Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Senior User

Jay is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heated/cooled seats

Has anyone found a way to make the seats cool better. I have an 07 EL and the cooling of the seats is terrible. I took it back once and they speeded up the fans but no help. The Service Manager admitted he was never too impressed with the system.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:48 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
it either works, or it doesn't.

I've been 1/2 pissed with mine since I bought it. My next Ford won't have them. The $1k pricetag isn't worth it IMO for a badly designed A/C seat. Their only redeeming feature is the cool "orange" leather inset on the black leather
Old 08-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Senior User

RI-Matt is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think they work pretty good (at least mine do ) They arent like sitting on a block of ice but you can definately feel the difference. One thing I noticed is they work alot better when the regular A/C is on. I believe they pick up the cool air under the seats and just blow it thru the perforations.
I recently took a family trip in my Expy and had the A/C cranked the whole time (100* + ) both my wife and I commented how the seats kept our butts and lower backs cool.

Matt
Old 08-04-2011, 08:19 AM
Post Fiend

MCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputationMCDavis has a superb reputation
Hey guys. I know that the new SuperDuty cooled seats have a filter on them, underneath the seat. Do the Expy's have this as well? If so, might want to check that filter for any restrictions.
Just a thought.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Freshman User

gaffer222 is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is a small round filter over the fans. I changed mine. The cost is ridiculous for a little filter.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Senior User

Jay is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've changed the filters - even tried running without them for a while - didn't help. Here's what I think is wrong with the design: The unit operates with a small fan blowing air across a chilled plate and through the small holes in the seat. Anytime you have some type of cooling unit, it generates heat that must be removed. This heat that is generated is not in any way exausted from the seat and begins to build and actually makes the seat warmer.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Senior User

CarbonClear is starting off with a positive reputation.
This feature on our Ford's are terrible.

The only way the seats will actually cool if there is direct cooling from the ac to the seat. For example on mercedes and I think bmw's, there is a direct pipe into the seats to provide cooling.

Don't suppose any of on board forum genius's have come up with an idea to do this?
2004 Honda Crv
2003 Ford F350 XLT, 7.3 Diesel 4x4 (Sold)
2001 Porsche Carrera Cab
Old 08-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Senior User

ScubaCat is starting off with a positive reputation.
I can't feel any difference with them on at all.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2011, buy, cooled, cover, expedition, f150, ford, heated, heatedcooled, it, seat, seats, superduty, truck, trucks, worth