. As you get deeper into it Ill will be tossing the props.

well i did once, but cant find it again and not sure what he named the thread to find it LOL...

Old 08-31-2011, 10:35 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Bankrupter

EDIT:

I'll admit, this project is slow going. At this point I'm only working on it on Saturdays. You've given me motivation to do more.

I did finish the rear repair also, but I guess I didn't think to get a picture of it.

Here's LWard's build thread. Freakin' awesome CC!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ll-travel.html

Last edited by Bob Gervais; 08-31-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added link.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:17 AM
L. Ward
Elder User
Thanks Bob, was not trying/going to hijack your thread to post a link to mine. And I know what you mean about only working on the thing one day a week!!

Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by L. Ward
Thanks Bob, was not trying/going to hijack your thread to post a link to mine. And I know what you mean about only working on the thing one day a week!!
Nah, I don't worry about things like hijacking. We're all here to share info, and our projects!

I'm thinking with winter fast approaching, I'm going to need to get up to the shop more often!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:32 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
great build! love the truck, in pretty good condition i think. cant wait to see the rest of the pics.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Thanks! It's not in bad shape at all, considering it's a former upstate NY truck, and sat for a few years. I expected the rust to be worse.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
So, here's some long overdue and much needed updates.

Between my workload increasing, and everyday life, I hadn't had much time for working on the truck. This past weekend was productive!

-Got the old spring buckets out, cleaned up the frame, installed new buckets and springs.

-Replaced one broken front axle shaft, and installed new axle shaft u-joints, rotors/hubs/bearings/seals, and regreased the locking hubs.

-Replaced the radius arm brackets and bushings.

-Cut the hacked up exhaust off from the 2nd cat back. I'll be installing the single 3" exhaust and Magnaflow muffler from my former 93 this week, along with a new trans crossmember (the one on there now is bent).

-Installed a thermostat. The PO apparently had taken the thermostat out, and I found that someone had installed a 5/8 fender washer in the upper radiator hose, near the radiator outlet. My best guess is that they were trying to slow down the flow of coolant to let it get to operating temp? Weird, but there's a lot of things like that on this truck that are getting fixed properly. I also found that instead of copper washers on the front brake lines, the PO used gasket material and RTV. Why? I dunno, but I'm glad I found the mistake.

At this point, I need to get shocks (still unsure of what brand I'm going with), and eccentric camber bushings to compensate for the CC844 springs, and the front suspension will be done.

From here, I'll be installing the exhaust, new trans crossmember, new front driveshaft, new rear section of the rear driveshaft, trailer hitch, and double checking everything the PO did to the truck.

Once that stuff is done, it's on to putting the interior back together.

On to the pics!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Lookin' great!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
Thanks! Slowly but surely, she's getting there.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Bob Gervais
Posting Guru
A much needed update after spending some time on the ol' girl this past weekend:

-Installed a new, correct trans crossmember. I'm not sure what was in there, but it was wrong. Transfer case no longer hits the floorpan. Also finished scaling/rust converting/painting the frame, since I was under there and filthy anyway.

-Rewired: rear speakers, power to rear seat for lumbar.

-Wired: dome light for the rear of the cab, made a harness for an overhead console that's part of a Steel Horse visor shelf I picked up at a swap meet. The console (for now) will house an NOS Centurion switch panel that will control PIAA driving/fog lights. On this console, there's also a sunglass holder/container. That'll be ditched eventually, and I'll install a nav unit in its place. Bonus, the switch panel is backlit, which I hadn't noticed before! Gotta get some pics of that soon. Also added wiring for the Lund moonvisor, which will be installed next weekend.

-Painted the Lund moonvisor to match the truck (Electric Currant Red). New LED bulbs are on the way, as well as new hardware.

-Patched a varmint hole in the headliner board, and glued on some new headliner fabric. Let the glue set overnight, and installed the headliner board, cut out the hole for the rear light, and installed Taurus dome lights.

-Cleaned the seats, and interior plastic trim. Waiting on the carpet, which should be here later this week, to install everything.

Feels like it had been forever since I'd worked on it, but I'm pretty stoked to get the carpet and get the interior back together. Once that's done, I'll get her registered and inspected, and she'll become a rolling project.

Quick Reply: 1995 F150 Centurion CC build thread...